The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography (AS & A2) help/discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have predictions for glaciation and china? Also for the investigation section??
Original post by civ1
Hi i am also doing glaciers and china do you have any china notes we can trade i got really good glaciers and g4 notes if you want

my teacher predicted globilasation and the effects
and for glaciers effects by humans on glaciers

Could you please send me notes for G4, would be much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 582
BREAKING: it is possible that the paper has been leaked!!!!!!!!
Anyone have any predictions for questions on development of coasts?
Reply 584
Original post by Elliehowarth97
Anyone have any predictions for questions on development of coasts?

name two coast landform feature and explain fully
Original post by civ1
name two coast landform feature and explain fully

That doesn't sound too bad. What's this about the paper being leaked?
Reply 586
Original post by Elliehowarth97
That doesn't sound too bad. What's this about the paper being leaked?

nah it was a bogus article but it was too late because i cant delte the post
Reply 587
G4 coming up in a few days anyone got decent notes
The content of the resource booklet is focused on cities and energy - with more on energy than cities. Does anyone have any ideas for possible questions?
Reply 589
Original post by OPR
The content of the resource booklet is focused on cities and energy - with more on energy than cities. Does anyone have any ideas for possible questions?

i think the 25 marker will be along the lines of how has population growth in cities induced growth on energy

Also do u think it will be water or food for the 25 marker
Reply 590
G4 Tomorrow, everyone ready? anyone got any hints for possible questions?
1 question on sustainable energy in cities is likely and most likely other 25marker is on water.
Original post by Byrnea
G4 Tomorrow, everyone ready? anyone got any hints for possible questions?
1 question on sustainable energy in cities is likely and most likely other 25marker is on water.

I seriously wouldn't try to predict it (The Water over Food question). Not only did they show in G3 that just because a question hasn't been in a paper for a few years it doesn't mean that it will show up again (Desert Characteristics), but due to the resource booklet being different each year it's not really advisable to start predicting questions.

Good luck though everyone, definitely look into some growing energy demand with population growth questions though, since this seems to be the direction of the resource booklet (With the last chunk of resources outlining alternative energy).

Also as for the Section A 25 mark question, remember that it always consists of two parts, so for an essay it will always link back to how a situation can be improved with sustainable activity, make sure to focus on this part more than the first, since the first part should really just be what you outline initially (All sustainable activity to tackle growth/other occurances will link back to the starting point).

Again Good Luck!
Reply 592
Hi guys my teacher hardly taught us G4

what is the exam technque and how do you answer questions relating to the resource booklet

thanks
Original post by civ1
G4 coming up in a few days anyone got decent notes

my notes are awful :frown: also figure 18 is unquotable, anybody else noticed this??
Reply 594
Original post by Magicalgeofray
my notes are awful :frown: also figure 18 is unquotable, anybody else noticed this??

what do you mean it is unqouteable there are figures and you know the countries
Original post by civ1
what do you mean it is unqouteable there are figures and you know the countries

look at the key and countries colours, they are different
Original post by civ1
Hi guys my teacher hardly taught us G4

what is the exam technque and how do you answer questions relating to the resource booklet

thanks

Resource Booklet should really just be to refer back to in your answers as you would raw facts and figures from a case study, remember to get the actual geographical knowledge into your answer.

For the 10 markers keep it brief, no introduction or conclusion is needed and you really should just be aiming for 3 clearly explained points relating to the question (Think of them like AS questions, since that's basically what they are).

For the first 25 mark question, include an introduction and conclusion, although the question will relate somewhat to the resource booklet, so make sure to link your knowledge to the figures as supporting evidence (Don't just describe what the figures show). As I stated above, the 25 mark questions will always be in two parts, with the first part being a statement or asking for basic knowledge, and the second part asking for how this can be addressed with sustainable methods (It could be either Energy or Cities, but my guess would be a range of both, probably leaning more towards how population growth links to growing energy demand).

Then for the 25 mark question in Section B, this time the resource booklet wont have connection, so don't waste time trying to find resources that support your points, you need to go at it with your own knowledge, the same as with the last 25 mark question, however this time using your own evidence.

I would suggest going through the course outlines today, trying to remember as much information as possible, although focus on Energy and Cities if anything, since 55/80 marks will be on these two topics alone. Good Luck!
Original post by Magicalgeofray
look at the key and countries colours, they are different

They aren't in my booklet, yours must have been printed wrong? Although with Resource 13 having a wrong key description (referring to millions of tonnes of equivalent oil consumption per person), we already know that there will be a message read out at the start of the exam to cross out 'millions'.

Although you could still refer to the figure incorrectly and I think the marker would have to credit you, since who are they to know if the invigilators read out the notice or not, I wouldn't risk doing it :')
Just so i'm sure, because the Resource Booklet is about Energy and Cities that means that the Section B 25 marker is going to be about Water or Food right?
Original post by turnandfall
Just so i'm sure, because the Resource Booklet is about Energy and Cities that means that the Section B 25 marker is going to be about Water or Food right?

Correct

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending