Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Geography Edexcel unit 1 revision guide - which is better?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I want to get a revision guide for Edexcel geography (a level) in unit 1. Yet on Amazon there are two that I'm deciding on. Both have been written by the same authors, but one's a newer edition.

Has anyone come across both? As I want to get the one which is better, but I can't decide aha. The first one is the 2008 edition, and the latter is the 2011 edition. Thanks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-AS-G...0719018&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Geog.../ref=pd_cp_b_0
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have the first one, the "old" edition, though the information is still fantastic. I have the two "old" versions for units one and two, and the new editions for units three and four.

They're all very useful textbooks, but I also have the CGP Edexcel AS-Level guide to supplement the first two unit books.

How is your revision going? I'm doing all four units in May and June, so I am pretty much 24/7 Geography right now. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to chat!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Umpire)
    I have the first one, the "old" edition, though the information is still fantastic. I have the two "old" versions for units one and two, and the new editions for units three and four.

They're all very useful textbooks, but I also have the CGP Edexcel AS-Level guide to supplement the first two unit books.

How is your revision going? I'm doing all four units in May and June, so I am pretty much 24/7 Geography right now. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to chat!
    Thanks for your reply, I'll message you now!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used the CGP book for my unit 1 revision which was great but I used the unit 3 version of this book when I was doing unit 3 and it was great! It had case studies dotted around and was quite concise and easy to read. There won't really be much difference between the 2 versions except maybe a few updated case studies so either will be fine!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkblue)
    I used the CGP book for my unit 1 revision which was great but I used the unit 3 version of this book when I was doing unit 3 and it was great! It had case studies dotted around and was quite concise and easy to read. There won't really be much difference between the 2 versions except maybe a few updated case studies so either will be fine!
    Thank you, I've bought the newest editions now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wonderstruck)
    I want to get a revision guide for Edexcel geography (a level) in unit 1. Yet on Amazon there are two that I'm deciding on. Both have been written by the same authors, but one's a newer edition.

Has anyone come across both? As I want to get the one which is better, but I can't decide aha. The first one is the 2008 edition, and the latter is the 2011 edition. Thanks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-AS-G...0719018&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Geog.../ref=pd_cp_b_0
    Here, this is all that you'll need for your geog revision:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crayons.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	136963

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 18, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.