The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F214 Communication, Homeostasis and Energy Friday 22 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
you know the 3 mark Q above the stuff asking about endotherms on the 2nd page what was that about? acclimitization and stuff?
Reply 1181
Original post by atman7
I thought CO2 was produced between O and X wasnt it?

yeah co2 was produced before x.. so it was respiring. there was a one marker which said what was the name of the process :smile:
Original post by atman7
I put aerobic sicne that produces CO2 its not clear for which it can be from the information they gave

Yeah I got confused, cause it said the plants respired anaerobically the same way the yeast did - producing CO2.
I think I had anaerobic respiration on the brain, CO2 being produced in aerobic didn't even cross my mind D:
This paper was easy so grade boundaries are going to be high but it was much easier to lose marks on silly mistakes on this paper than jan I believe. So maybe not as high as jan.

Btw for 5 mark box I got
Impermeable to water : ascending limb of henle
Podocyte: Bowman's capsule
ADH: collecting duct
Water being Reabsorbed the most: Collecting duct
Forgot the last one

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Appo
Original post by kurdabora
Endotherm
Vasodilation
Hypothalamus
And I got adrenaline

I put Ectotherm because it said NARROW Limits. Suggesting it can't go to anywhere too hot or too cold? Am I wrong? :s-smilie:
Wasn't at x photon hitting the photo system??

Glomerulus
Bowman's capsule
Efferent arteriole

It was the PCT.
Original post by atman7
you know the 3 mark Q above the stuff asking about endotherms on the 2nd page what was that about? acclimitization and stuff?

Yep, and them only traveling in one direction, being amplified by summation, filtering out weak unwanted signals ect.
Original post by LewisS911
I put Ectotherm because it said NARROW Limits. Suggesting it can't go to anywhere too hot or too cold? Am I wrong? :s-smilie:

The thing is quite a few people got ectotherms as well but humans only have a narrow limit of body temp.
Normal body temp is what 37 degrees not entirely sure but yh we can't go above that or below as it can be life threatening.

Reply 1189
easiest paper ever, did everyone mention golgi apparatus, packaging and modifying and storage in vesicles for the last que ?
Reply 1190
This paper was easy so grade boundaries are going to be high but it was much easier to lose marks on silly mistakes on this paper than jan I believe. So maybe not as high as jan.

Btw for 5 mark box I got
Forgot the last one

For impermeable of water i put top of ascending limb
podocyte Bowman's capsule
ADH collecting duct
Water absorbed most in proximal convoluted and loop of henle
Last one: glucose absorbed the most i think?? i put proximal convoluted tubule
Reply 1191
Original post by stben01
.......:/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

It was mainly reused questions that had been rewarded or altered. I really liked that was better then Jan 2012
Original post by niaghez
ADH collecting duct

Yh last one is pct.
Wouldn't most water Reabsorbed be collecting duct as in going down into the medulla where there is v low water potential due to sodium and chloride ions and water potential in collecting duct is high so most water leaves there?

Reply 1193
Original post by niaghez
ADH collecting duct

I put distal convoluted tubule and ascending limb of the loop of hence
can't remember
can't remember
can't remember
collecting duct and proximal convoluted tubule
Reply 1194
Original post by RachelM94
Yep, and them only traveling in one direction, being amplified by summation, filtering out weak unwanted signals ect.

thats okay my friends did the same i felt bit fearful of putting that for that question.
Reply 1195

Btw for 5 mark box I got
Forgot the last one

it said mention part or parts so yeh i got the same for them apart from ADH i put collecting duct and distil convoluted tubule. for the podocyte i put epithelium of the bowmans capsule
Reply 1196
Yh last one is pct.
Wouldn't most water Reabsorbed be collecting duct as in going down into the medulla where there is v low water potential due to sodium and chloride ions and water potential in collecting duct is high so most water leaves there?

i thought that too i think its right because it was number '12' on it too.. but loop of henle too because its going down to the medulla.. i think there were a possibility of more than one answer and even if we put one we should still get it right..
Reply 1197
Paper was relatively easy but gonna be made hard with very high grade boundaries :/
Reply 1198
i know everyone says paper was easy, but there were alot of marks people could drop due to picky mark schemes..
Original post by kimmey
it said mention part or parts so yeh i got the same for them apart from ADH i put collecting duct and distil convoluted tubule. for the podocyte i put epithelium of the bowmans capsule

I never knew adh affects dct.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending