Reply 1380
is there an unofficial mark scheme anywhere?? :smile:
Original post by Jorddds
Maybe I made that bit up :tongue:

Same! Hopefully hes more of a lead in Season 3

<3 the walking dead , except its scary :redface:
Original post by Bethany01
<3 the walking dead , except its scary :redface:

of course 2 marks loss shoot ! and the question on the hormonal outline why there is gap why the 3 mark i said like the receptor site polypeptide receptor site e.t.c?
Reply 1383
Original post by InkyOne
That is all completely correct and logical - it's just whether or not that's what they were looking for in the mark scheme, annoyingly with OCR its not whether or not you're right a lot of the time, just whether you've written what they have! Aggravating, but what you put does make a lot of sense! :smile:

Thanks. I hope it says allow somewhere. It's all in the book so I hope it's in the mark scheme!
Reply 1384
Original post by Jorddds
This is a much more interesting answer than I put and its definitely right, but like somebody said depends what OCR want! I just said it prevents cyclic photophosphorylation meaning there is less ATP available in the light-independent stage so less conversion of GP to TP. Not sure if its a relevant answer.

Id imagine a mark for no cyclic photophosphorylation and maybe a mark for what you put OR for what I put, it was only 2 yeah?

Got me panic'd then haha! Cool, looks like you have all 5 bagsed up nicely.

Yeah was only 2. Remember reading this in the book thinking it was interesting and I was like, hey I can put this in here
Reply 1385
Original post by DeanFoley
Oh, by the way, what did people put for the gap; synapse or synaptic cleft?

I put synapse, hope they'll accept that :s-smilie:
the question on yeast was it pyruvate , ethanal , products ethanol and NAD+(reduced NAD) , and the plant why need it i said energy needed in the form of ATP, active transport and like division mitosis?
Reply 1387
1) Was the question about the pink marking on the plant about respiration or photosynthesis?

2) Was the question about the graph with X and talking about biological processes in relation to photosynthesis or respiration?

Think I read those two wrong!

3) Whats the process when CO2 is produced?

4) Products of light dependant?
Reply 1388
Original post by rf229
1) Was the question about the pink marking on the plant about respiration or photosynthesis?

2) Was the question about the graph with X and talking about biological processes in relation to photosynthesis or respiration?

Think I read those two wrong!

3) Whats the process when CO2 is produced?

4) Products of light dependant?

1) they were talking about respiration in plants

2)I talked about how the rates of photosynthesis and respiration varied in relation with one another and with the increasing light intensity.

3) I just put 'respiration' but people have written variations on the theme (i.e. Krebs/aerobic)

4) ATP O2 and reduced NADP
Original post by otrivine
the question on yeast was it pyruvate , ethanal , products ethanol and NAD+(reduced NAD) , and the plant why need it i said energy needed in the form of ATP, active transport and like division mitosis?

I put co2 for one of the products ?
the plants needs it to re oxidise the reduced NAD so it can return to glycolysis , allowing glycoloysis to continue by accepting hydrogens from pyruvate ?
I'm actually pretty sad I didn't do this paper - it sounds pretty fair. No stupid respiration experiments like in January...
the plants needs it to re oxidise the reduced NAD so it can return to glycolysis , allowing glycoloysis to continue by accepting hydrogens from pyruvate ?

i think they aloow 2 products for 1 mark?
Reply 1392

I put CO2 as well :smile: Along with ethanol.
Was I too vague saying it allows enegry to continue being released in the form of ATP so that cells do not die?

Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
I'm actually pretty sad I didn't do this paper - it sounds pretty fair. No stupid respiration experiments like in January...

I did that for a mock, got zilch point. Terrible question!
Reply 1393
Original post by InkyOne
1) they were talking about respiration in plants

2)I talked about how the rates of photosynthesis and respiration varied in relation with one another and with the increasing light intensity.

3) I just put 'respiration' but people have written variations on the theme (i.e. Krebs/aerobic)

4) ATP O2 and reduced NADP

Is it 2 ATPs?
Reply 1394
Original post by rf229
Is it 2 ATPs?

I don't think i've ever seen it be specified, and i'm pretty sure the question wasn't asking for numbers, or it would have said per molecule of water lysed or something...
Reply 1395
Urm i mentioned photo-respiration for that one marker now im terribly scared???? My friends put photorespiration too!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Jorddds
I put CO2 as well :smile: Along with ethanol.
Was I too vague saying it allows enegry to continue being released in the form of ATP so that cells do not die?

hmm I dunno ? how many marking points was the question ? i suppose the overall reason is to keep making ATP but you didnt mention how this happened , so i dunno :s-smilie:
Original post by Jorddds

It was horrible! So vague!
Reply 1398
hmm I dunno ? how many marking points was the question ? i suppose the overall reason is to keep making ATP but you didnt mention how this happened , so i dunno :s-smilie:

It was a 2 marker, she's probably got at least 1 because it didn't say that in the question!
Reply 1399
Original post by otrivine

I think for yeast it is ethanal, ethanal, products ethanol, NAD and CO2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending