The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Underage at Freshers week '12 in Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I don't know if anyone still uses this page anymore, but I won't be 18 till December and I'm worried about it too! I'm also not staying in halls, I'm renting a flat, so I doubt I'll be invited to any kitchen parties. Looks like I'll have to wait till December to make friends! haha
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by JessRodda
I don't know if anyone still uses this page anymore, but I won't be 18 till December and I'm worried about it too! I'm also not staying in halls, I'm renting a flat, so I doubt I'll be invited to any kitchen parties. Looks like I'll have to wait till December to make friends! haha

I'm 18 in November- and I wouldn't think it would matter if you're renting a flat. I know that if I was out at the Union and met someone/had a laugh with them I'd invite them to kitchen parties/invite them along :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
It shouldn't be too bad...
I will turn 18 in January so I was wondering the exact same thing. I'd rather not miss out but from what I have heard they're quite lenient in terms of serving you during freshers. It's not stopped me drinking and going out before so i don't suppose it will stop me now haha

Reply 44
Original post by RosalindWildman
I'm not 18 until January, I'm the youngest in my year at school, and it's rubbish :frown: I look really old for my age though, because I'm tall, so I'm hoping I won't have too much trouble if I can get ID.

If not, an underage halls party sounds great! haha :smile:

yeah my thoughts exactly!
Reply 45

I still check it!
I'm glad theres laods of under 18s haha!
Will probs meet you all in the union!
Reply 46
there should be an underage drinkers society aha....
Original post by LynneM

Someone on my course says there is a lot of Underagers in Linksfield (I think that's what the accommodations called) but I'm in Woolmanhill where I've not heard of many people. Still every underager seems game for flat/kitchen parties :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by BritainPersonified
Someone on my course says there is a lot of Underagers in Linksfield (I think that's what the accommodations called) but I'm in Woolmanhill where I've not heard of many people. Still every underager seems game for flat/kitchen parties :biggrin:

yeah I'm woolmahill too, and all my flat mates are 18:/
Original post by LynneM
yeah I'm woolmahill too, and all my flat mates are 18:/

So far, that's the same story with me. I do have 3 other flat mates to find but the ones I know of are 18 :smile:

Reply 50
I'm staying in a flat on Jamaica Street so if you're feeling left out while everyone's out at clubs.. party at my place? hahaa :smile:
I'm staying in a flat on Jamaica Street so if you're feeling left out while everyone's out at clubs.. party at my place? hahaa :smile:

Renting a flat in first year? O.o
Reply 52
Original post by LynneM

I would join that in a flash...
At least we can still go to the union things, just not drink, so we won't be left out completely :L
Original post by Espresso
I would join that in a flash...
At least we can still go to the union things, just not drink, so we won't be left out completely :L

Of what I've heard, they never check ID at the Union Bar, so it's supposed to be a popular place for underage people to hang out.

Apparently Jamaica Street is a 15 minute walk from Woolmanhill- that's not too bad :P

Reply 55
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Renting a flat in first year? O.o

Yeah I couldn't get halls! Definitely wouldn't recommend it but I guess I'll have to make do! hoping my social life won't suffer :frown:
Reply 56
Original post by Christofferz
Of what I've heard, they never check ID at the Union Bar, so it's supposed to be a popular place for underage people to hang out.

If you're there after 5 they will ID you (more likely at the door and stamp you)
Original post by Flapadar
If you're there after 5 they will ID you (more likely at the door and stamp you)

Look at that... Alright, so I withdraw my suggestion! hehe
Reply 58
Original post by Christofferz

That's what I'd heard, but I'm not sure I'd want to risk it haha

Original post by Flapadar

Can you still go in though? I don't mind not drinking as long as I can actually be there :L

Reply 59
Original post by Espresso
That's what I'd heard, but I'm not sure I'd want to risk it haha

Can you still go in though? I don't mind not drinking as long as I can actually be there :L

Yeah, you can go through (you just won't have the stamp that declare you're of age).

Don't get caught with a drink, it's not nice getting chucked out. Speaking from experience :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending