The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2023/24 Term start date

I received an offer from LSE to study BA Anthropology and Law, and on UCAS it said that the start date is the 1st September 2023, so I've been acting with that knowledge in mind. However, I became a bit nervous when I was searching for accommodations and many of the move-in dates are mid/late September. So obviously, I searched the LSE website for the term dates and it said they start on the 25th September. Did UCAS make a mistake and it is actually the 25th, or does the Anthropology and Law course just start early? I am planning to call LSE tomorrow but I wanted to see if somebody here could help me first. Thank you! :smile:
Saying 1st of September on UCAS is just generic and not actually the start date (says the same for my offer too). I think the actual start date is the one on the Lse website, and maybe freshers events will start the week before that
Original post by GHM_T07
I received an offer from LSE to study BA Anthropology and Law, and on UCAS it said that the start date is the 1st September 2023, so I've been acting with that knowledge in mind. However, I became a bit nervous when I was searching for accommodations and many of the move-in dates are mid/late September. So obviously, I searched the LSE website for the term dates and it said they start on the 25th September. Did UCAS make a mistake and it is actually the 25th, or does the Anthropology and Law course just start early? I am planning to call LSE tomorrow but I wanted to see if somebody here could help me first. Thank you! :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Oh really, thank you so much because I was so confused!
Original post by amberlily051
Saying 1st of September on UCAS is just generic and not actually the start date (says the same for my offer too). I think the actual start date is the one on the Lse website, and maybe freshers events will start the week before that
Reply 3
Original post by GHM_T07

Write these dates down, as they are important!!! :smile:

2023/24

Autumn Term
Monday 25 September Friday 8 December 2023
Reading week: Monday 30 October Friday 3 November 2023

Winter break
Monday 11 December 2023 - Friday 12 January 2024

January exams
Monday 8 Friday 12 January 2024

Winter Term
Monday 15 January Thursday 28 March 2024 (due to Good Friday on 29 March)
Reading week: Monday 19 February Friday 23 February 2024

Spring break
Friday 29 March - Friday 26 April 2024

Spring Term
Monday 29 April Friday 14 June 2024
Reply 4
Thank you so much!!!

Original post by thegeek888
Write these dates down, as they are important!!! :smile:

2023/24

Autumn Term
Monday 25 September Friday 8 December 2023
Reading week: Monday 30 October Friday 3 November 2023

Winter break
Monday 11 December 2023 - Friday 12 January 2024

January exams
Monday 8 Friday 12 January 2024

Winter Term
Monday 15 January Thursday 28 March 2024 (due to Good Friday on 29 March)
Reading week: Monday 19 February Friday 23 February 2024

Spring break
Friday 29 March - Friday 26 April 2024

Spring Term
Monday 29 April Friday 14 June 2024
Any news on results of UG , Economics course @ LSE
Original post by GHM_T07

Congratulations!! I'm considering applying for BA Anthropology and Law too, but I can't find any other universities with the same course. Which other unis/courses did you apply to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending