The Student Room Group

OCR B F335 - Chemistry by Design - 13th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2030440

never made one before, if its rubbish someone else please make one
Reply 781
Original post by swimming002
what did everyone say about very last question and solubility?

Entropy decreases is what I explained, but I stated the entropy increased :facepalm:
Original post by hash007
I got 73 % for that

I got 73% as well!
Reply 783
Original post by Beffnaay
I got like ZnCl.h3O+, I had NO idea haha

Yeh I got ZnClO H3O+ or something
Reply 784
I thought that was horrendous. I needed a C on that paper. I don't think I got it.
Most people in my school found it equally as horrible, apart from one or two... :frown:
Original post by sunshinesmile10
no, because all the benzenes come from the benzene part.... i put trichloromethane. but i put the formula not the name

Could you explain which question this is? Panicking I don't recognise it at all...
Why is NO2 advantageous?
I think i got 73% or something for the theoretical, i am going to look at the paper when my teacher gets it so i can work it out again. Did anyone else get a ring structure for the acid anhydride? The first page had a few bits that stumped me but i think i have managed to fluke the concentration of nitrogen.
Reply 788
What did people draw as the compound Y, where it was reacting with CN. Nucleophillic sub, kinda confused me, why do large ions have lower melting point? Advantages/disadvantages of NO2, then Nitric + Sulphuric acid question was hard too!
what did everyone get for the question that said two of a particular molecule react forming compound X? So it made an ester... but i swear the formula had 1 too little hydrogens in it? :frown:
Original post by hash007
What did people draw as the compound Y, where it was reacting with CN. Nucleophillic sub, kinda confused me, why do large ions have lower melting point? Advantages/disadvantages of NO2, then Nitric + Sulphuric acid question was hard too!

the same molecule as the 3rd one but replaced the COOH group with a CN?
Well there's always prostitution... :wink:
Reply 792
I got 75%, because you had to work out the moles for each and then divided the actual by the theoretical? I thought :frown:
Original post by hash007

It was nucleophillic addition I think H3CCOHCNH or something?
Reply 794
Original post by hash007

Compound Y. Erm... CH2OHCN?

Large ions have a larger radius, takes up more space so not as compact, generally weaker intermolecular bonds.
Reply 795
Original post by katiecornish
what did everyone get for the question that said two of a particular molecule react forming compound X? So it made an ester... but i swear the formula had 1 too little hydrogens in it? :frown:

Oh yeah, god knows what the answer for that was. I got an ester but yeah the formula threw me.
Reply 796
that was beyond a joke!
I got 73%
it was something like 9/12.1 ... x 100
Reply 798
Original post by katiecornish

I think it was a di-ester with a C=C double bond in the middle...
I just tried to type it but it didn't come out very well haha.
Original post by Iepnauy
Compound Y. Erm... CH2OHCN?

Large ions have a larger radius, takes up more space so not as compact, generally weaker intermolecular bonds.

I thought it said a small ion with a large charge?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending