The Student Room Group

Edexcel Psychology Unit 4

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by SMaddison93
The evaluation question asked you to evaluate the explanation of anorexia you used initially, using research. It also asked to include a comparison in your evaluation.

You've got good memory. Yes so i used a study to give support as evaluation point for the explanation and compared learning explanation w my first explanation.

Well, you dont need a high grade so you can relax. I need an overall A grade and so worried about the potentially high grade boundary and if i can maximise marks for each question

By the way, what did you put for the question on practical issue. Thats 6 marks right? And the other experiment on observation? Another6 marks?
Reply 281
The evaluation question asked you to evaluate the explanation of anorexia you used initially, using research. It also asked to include a comparison in your evaluation.

Sorry , i saw your reply to the practical issue. I am not sure of my answer to this as well. Trying to estimate marks for each question but cant remember all
Reply 282

Btw- do you remember the marks?
Abnormality 12
Anorexia explanati and eval. 8
Therapy-token economies- descr and eval 12?
Goldstein - desc and eval. 9?
Pratical - outcome. 2 or 3?
Secondary data. 6?
Hmmm... Dont seem to add up
Reply 283
Original post by Pauly
Abnormality 12
Secondary data. 6?

There was only one 12 marker so I think the token economy one might have been 8
Reply 284
Original post by Pauly
Abnormality 12
Secondary data. 6?

Here are the ones I answered... I *think* this is correct.

CLINICAL

Alternative study to Schizophrenia (i.e. Not Rosenhan)
/8
Practical Leaflet
/9
Token Economy (or alternative) example
/9
Unipolar Depression (or alternative illness)
/7
Definitions of Abnormality
/12

TOTAL = 45

ISSUES AND DEBATES

A scientific aspect of a study
/2
Psychodynamic Questions (one was about it not being a science)
/10
Article on nature-nurture
/5
Evaluating and planning a study
/10
The ethical issues within studies (or alternative)
/18

TOTAL = /45
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 285
Original post by gemmalf
There was only one 12 marker so I think the token economy one might have been 8

Great that will add to 45. How abt issues and debate?
Ethics. 18
Observation. 6
Pratical issues 5?
Article on natur / nurture 6
Science part how many marks?

Something else is missing. ... I think.. Dont seem to add up
Reply 286
Anyone have any details on the questions on sciences.? There was a 2 marker and the rest? Trying to get an approximate raw grade overall
Reply 287
Original post by Pauly
Anyone have any details on the questions on sciences.? There was a 2 marker and the rest? Trying to get an approximate raw grade overall

I listed the basic raw mark scheme right above your post. :smile: The only one I can't remember is the one after 'Why the Psychodynamic Approach isn't scientific' or something along those lines.
Original post by Issy123
I seem to be the only one who did the other 18 marker and not the ethics one :colondollar:

i did B too. I wrote about Agency theory, and the fact that Milgram and Hofling back it up, but there are other studies that say there must be some sort of in between stage, the i did Eye Witness testimony, and i worte about how reconstructive memory means its not reliable anymore, and trials based on EWT are a major problem in society. i found it way easier...
Reply 289
Original post by Jackso
Here are the ones I answered... I *think* this is correct.

CLINICAL

Alternative study to Schizophrenia (i.e. Not Rosenhan)
/8
Practical Leaflet
/9
Token Economy (or alternative) example
/9
Unipolar Depression (or alternative illness)
/7
Definitions of Abnormality
/12

TOTAL = 45

ISSUES AND DEBATES

A scientific aspect of a study
/2
Psychodynamic Questions (one was about it not being a science)
/10
Article on nature-nurture
/5
Evaluating and planning a study
/10
The ethical issues within studies (or alternative)
/18

TOTAL = /45

what was the article on human nature??
Original post by kingshan16
Crap you had to write it as a article? I just wrote it in general?

yeah, it was meant to be written in the form of an article.
Reply 291
Original post by NicoleCanFlyy
i did B too. I wrote about Agency theory, and the fact that Milgram and Hofling back it up, but there are other studies that say there must be some sort of in between stage, the i did Eye Witness testimony, and i worte about how reconstructive memory means its not reliable anymore, and trials based on EWT are a major problem in society. i found it way easier...

Phew! I wrote about Agency theory, Social Learning theory, EWT and gave a real life example of someone being wrongfully convicted and like a line one the biological approach :colondollar: i can't even remember what examples,if any, that i put now :colondollar:
Original post by Issy123
Phew! I wrote about Agency theory, Social Learning theory, EWT and gave a real life example of someone being wrongfully convicted and like a line one the biological approach :colondollar: i can't even remember what examples,if any, that i put now :colondollar:

i dont remember anything anymore. ohwell. i guess we'll see on the 16th August...
Good luck guyys!!! (:
Does anyone have or know where there is a .pdf of the exam?
Reply 294
Exam papers went up on Edexcel yesterday.
Mark schemes come out 17th July...
If anyone has an edexcel account they can access them (my old teacher used to let me log on through his but the passwords have now all been reset so I can no longer access it) :frown:
Reply 295
Grade Boundaries

A* - 64
A - 58
B - 52
C - 46
D - 40
E - 35

Pretty much identical to last years - just one point higher.
I got a 88/120 UMS for this unit.

But missed out by 4 ums overall for a B. My luck just lol.
Thank you everyone in this thread for their support! I got 120/120 in this exam :eek: :confused: So if anyone's been a bit unlucky this year/ reading this thread next year, PM and I'll be happy to help!
Reply 298
Passed this exam with flying colours, 110/120... And I was honestly expecting a D in it.
I retook the entire Alevel which definitely helped for future psychologists out there!
Hard paper but if you know your stuff you'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 299
I got a C in this exam but an A overall so chuffed.
I was predicted an A* but that's more than I needed for Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending