The Student Room Group

AQA CHEM4 - 13th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by lamalas600
Getting off this thread before more answers and mark scheme byeeee

Don't worry, I will PM you when the MS is here :h:
Original post by StraightUpG
Anyone else think these boundries will be high?

I reckon they will be normal ish - like 74/75 for an A

I did every single past paper (that's about 20ish) and this was towards the harder end of things.
Original post by Josh1993
Is only soapinification if it an ester. more specifically triglycerides.

It was a polyester, But I didn't put it anyway, I've deffo got that one wrong

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Doctor.

Won't the person just have the paper? how they getting the MS?!
Reply 1184
Original post by kurdabora
I did everything you did but like a idiot I wrote 4.84 how many marks have I lost.

As long as you showed all your working i would say 5 marks.
Original post by sconter
A will be 79-82
B will be 71-74

i reckon

No way an A will be that high! this was harder than the Jan 2012 and June 11 paper.
Original post by Josh1993
the reason there are two diffrent 4 somethings is some people would have forgotten to take away the base from the acid.

Found the sanwer in my calculator, I got 4.48

If people had forgotten to take the base away they would have got 4.20.
I think ppl may have just misread the answer at least in my case that's the reason i got 4.84.

Reply 1187
Original post by skylight17
No way an A will be that high! this was harder than the Jan 2012 and June 11 paper.

Agreed with that, quite a few people simply gave up on the paper - I think it will be pretty low :smile:

im trying to be as negative as possible, so i wont be over expecting :smile:
I Think it wil be:
80 for an A
88 for an A*

not really sure becuz people are saying its the easiest/hardest paper they have done so cant reallllly tell
Original post by Doctor.
You were supposed to mention the polar bonds in the explanation. Also the pretty much exact question is in a past ISA paper.

Crap, I went on about the extra positive inductive effect :frown:
Do you knw which ISA paper?
Reply 1191
Original post by Saphire_93
Crap, I went on about the extra positive inductive effect :frown:
Do you knw which ISA paper?

Not too sure sorry, I did a TON of papers but it must have been one of the A2 ISA
Original post by Doctor.

Haha your such a nice guy! :biggrin:
Original post by StraightUpG
I Think it wil be:
80 for an A
88 for an A*

not really sure becuz people are saying its the easiest/hardest paper they have done so cant reallllly tell

Bearing in mind Jan 2012 was 79% (this was a straight forward paper) - it will me low to mid 70s (74-76).
Reply 1194
I think ppl may have just misread the answer at least in my case that's the reason i got 4.84.

Thats just unlucky, how different it is when you in the exam room and you make stupid mistakes that cost you marks. Personally I dont think examinations are very good indication of the candidates potential. Too many things can go wrong on the day.Saying that I cant see any other way.
(edited 11 years ago)
I bet I made loads of stupid mistakes and kissed away any chance I have of getting into uni :frown: guess i'll just anticipate the mark scheme and decide how to spend my summer .. planning a gap year or pre-reading ..
The 8 mark question about identifying compounds. Did you have to name of reagent used or is it ok to put down the formular instead? I also left out conditions and saying in aqueous/ethanol. Will i get the marks?
Bearing in mind Jan 2012 was 79% (this was a straight forward paper) - it will me low to mid 70s (74-76).

i thought that this paper was easier than january at the time i did it :tongue: oh well no point speculating we'l find out when the time comes
Reply 1198
Original post by studentofskhs
The 8 mark question about identifying compounds. Did you have to name of reagent used or is it ok to put down the formular instead? I also left out conditions and saying in aqueous/ethanol. Will i get the marks?

Formula is Ok as long as it is correct.

I swear when working out PH of buffer solutions you don't work out the excess moles...

See pic from notes :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending