The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheUnbeliever
Actually, I'd say it was basically the three most loathsome years of my life with a few notable exceptions which were entirely unrelated to university. Have done a great deal of growing up, not that I was entirely childish beforehand. :p: I'm not sure I deserve congratulations, but thanks! Best of luck. :smile:

Aww :frown: That's sad.

Anyone who survives uni deserves congratulations :biggrin: Thanks. I think I will feel similarly jaded a year from now :tongue:
Reply 81
I felt weird on the last day. I expected to be excited/happy/tearful etc but felt nothing. I don't think it will really hit me until June when all exams and prom are over then that's it. Nothing left of high school. :eek:
I have an exam at 9 and the late shift tomorrow. No doubt tonight is when my insomnia returns.
Original post by Leannarama
I felt weird on the last day. I expected to be excited/happy/tearful etc but felt nothing. I don't think it will really hit me until June when all exams and prom are over then that's it. Nothing left of high school. :eek:

Absolutely dreading prom. I just want to jump 6 weeks into the future and prom to be over.
Reply 84
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Absolutely dreading prom. I just want to jump 6 weeks into the future and prom to be over.

If you're dreading it then why are you going? :tongue:

The day I left secondary school was the best day of my life.
Original post by Quintro
If you're dreading it then why are you going? :tongue:

I dunno really. I just signed up cos its expected.
Reply 87

It was kind of expected in our school too, people get pressured into going. But if you really don't want to do something then definitely don't bother doing it just because it's expected of you.

I'd rather stay at home and eat pizza or something :colone:
Reply 88

I'm not going to my prom. I said goodbye to everyone on the last day, and the people I actually care about I'm going to see over the summer. I dislike a large amount of people in my year anyway, and looking for a dress is just too much hassle.
Reply 89
had our last day today..

felt nothing about it tbh, if anything Im glad to be leaving ..

Muck up day was a disaster..We were thrown out of the school only 40 mins in :|

A short last day at that.

Can't wait for 6th year holiday (Magaluf) as well as prom :smile:
Dean

Not one person shed a tear in our year.

Previous years cried buckets. We were elated.
Reply 91
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Not one person shed a tear in our year.

Previous years cried buckets. We were elated.

As were we. A few people were looking a bit tearful, but aside from that I think most of our year was relieved that it was over.

I put on a bit of a sombre face like the rest, but inside I was ecstatic, and probably not the only one.

What pissed me off a little were the appearance of about 3 facebook statuses that week along the lines of 'just hit me that tomorrow is our last full day actually about to start greetin man' from people who had mooched about looking tired and miserable the whole year, moaning about anything and everything.
Original post by Sniggey
As were we. A few people were looking a bit tearful, but aside from that I think most of our year was relieved that it was over.

I put on a bit of a sombre face like the rest, but inside I was ecstatic, and probably not the only one.

What pissed me off a little were the appearance of about 3 facebook statuses that week along the lines of 'just hit me that tomorrow is our last full day actually about to start greetin man' from people who had mooched about looking tired and miserable the whole year, moaning about anything and everything.

We didn't hide our joy :colone:
I've been invited on a night out and I've lost my provisional.

My passport has expired.

FML. :frown:
Reply 94
Original post by badumdumtscht
I've been invited on a night out and I've lost my provisional.

My passport has expired.

FML. :frown:

Is the night out in Belgium? :tongue: Wouldn't think the passport needs to be in date for ID.
I don't get this joke but maybe y'all will:

A mathematician finishes a large meal and says: √(-1/64).
Reply 96
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
I don't get this joke but maybe y'all will:

A mathematician finishes a large meal and says: √(-1/64).

Pretty bad but I did smirk.
Someone explain please?

In a spoiler.
Someone explain please?

Spoiler

Original post by TheUnbeliever

Spoiler

:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending