The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212 (Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health)- 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Original post by otrivine
i know gutted! no and yes i am doing A2 as well

I felt the same with my practical for biology. I was 1 mark away from an A. anyway do your best you better remark your biology paper. I think you will get an A. but before remarking just ask your teacher to give you the data for where you lost the mark. when you think u should deserve mark for that question ask for remarking.:smile:
4 UMS away from an B overall- worth a remark, only 2 away on the paper, is there a good chance of it increasing? :/
Pretty happy, I got 129/150 :biggrin:
Guys, i got a's in unit 1 and unit 2 but a b in the practical coursework so i want to make sure i got an A overall for AS. Whats the overall grade boundary for AS? not just for the seperate modules?
Reply 5984
240 ums
Reply 5985
Original post by Axion
240 ums

just an A, well done. People were complaining about this exam though
Reply 5986
Original post by Dan12
just an A, well done. People were complaining about this exam though

Lol woops that was the reply to the question above. I got 274 :smile:
Reply 5987
Original post by Axion
Lol woops that was the reply to the question above. I got 274 :smile:

oh I see
Reply 5988
Original post by Harriet : )
4 UMS away from an B overall- worth a remark, only 2 away on the paper, is there a good chance of it increasing? :/

Its certainly worth it.
Original post by windo
Its certainly worth it.

If I never try I'll never know! :smile:
Original post by AS01
thanks and congrats to you too! how did u do in practical?

I completely flunked the practical due to illness and inability to do them, and got a D, but somehow still got a high A overall! So happy, and Bristol here I come! Hope you got where and what you wanted! x
Reply 5991
I was 2 UMS off an A :frown:
Reply 5992
Original post by 22DubDub
I completely flunked the practical due to illness and inability to do them, and got a D, but somehow still got a high A overall! So happy, and Bristol here I come! Hope you got where and what you wanted! x

I was 1 mark away from an A :mad:
what are you applying for? I think my choices are still intact :smile:
Original post by Axion
240 ums

Where did you find this? Ie, I want to know A,B,C,D,E? :smile:
Original post by ColourDog
Where did you find this? Ie, I want to know A,B,C,D,E? :smile:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/administration/results/results_stats/
Click specification UMS and scroll to find biology :smile:
I did really bad in this exam, a D with 85/150 :s
Idk where I went wrong and I'm gonna request a photocopy of my paper and resit in Jan.
It pulled my B (got 107/150 adding coursework and F211 together) down to a mid C (192/300).
Original post by Harriet : )
http://www.ocr.org.uk/administration/results/results_stats/
Click specification UMS and scroll to find biology :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Got 223 UMS overall, a B, think there's a strong chance I could make this an A next year?
Just wanted to know if anyone else found this paper a total surprise ? I revised like mad for it and still managed to oly get 111/150 ? I understand that it isnt a bad mark but i really wasnt expecting anything below like 130 :s ? Should i request my paper back and also , whats peoples experiences like with remarks on Biology papers ? Have they gone up/down whatever ? Any help would be really appreciated :biggrin:
Original post by Alphaxtroop
Just wanted to know if anyone else found this paper a total surprise ? I revised like mad for it and still managed to oly get 111/150 ? I understand that it isnt a bad mark but i really wasnt expecting anything below like 130 :s ? Should i request my paper back and also , whats peoples experiences like with remarks on Biology papers ? Have they gone up/down whatever ? Any help would be really appreciated :biggrin:

The paper was horrific! I only managed 103- 2 UMS off a B so I've submitted a request for a remark hoping that it'll drag my overall grade up to a B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending