Original post by Sarabande
Lack of education
Cultural resistance to sexual protection
Lack of medical personnel
Higher amount of drug users

Nice.
Reply 981
Original post by petitmuffin
I can't wrap my head around that concept! do you think there's a good chance it'll show up?

ok will try to explain again better to know everything and go coz during exm what happens is the thing that you don't prepare for will come up.:biggrin:
all of the craps called coenzyme, inorganic ions or prosthetic group come under cofactor. U can say they r types of cofactor.

this coenzyme is like a substrate it can bind to one of the enzyme as it has similar shape to that of substrate.
so while forming enzyme-substrate complex it brings an ion or anything that can help the enzyme to carry out its fxn well.
Basically its just like helping enzyme more to perform its function well.

hope this helped
Original post by Amz1217
Alright peeps, say I put down some stats of the percentage of the population with HIV around the world:

Africa: 15-35%
North America: 1%
Europe: 1%
South America: 1%
Asia: 1%
Australasia: 1%

Suggest reasons why the percentage of people in Africa with HIV is so high? [4]

Poor education, lack of education results in people not knowing how HIV/AIDS is spread and therefore do not know how to protect themselves.
In terms of culture, breast feeding is much more common in Africa, since one of the ways HIV is spread is via breast feeding, this increases the amount of HIV.
Poor/corrupt government, the government does provide enough information on how to prevent the spread of HIV.
Poverty, extreme poverty in Africa means that prostitution is much more common and so is the use of sharing needles for drugs - these are both ways in which HIV is spread.
Reply 983
Original post by Amz1217
On the right lines although I think 'poor health practises' and 'untrained health professionals' come under one marking point. You could also say it's socially accepted to have sex with multiple partners

ya true.
Original post by AS01
ya true.

Yo you didn't check my thing on CHD prevention
Original post by AS01
ok will try to explain again better to know everything and go coz during exm what happens is the thing that you don't prepare for will come up.:biggrin:
all of the craps called coenzyme, inorganic ions or prosthetic group come under cofactor. U can say they r types of cofactor.

this coenzyme is like a substrate it can bind to one of the enzyme as it has similar shape to that of substrate.
so while forming enzyme-substrate complex it brings an ion or anything that can help the enzyme to carry out its fxn well.
Basically its just like helping enzyme more to perform its function well.

hope this helped

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 986
Original post by petitmuffin
Thank you! :smile:

its okay
Reply 987
Original post by Future_Dr
Yo you didn't check my thing on CHD prevention

oops sorry will do it.
Reply 988
First of all the promote that smoking has highly negative impacts. They should also promote diet low in saturated fat. Also excersing. A diet loow in salt should also make difference. People should be more relaxed and prevent hypertension. Is that enough?:s-smilie:

umm promoting about smoking and diet gives you two marks
u can say encourage people to take aerobic exercise. screening people at risk.
Reply 989
What?! They sound stupidly similar though. that's whats confusing me. What do you mean by quadrat area?

quadrant are is the total area of a quadrat as quadrat is kind of square or rectangle you can find area
Explain the importance of species evenness in determining the biodiversity in a biodiversity (3)
Reply 991
What?! They sound stupidly similar though. that's whats confusing me. What do you mean by quadrat area?

In this case its how much of the total area of the quadrat does that species occupy.
Original post by Amz1217
Extremely unlikely, I've not seen a question that is more than 3/4 marks for the Biodiversity section of Unit 2 as a whole and I don't think OCR will pull one on us, lol

Thanks, you've reassured me a little!
Reply 993
Original post by Harriet : )
Explain the importance of species evenness in determining the biodiversity in a biodiversity (3)

its more quantitative than species richness
more species evenness means more number of species present so more diverse and is stable
less species evenness means dominated by one species so less diverse so not much stable
also helps to calculate Simpson't Index
Original post by AS01
its more quantitative than species richness
more species evenness means more number of species present so more diverse and is stable
less species evenness means dominated by one species so less diverse so not much stable
also helps to calculate Simpson't Index

Yep-well done :smile: Can you ask me one now, can be on anything!
Reply 995
Original post by Harriet : )
Yep-well done :smile: Can you ask me one now, can be on anything!

ok
what all thing affect the prevalence of CHD?
I reckon a big question will come up on advantage and disadvantages of in-situ/ex-situ ? (8) marks,
Reply 997
Original post by CosmicVengeance
I reckon a big question will come up on advantage and disadvantages of in-situ/ex-situ ? (8) marks,

that would be much more better than having long question on how resistant bacteria are produce or something.
What does the simpson's index tell us about the species richness? Is high species richness good or bad?
Original post by AS01
that would be much more better than having long question on how resistant bacteria are produce or something.

Are you kidding i would find that easier, random mutations, new strains, selection pressure, resistent survive, over many generations that sort of stuff :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending