The Student Room Group

Can you judge someone based on their music taste?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dux_Helvetica
Of course you can. Haven't you heard? Metalheads are violent and want to kill people, people who like rap also want to kill people (via drive-by shooting in a pimped-out car), people who like classical music are stuck-up gits and people who like house music are retarded. :wink:

That makes me a violent, retarded stuck up git who wants to kill people "via drive-by shooting in a pimped-out car"
Dysphoria thrives when such dreams can only be pursued in the imagination :daydreaming:
My ICT teacher said that people on different incomes liked different music,when talking about target audience.So music taste may be enough to work out certain characteristics but I don't believe in it anyway it would be just like reading the front cover of a book,you wouldn't really get to understand the person enough to make an accurate judgement.
Original post by snowyowl

:five:! I've never seen why Radiohead are so popular on here, I think they're quite boring.

If you like AC/DC then you're bound to like Airbourne (a current band)!

Airbourne are essentially AC/DC Light :lol:
But yeah, they're alright.

General rule of thumb is that if they're played on Planet Rock, then they're alright. I don't really keep up with most current music myself (I get metal and shoegaze recommendations from other people, and punk recommendations from my dad [or rather, I borrow his CD's from the office and put them on my laptop without him noticing :h: ] ).
Last time I looked for any music off my own back was probably 2010/2011 on New Years Eve, and I found a load of goregrind bands I'd never heard of before and went on a downloading spree (I know how to live on NYE :awesome: ).
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbeeeee k pop bts and my bias is jin oppa we are in a long distance relationship 💜💜💜💜💜💜😭
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbeeeee k pop bts and my bias is jin oppa we are in a long distance relationship 💜💜💜💜💜💜*
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbeeeee k pop bts and my bias is jin oppa we are in a long distance relationship 💜💜💜💜💜💜*
I don't date Swifties
Another thread dugged up from 6 years ago?!
I think in a general sense the idea of finding similarities with someone or bonding through music is dead on. It’s not meant to be taken literally, saying that you will solely base a person off of that. You can tell a lot about a person by hearing their music choices which is interesting. If anything, having a variety of tastes would be what I would appreciate, and if not that, at least being open-minded to other music so that I’m introduced to new music, genres, and songs that I could end up liking.
Thank youPC have taken balls off of men. .....
well, you can, there isn't technically anything preventing you from doing it, but it would also be... pretty rude.
Damn straight..... how open minded a person is....if there self righteous *******s or not.......just 2 exampless top of head......&very cultural& personal , at least where um from ...I'm from u.s...... and worshipper of jimmy page

And I don't trust no one ....that doesnt like him or zeppelin ( who are sooooo OOOOOO much more than just a classic rock band)
For me, one's music taste says so much about the person.
For me, yes. I believe that a person's music taste says a lot about him/her.
For me, yes. I believe that a person's music taste says a lot about him/her. But there are instances where you like the artist but not their music hahaha
Nah cause my music taste varies so much
From melanie martinez to Eminem to bastille
I basically love every genre of music and it changes completely depending on my mood.
(The only music I don’t like is K-pop)
Original post by Super Mario 64
To some, this may sound real stupid but to others, it may make sense, but we're all bound to think differently.

Do you think you can judge some purely based upon the music they listen to?

How accurately you can judge someone is a different topic, but even so, how well do you think you would be able to tell a person just based upon music?

All thoughts are appreciated :smile:

i certainly judge people based on their music tastes.if they like k-pop or rap i know they're an uncultured idiot to listen to that crap.
absolutely! if someone i know likes k-pop or rap then i don't like them.only uncultured people listen to that crap.

Quick Reply

Latest