The Student Room Group

I'm chubby should I even bother asking this girl out?

I like this girl from work, we have similar sense of humour and similar interests, we vibe well I think but I believe she won't like me cuz I'm a chubby guy and I knew her ex who was shredded.

So do I even bother asking her out? I'd lose the weight first but it's gonna take me at least 6 months to do it properly and not crash diet. And isn't it pathetic to do that for a girl? like what if she finds someone else?
Original post by Anonymous
I like this girl from work, we have similar sense of humour and similar interests, we vibe well I think but I believe she won't like me cuz I'm a chubby guy and I knew her ex who was shredded.

So do I even bother asking her out? I'd lose the weight first but it's gonna take me at least 6 months to do it properly and not crash diet. And isn't it pathetic to do that for a girl? like what if she finds someone else?

Mate go for it I encourage you to do so, it’s brave of you to even ask her out, if anything the girl would be considering the type of person that you are from a personality perspective and the heart you inherit if you can pass and show that message across there’s no reason to why this can’t escalate further. A book isn’t judged by a cover and a person shouldn’t be judged to how they physically look it’s all about the heart and personality inherited of that person.
Reply 2
Being shredded didn't help the other guy, did it? He's her ex...

If you have similar things in common and share the same sense of humour, then definitely! She will like you for you. And if she doesn’t, that’s her problem. When you truly like someone, weight does not matter. Please, try not to compare yourself to her ex. I’m sure she dated him for his personality, and wouldn’t mind so much about his body. Take the chance, and don’t assume it’s due to your weight unless she says so, as she may have said no if you were shredded too! Good luck if you do ask her :smile:
Reply 4
Girls generally tend to like guys for more than their physical appearance but even if you aren't "shredded" - you could have kind eyes, nice hair and a good fashion sense.

If you want to lose weight do it for yourself and not for a girl.

If you want to date her - flirt with her and see what happens
Reply 5
Original post by Mohammed_80
Mate go for it I encourage you to do so, it’s brave of you to even ask her out, if anything the girl would be considering the type of person that you are from a personality perspective and the heart you inherit if you can pass and show that message across there’s no reason to why this can’t escalate further. A book isn’t judged by a cover and a person shouldn’t be judged to how they physically look it’s all about the heart and personality inherited of that person.

Bro, I wish I could give you a hug (no homo) for saying this. I too used to believe it but I overheard two girls sayin that I am ugly (they didn't put it that way but it's hurtful to repeat the exact words) even though I considered one of them to be my friend.
Reply 6
Original post by AF2Dr
I wouldn't let being "chubby" put you off, but I would only ask her out if you think there's a reasonable chance of success. Has she shown interest in you?

No she has not.
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
Being shredded didn't help the other guy, did it? He's her ex...

He cheated on her so ofc he is. I'm just trying to decipher her "taste" in guys based on what I know.
Bro, I wish I could give you a hug (no homo) for saying this. I too used to believe it but I overheard two girls sayin that I am ugly (they didn't put it that way but it's hurtful to repeat the exact words) even though I considered one of them to be my friend.

Bro it all depends on the type of girl man no offence there’s girls out there to avoid and there’s girls that’ll appreciate you for your small gestures, the affection and attention you put towards them with care and will reciprocate towards you just as much as you do to them
Reply 9
He cheated on her so ofc he is. I'm just trying to decipher her "taste" in guys based on what I know.

So body shape and size is no indicator of personality!
Original post by Anonymous #1
it doesn't matter if your chubby you can still ask her out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending