The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

why is homophobia still acceptable?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by 2ndClass
You fit the mould like the rest of them, and you know the rest of your friends do too.

I actually don't know any other lesbians personally apart from two of my sports teachers, so I don't have a big posse of lesbians.

I highly doubt you're attractive.

N'aww, aren't you sweet...

It was actually the biggest disappointment when I realised just how progressively unattractive Lesbian chicks are, comforting in a way too, I'm not "missing out" in any way to be honest. Your whole subculture is essentially a butterfly net for the rest of the fuglies.

- Just because you don't find someone attractive, doesn't mean nobody else does.
-There are a more straight girls than gay girls, so even if you found lesbians the most attractive things ever, you would still have plenty of straight women to choose from
- Yes, because straight men and women are all so attractive aren't they.

I think the problem with bisexuals is that no single partner can fulfil their needs. They're constantly torn between their attraction to both sexes, I personally don't want to deal with that in a marriage.

You are incredibly ignorant about the entire LGBTQ community. Bisexual =/= obsessed with sex. You could say the same about anyone, no single partner can fulfill their needs, regardless of sexuality...why do you think people (heterosexual, homosexual and bisexual) cheat?

Also, bisexuality does not mean automatically being equally attracted to both sexes, some bisexuals are more attracted to men than women, and some are more attracted to women than men.

Obviously, a lot of marriages end in divorce/separation, sometimes because one/both have cheated, but just because a girl is bisexual, doesn't mean she'd be more likely to cheat. So you're saying if you met the absolute girl of your dreams, and she was bisexual, you wouldn't marry her? I think not...

Worst explanation ever. Lesbians deride the male form and leave no minute where they don't express their revulsion towards masculinity, then why the F do you dress like men and find that attractive?!?!?!

Not really, I don't really know what you expect me to say. Some lesbians fall into the 'butch' category because that is how they feel comfortable acting/dressing/whatever. However, not all lesbians fall into either the 'butch' category or the 'femme' category, just like not all men can be distinguished as either massive bodybuilders of skinny hipster boys.

Not all lesbians dress, like men - even 'butch' lesbians don't always dress like men, because it can be more their mannerisms and how they act than their clothes. Not all lesbians are attracted to girls who dress like boys (for example, I'm not a massive fan, but that is beside the point).
Reply 381
Original post by RandZul'Zorander
So then why ask mmmpie if it was. it's literally the same thing he just feels he is a homosexual. :confused:

and I really couldn't care less so you don't have to tell me. It won't make me like or dislike you any more or less.

No, I don't think my sexual feelings are a phase. He might be different. Maybe he is one of those people that subconsciously wants to be different and sees homosexuality as a way to be different.

Original post by mmmpie
What scares me is that far more influential people seem to share his views.

They are the people who are trying to protect society, at least imo.
Reply 382
Original post by Oli-Ol
Also, whichever woman has the misfortune to end up with you will be attracted to other men. If she was bisexual it would just mean she was attracted to other men and some women. That does not mean that they can't be just as committed as a straight women. Being monogamous is a choice, irrespective of your sexual identity.

You put that a lot better than me.
You fit the mould like the rest of them, and you know the rest of your friends do too. I highly doubt you're attractive. It was actually the biggest disappointment when I realised just how progressively unattractive Lesbian chicks are, comforting in a way too, I'm not "missing out" in any way to be honest. Your whole subculture is essentially a butterfly net for the rest of the fuglies.

Mould? heh :rolleyes:

I would be willing to bet a lot that if you were lined up with some of my friends who are gay, and someone had to pick the straight one, it wouldn't be you :tongue:
Original post by Jester94

Years of practice, unfortunately :frown:

I rather liked your version though. If we put them together we'd have a pretty decent argument :biggrin:

Psst, you're feeding the troll. It's ok, you can stop :smile:
Original post by alex5455
As in the title, why is homophobia still acceptable? when racism and sexism are rightly unacceptable now (to most) why is homophobia still acceptable?

especially in the backwards hole that is america where organisations exist like the family research council or narth who advocate homosexuals being essentially tortured into being straight and that homosexuality needs "curing"

on a side note DYKWIA STAY OFF THIS THREAD.

i know right, this seriously gets on my nerves !! how is race or gender discrimination any different to sexuality discrimination pffft everyone should have the right to be with who they want and not have **** said to them just for that purpose !! i hate HOMPHOBES :angry:
Reply 387
Original post by DYKWIA

So were the Cavaliers, the Confederate states, the South African National Party and the Partito Fascista.
Reply 388
Original post by mmmpie
So were the Cavaliers, the Confederate states, the South African National Party and the Partito Fascista.

wow, comparing republicans to fascists. way to go. :rolleyes::angry::angry:
Reply 389
I actually don't know any other lesbians personally apart from two of my sports teachers, so I don't have a big posse of lesbians

How did I guess lol, when I was in highschool it was the same

N'aww, aren't you sweet...

Ok I'm being a rude, you're probably stunning Jess so I'm sorry if I offended you.

Also, bisexuality does not mean automatically being equally attracted to both sexes, some bisexuals are more attracted to men than women, and some are more attracted to women than men.

I think this is the root of my insecurity when it comes to dating bisexual girls, you just don't know which one you'd land with. This is why I'd like the "stability" of a straight girl in marriage.

Obviously, a lot of marriages end in divorce/separation, sometimes because one/both have cheated, but just because a girl is bisexual, doesn't mean she'd be more likely to cheat. So you're saying if you met the absolute girl of your dreams, and she was bisexual, you wouldn't marry her? I think not...

When half of someone's attraction belongs to the opposite sex, and that opposite sex provide things you cannot accommodate to, surely then you'd understand why it's makes one a little apprehensive to date bi-girls. It's not that they're more likely to cheat, it's that you could never fulfil them or make that individual whole. It's not their fault of course, but eventually they'll get tired and their eyes will wander for that new excitement, again, an excitement you cannot provide them because it's beyond you.
Reply 390
Original post by DYKWIA

Please leave the contents of your head in your head, and pay attention to what I'm saying.

I was citing other examples of people who believed they were protecting society - what they were protecting it from was justifiable social change.
Reply 391
Original post by ForKicks
Mould? heh :rolleyes:

I would be willing to bet a lot that if you were lined up with some of my friends who are gay, and someone had to pick the straight one, it wouldn't be you :tongue:

You might be onto something. From sixth form, I've had a one gay guy in my sociology class have a crush on me and one reception secretary. Now in uni there are 2 gay guys that act weird when they're around me.. I honestly don't know why, I'm far from the pretty boy type they'd normally like. I particularly felt bad for the the guy in my sociology class though, no one liked to sit with him because he had this diva attitude but he was actually an alright guy after I got to know him. Got a little weird when I caught him staring at me though.....
I don't know, imagine if you have a daughter and she's going through puberty or whatever and all the changes that's happening to her body... I don't think she'd be too comfortable talking to dad about wearing tampons and such.....

I guess you don't have a grandmother, or an auntie, or a female cousin or any female family friends.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 393
How did I guess lol, when I was in highschool it was the same.

Yes, because all sports teachers are lesbians, clearly...

Ok I'm being a rude, you're probably stunning Jess so I'm sorry if I offended you.

Frankly, I don't care. I'm glad you're not being rude anymore (even if you have moved into sarcasm), but I'm never going to meet you and even if I did, it doesn't make a difference whether you find me attractive or not.

I think this is the root of my insecurity when it comes to dating bisexual girls, you just don't know which one you'd land with. This is why I'd like the "stability" of a straight girl in marriage.

Even though a straight girl is just as likely to cheat on you?

When half of someone's attraction belongs to the opposite sex, and that opposite sex provide things you cannot accommodate to, surely then you'd understand why it's makes one a little apprehensive to date bi-girls. It's not that they're more likely to cheat, it's that you could never fulfil them or make that individual whole. It's not their fault of course, but eventually they'll get tired and their eyes will wander for that new excitement, again, an excitement you cannot provide them because it's beyond you.

Like I said before, it is not always en equal split, it could be 60:40 or 30:70 or whatever. Bisexuality =/= ticket to cheating, a straight girl is just as likely to cheat on you, because she will find other men attractive. You might not provide and excitement a straight girl wants, meaning she leaves you for another man. You can't expect bi girls to cheat on you.
Reply 394
Original post by DYKWIA

its true though,but he wasnt he was pointing out your essentially denying change for the better
Reply 395
its true though,but he wasnt he was pointing out your essentially denying change for the better

And I managed to evade Godwin's law :biggrin:
Reply 396
Frankly, I don't care. I'm glad you're not being rude anymore (even if you have moved into sarcasm), but I'm never going to meet you and even if I did, it doesn't make a difference whether you find me attractive or not.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

Even though a straight girl is just as likely to cheat on you?
Like I said before, it is not always en equal split, it could be 60:40 or 30:70 or whatever. Bisexuality =/= ticket to cheating, a straight girl is just as likely to cheat on you, because she will find other men attractive. You might not provide and excitement a straight girl wants, meaning she leaves you for another man. You can't expect bi girls to cheat on you.

Like I said, it's not about the likelihood of cheating. It doesn't matter anyway, you're questioning my sincerity.
Reply 397
Original post by mmmpie
And I managed to evade Godwin's law :biggrin:

:biggrin: you should read what hes writing on randzuls wall, gives me lols
Reply 398
:biggrin: you should read what hes writing on randzuls wall, gives me lols

Gives me chills tbh
Original post by DYKWIA
No, I don't think my sexual feelings are a phase. He might be different. Maybe he is one of those people that subconsciously wants to be different and sees homosexuality as a way to be different.

Thats my point :rolleyes: why would it only be a phase for a homosexual? Logically then heterosexuality could be a phase and you don't go around asking heterosexuals if it is so why ask a homosexual? You are a moron if you think people are homosexual because they want to seem different. :colonhash:

You have yet to explain what they are 'protecting' society from or show that the dangers are even plausible.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending