The Student Room Group

Circumcision

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Agreed to the points that religious authorities should have no power or say over this.

I don't agree it should be outlawed because for some babies it can be a life saving procedure.

For example, if the child has a phimosis, it can sometimes be justifiable to operate.
Reply 41
Original post by Ann Widdecombe
It is barbaric to mutilate a child's genitals like this. Thankfully, it isn't as widespread here in the United Kingdom as it is in the United States of America. The main perpetrators are Moslems.

I agree it is barbaric... but your username is that of a nationally famous promoter of the catholic church... They don't exactly have the best reputation either for dealing with childs genitals... Hypocritical much?
unless it's for medical reasons, I wholly disagree with circumcision. In much the same way I wholly disagree with babies and toddlers having pierced ears. Nobody deserves to have pieces of their body lopped off, or holes punched in them, without their consent.
Original post by Enigma.
I agree it is barbaric... but your username is that of a nationally famous promoter of the catholic church... They don't exactly have the best reputation either for dealing with childs genitals... Hypocritical much?

A cheap shot, and one that proves you're incapable of arguing a point. Genital mutilation is an important tenet of the Moslem faith, child abuse is not part of the Catholic tradition. Nobody in the Catholic church defends child abuse, but Moslems are compelled to defend the barbaric abuse of children's genitals.
Reply 44
It is not ****ing natural, to cut a bit of ur dick skin off. IT is there for a reason. Nature did not put it there because it serves no purpose, and just gets dirty/infected easily. It is there for a reason. People have been brainwashed, into thinking that a circumcised dick "normal/cleaner/safer". Have you ever heard of ****ing soap and water? In the name of "tradition", people will do retarded things. Even if that "tradition" means eating your own **** for good luck, people will do it. If that "eating your own **** for good luck" was a tradition for thousands of years; you can believe that people will think that it is the norm.

blows my mind how in 2012 western society it's still legal to mutilate a child's body without his consent
Reply 45
This is such a moronic argument.

Uncircumcised guys reckon its better to be uncircumcised for a variety of spurious reasons and are glad they weren't.
Circumcised guys reckon its better to be circumcised for a variety of spurious reasons and are glad they were.

No-one will ever really know who's right, so what's the point in arguing?

Meanwhile, I'm going to sue my mum for cutting my toenails when I was 2 without my express written permission.
Reply 46
A cheap shot, and one that proves you're incapable of arguing a point. Genital mutilation is an important tenet of the Moslem faith, child abuse is not part of the Catholic tradition. Nobody in the Catholic church defends child abuse, but Moslems are compelled to defend the barbaric abuse of children's genitals.

First, to believe you have a superior ability to debate and create a rational argument based on several sentences of text is utterly hilarious and deluded. I can argue any point you want.

I in no way agree with the religious enforcement of circumcision, regardless of the religion.

And before you write off the catholic church as being child friendly, have you ever watched the news?

'Child abuse is not part of the catholic tradition?'

'Nobody in the catholic church defends child abuse?'

Child abuse has been rampant in the catholic church for a long long time and it's almost common knowledge. The sick habits of your church have been in the eye of the public for decades.

How dare you have the audacity to claim that the muslim faith should be despised for it's circumcision laws without mentioning other religions that do so such as Judaism, and then to claim that the catholic church of all religions is child friendly.

I don't agree with religious circumcision at all. I don't agree with muslims doing it or jews or any other religious denomination that promotes it. But your church acts with utter disgrace in relation to the protection and wellbeing of minors too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases
Original post by Speider
My boyfriend was circumcised when he was a kid due to some tropical infection (he grew up in Malaya). I have to say from the female perspective, it's a lot more hygienic than uncircumcised. For one the foreskin doesn't get full of fluff from clothing! But that said, without a medical reason or a conscious adult decision, I can't see a reason for it

You know what else is more hygienic? Cutting the clitoris off a woman. It gets rid of all those pesky folds of skin where all the smegma and stuff can hide. Much easier to clean, as well.

I call troll. Either that, or seriously deluded idiot.
Original post by Snagprophet
Maybe it was God's helpful hint that because Abraham's son's foreskin was malformed it had to come off? Health risk becomes a fecking ceremony how backwards.

Or.. maybe it was really his subconcious trying to get him to do it...
In the hopes that he screws up and chops his knob off (and is hence unable to reproduce)
Reply 51
I think it's better to get circumcised when we're babies, because the baby will not remember the pain. But if we are circumcised when adults, then we will remember the pain for sometime or maybe forever. Also, it has an effect on your sex life. Obviously, babies are not gonna have sex.
when we are "happy" we are all the same ;p
Reply 53
It's a completely barbaric procedure. Absolutely should be banned. Some have mentioned that it does them no harm, but I counter that with it does you no good either. So why have this forced on you, why put up with the pain, why risk the infection? There is no logical reason to do it.

The only reason IMO that this still happens is because the people it happens to (generally speaking) are babies and therefore grow up with it. If circumcision was something that happened at age 18, I'm willing to bet it would be hugely unpopular.

Original post by tehFrance
I last longer in bed so it is fine by me.

What a ridiculous comment.

Were you circumcised as a child? If so how do you presume to know you last longer then if you had not been?
Original post by M1011
What a ridiculous comment.

Were you circumcised as a child? If so how do you presume to know you last longer then if you had not been?

Yes... I last 40 minutes minimum (pen. sex, general session with foreplay is an hour to an hour and a half) without the use of condoms and other things to help... the average is apparently 6-12 minutes so really? :dontknow:
Reply 55
Original post by tehFrance
Yes... I last 40 minutes minimum (pen. sex, general session with foreplay is an hour to an hour and a half) without the use of condoms and other things to help... the average is apparently 6-12 minutes so really? :dontknow:

Far more then I ever wanted to know about you...

My point stands, what has that got to do with circumcision. What makes you think your circumcision has any effect on your sexual performance?

Also, consider that the length of time you 'last' is not only determined by yourself, perhaps you simply have a unappealing partner. Just throwing it out here as a possibility.
Reply 56
So does anyone of you know the disadvantages of not getting circumcision?

Have any of you heard of medical conditions known as phimosis and paraphimosis?

Do you know the incidence of these conditions in uncircumcised males?
Reply 57
having a circumcision lowers chances of catching std's
Original post by Electronica
Then it should be the NHS that performs it. Not some religious nut with no qualification...

The NHS does perform it when it's a medical necessity.
Reply 59
Original post by Psyk
How often do babies get aids from having sex?

i dont really think thats anything to do with it as firstly its not just babies who are circumscised and secondly babies grow up as well...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending