The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

visual communication and media design course

Hi everyone first time on here just a quick question.

I have been accepted to do visual communication and media design course, but I would like to know what software is involved mostly and what else we will be doing a lot and also is there a lot of usage of adobe flash software, like key frames to use a lot of to use, please someone give me an answer about this, before I choose this as the biggest mistake of my life, email me at [Removed - please use PMs or post here]

regards

All73way
Reply 1
Hi There,

From what I know of the course it does feature a lot of Animation, I believe those classes are taught using Adobe Aftereffects or Adobe Flash however the briefs are open allowing you to use anything that produces the right output.

I don't know all that much about the course however so I'm going to ask a friend of mine on the course for more information for you.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
I'd say someone who's passionate about traditional graphic design should think twice before choosing this course.
You have to be interested in animation to appreciate it!

She's 3rd year so your modules will be building up to hers but 2 use Adobe software (Flash and/or others), one is up to you but Flash would be suitable, one is pre-dominantly assessed via essays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending