The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Application received however not given contextual flag despite postcode matching

Hello, I've applied to the University of Dundee while living within a SIMD quantile 1 however my application was not given an automatic contextual flag, would I have to do any further action? I've applied for an MA in Psychology.
Original post by sophisticatedfox
Hello, I've applied to the University of Dundee while living within a SIMD quantile 1 however my application was not given an automatic contextual flag, would I have to do any further action? I've applied for an MA in Psychology.

If your home postcode at the time you apply is in a Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) quintile 1 zone, then you will automatically be allocated a Category 1 contextual flag when Dundee receive your UCAS application.

Eligible Home Scottish or Rest of UK candidates allocated a Category 1 contextual flag will be made a Widening Access level offer or (for interviewing subjects) normally be interviewed.

The above is quoted almost verbatim from this page on the Dundee web site. If that hasn't happened, then I suggest you contact their admissions team and politely ask why not.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by DataVenia
If your home postcode at the time you apply is in a Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) quintile 1 zone, then you will automatically be allocated a Category 1 contextual flag when Dundee receive your UCAS application.

Eligible Home Scottish or Rest of UK candidates allocated a Category 1 contextual flag will be made a Widening Access level offer or (for interviewing subjects) normally be interviewed.

The above is quoted almost verbatim from this page on the Dundee web site. If that hasn't happened, then I suggest you contact their admissions team and politely ask why not.

Thank you!
I've gotten into contact with dundee uni, they've stated it'll be allocated once admission officers review my application, thank you for the help!
Thank you!
I've gotten into contact with dundee uni, they've stated it'll be allocated once admission officers review my application, thank you for the help!

Excellent. Although their approach does stretch the word "automatically" in their web site statement that: "If your home postcode at the time you apply is in a Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) quintile 1 zone" / "You will automatically be allocated a contextual flag when we receive your UCAS application" :wink:

Anyway, I'm glad you've received an explanation - with (hopefully) a contextual offer to follow. :crossedf:

They will automatically allocate it, I applied 2021 with a SIMD 1 postcode and care experience, on my ucas application there was a set of questions that get you to mention whether you have any contextual flags, like if either of your parents have gone to uni, have you ever had free school meals, are you a refugee ect. As long as you’ve filled out all your ucas stuff it’ll get flagged. Dundee university and Edinburgh sent emails after they’d viewed my application acknowledging the flags and making an offer but it wasn’t until around a month after my applications got sent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending