The Student Room Group

What undergraduate art courses should I be applying to?

Hi, I'm currently doing a foundation course in art & design at UAL. I love animation and illustration, but I want to find a course that also does some graphic design... Does anyone know the best courses/unis to apply to for this? So far I've researched only animation courses, but I really want to don't want to drop graphic design either. I would really appreciate any help because I'm getting stressed out about applying on time :frown:
(edited 5 months ago)
Aren't UAL helping you with this? Have you spoken to your tutors for help?
Original post by TamzinNM
Hi, I'm currently doing a foundation course in art & design at UAL. I love animation and illustration, but I want to find a course that also does some graphic design... Does anyone know the best courses/unis to apply to for this? So far I've researched only animation courses, but I really want to don't want to drop graphic design either. I would really appreciate any help because I'm getting stressed out about applying on time :frown:

Hello Tamzin,

I understand that finding the right course can be quite overwhelming. However, it seems that you are doing all the right things by researching and exploring different courses. I suggest that you attend an open day and get more detailed information about the course you are interested in. Don't hesitate to ask the tutors any questions you may have. Some courses might offer flexibility in terms of subjects you can study, or you might be able to incorporate your graphic design skills into animation or vice versa.

We have some excellent courses at Arts University Plymouth, including Animation & Games and Graphic Design. For your convenience, I am attaching the links to these courses below.

Animation & Game - https://www.aup.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/ba-hons-animation-games
Graphic Design - https://www.aup.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/ba-hons-graphic-design

I hope this helps.

Kate - Arts University Plymouth Rep
💻 Email us at [email protected]
☎️ Call us on 01752 203402⁠
📱 Whatsapp us at 07722 744184⁠
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Aren't UAL helping you with this? Have you spoken to your tutors for help?

I have, and sort of... But of course I think they'd much rather I continue next year at UAL
Original post by RedSWH
Consider universities offering courses in Visual Communication or Digital Media Arts. They often integrate animation, illustration, and graphic design. Look into UAL's BA Graphic Design or similar programs at institutions like RCA or Central Saint Martins. Don't rush; prioritize finding the right fit for your diverse interests. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending