The Student Room Group

Scope of field- UK

My ADHD stress is on the edge of breaking down as I can't find my way to a good masters course, I have done Bachelors in Design (Visual Communication Design) although I am not much a fan of design work but inclined more towards the ideation and branding side. I can't seem to figure out my master course and every course I choose, someone tells me they aren't worth it to have study in United Kingdom.

The courses I chose was advertising with marketing management and FT in digtal marketing and communications. What should i do? I am open to other suggestions of courses or universities in UK. Please help a fellow student here I am very much indecisive.
Original post by Ramna.8
My ADHD stress is on the edge of breaking down as I can't find my way to a good masters course, I have done Bachelors in Design (Visual Communication Design) although I am not much a fan of design work but inclined more towards the ideation and branding side. I can't seem to figure out my master course and every course I choose, someone tells me they aren't worth it to have study in United Kingdom.
The courses I chose was advertising with marketing management and FT in digtal marketing and communications. What should i do? I am open to other suggestions of courses or universities in UK. Please help a fellow student here I am very much indecisive.

Hello👋🏻

Picking a master course can be a stressful time. There are so many courses out there and deciding which one to choose can be quite overwhelming. I currently study on a masters course at De Montfort University so it might be helpful for me to share some tips with you on how to choose the right course. 📖

First of all I looked at where I want my career to go. Which direction would you like to go in? I know for me I wanted to become a psychological wellbeing practitioner so I looked at courses which might help me with this! Have a look at different career opportunities which might help you narrow down the course type you are after. 👍🏻

Secondly, I had a look for potential courses which align with my career goals and current interests. I just researched postgraduate degrees whose titles sounded of interest. Once you have done this have a look at the modules and see which sound interesting.

Another factor to look at is where you would potentially like to study? Would you prefer a city university or maybe a more rural one? This might help narrow your options down further.

I myself made a spreadsheet and ranked all the courses and universities based on my interests. This helped me narrow down the choice for me!😊

I have attached the postgraduate course link for DMU as you might find a course here!
https://www.dmu.ac.uk/Study/Courses/Postgraduate-courses/Postgraduate-courses.aspx

I hope this helps! Please reach out if you have any more questions.

Hannah🐄
DMU Student Rep
MSc Psychological Wellbeing🧠

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending