The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
I know what you mean about the silvery scars, although weirdly I've also got a couple of bright red 2 year old raised ones which really are obvious. :| I think though you should try not to worry too much about them; after all, you can't change the past. If they really bother you maybe look into getting surgery on them, I'm considering that route.

Food is just one piece of the losing weight puzzle, exercise is also very important. Would you be able to join a gym? They're not always that expensive - 2 just opened in my area which are £14.99 and £19.99 a month, that's like a takeaway and a drink. Or, you could try HIIT running in the park in the evening so it's not too hot, or early morning.

Hopefully I'll get the job I've got an interview for on Wednesday and I can join the gym/pool after that... It's in town too so I can go after work. The scars just bother me because I'm at home and I don't like my parents seeing them :frown:

Idk. I've been feeling really odd recently. Amsterdam was not a good place to go... My mind hasn't been the same since last week, shouldn't have done anything there but I thought since weed has never really affected me too badly before it'd be ok. Every once in a while I get really upset and paranoid, I don't know about what but it feels like the start of a panic attack. Eurghhhhhh. Wonderful... :rolleyes:
Fell asleep at 4am and woke up at 8 :mad: Seriously brain, what the ****?!
another period of "sleep" which I didn't dream in, I don't know much about sleep, but is it possible im just not getting the right kind of asleep or something?
Reply 2303
Original post by bytail
Fell asleep at 4am and woke up at 8 :mad: Seriously brain, what the ****?!

I've had that before, is something worrying you heavily at the moment? Did you still feel tired when you woke up? If you felt fine then your brain had enough rest.

Original post by SciFiBoy
another period of "sleep" which I didn't dream in, I don't know much about sleep, but is it possible im just not getting the right kind of asleep or something?

I'm no expert on sleep either, but I hardly ever get dreams and when I do they're usually odd, but good. Usually dream about a better me living a better life, sad as it sounds; because it's a dream it's quite surreal and you always wake up on a good bit, as they say :teehee:

I used to get sexual dreams back in my teen years growing up, I guess just hormones back then but I've not had any of them in years. How many hours are you getting a night and what sort of times are you sleeping at?
Original post by Anon420

I'm no expert on sleep either, but I hardly ever get dreams and when I do they're usually odd, but good. Usually dream about a better me living a better life, sad as it sounds; because it's a dream it's quite surreal and you always wake up on a good bit, as they say :teehee:

I used to get sexual dreams back in my teen years growing up, I guess just hormones back then but I've not had any of them in years. How many hours are you getting a night and what sort of times are you sleeping at?

is strange, I usually do dream and stuff, but last like 3-4 days when I have "slept" I don't feel like I have even been asleep if that makes sense, I feel like I may have been like not concious but I am barely aware that this is the case, so time will pass where I obviously haven't been awake, but I still kinda feel like I haven't slept :/ the lack of dreams makes me wonder if this is some sign that im not sleeping properly or something?

I get between 6-8 hours a day on average, though this can be as much as 24 hours apart, and like I said with issues above, generally I am sleeping from between 4am/6am and 2pm/4pm so during the day.
Original post by Anon420
I've had that before, is something worrying you heavily at the moment? Did you still feel tired when you woke up? If you felt fine then your brain had enough rest.

Only thing semi-worrying me at present is exams, but it's not like I'm lying in bed worrying about them to the point where I can't sleep or anything. I just can't seem to get to sleep until I'm exhausted, and then end up waking up after a few hours. I still feel tired when I wake up, yeah :frown:
Reply 2306
Counselling isn't meant to make you feel worse, is it?
Original post by d123

I think it can make you feel worse before you feel better sometimes :console: But if you don't get on with your counsellor or think they're acting unprofessionally you can always request to see a different person.
Reply 2308
Original post by bytail
I think it can make you feel worse before you feel better sometimes :console: But if you don't get on with your counsellor or think they're acting unprofessionally you can always request to see a different person.

There's nothing wrong with her exactly, it was my fault it went badly. Just couldn't talk at all :frown:
Original post by d123
There's nothing wrong with her exactly, it was my fault it went badly. Just couldn't talk at all :frown:

That's normal, it'll take a few sessions for you to build a rapport, don't worry about it. I didn't say anything of any use in my first session! It gets easier :hugs:
Reply 2310
Original post by bytail
That's normal, it'll take a few sessions for you to build a rapport, don't worry about it. I didn't say anything of any use in my first session! It gets easier :hugs:

Thank you :smile: :hugs:
Reply 2311

We all 'dream'. It's just that we can't remember the dreams that we dreamt - if that makes sense? I can't remember what I dreamt about last night that's for sure but that doesn't mean I didn't technically dream.
Original post by Deyesy
We all 'dream'. It's just that we can't remember the dreams that we dreamt - if that makes sense? I can't remember what I dreamt about last night that's for sure but that doesn't mean I didn't technically dream.

idk, is more than that, is like im not aware that I did sleep even though I know I did?
Reply 2313
idk, is more than that, is like im not aware that I did sleep even though I know I did?

I think that's normal ^^ For me, it definitely doesn't feel like the 7 hours each night, I spend sleeping. You're awake one minute, asleep the next and awake again the next - at least that's what it feels like :smile:
I've been sleeping with a pad of paper next to my bed; everytime I wake up I write down my dreams for this quack of a psychiatrist. I wake up numerous times terrified every night but then I'm reading it over now and the dreams are absolutely hilarious. How am I scared of these things? :tongue:

Original post by kiss_me_now9
Hopefully I'll get the job I've got an interview for on Wednesday and I can join the gym/pool after that... It's in town too so I can go after work. The scars just bother me because I'm at home and I don't like my parents seeing them :frown:

Idk. I've been feeling really odd recently. Amsterdam was not a good place to go... My mind hasn't been the same since last week, shouldn't have done anything there but I thought since weed has never really affected me too badly before it'd be ok. Every once in a while I get really upset and paranoid, I don't know about what but it feels like the start of a panic attack. Eurghhhhhh. Wonderful... :rolleyes:

Good luck with the interview, I really hope it goes well for you. :yy:

I thought they'd made weed illegal for foreigners? Anyway, give it a while and hopefully the feelings should wear off.

Original post by d123

Actually, I've heard quite a lot that it can make people feel worse to start with as you're opening up and addressing stuff that makes you feel ****. But hopefully as time goes by you should feel better.
Original post by Deyesy
I think that's normal ^^ For me, it definitely doesn't feel like the 7 hours each night, I spend sleeping. You're awake one minute, asleep the next and awake again the next - at least that's what it feels like :smile:

it is? im used to feeling like I have slept...atm I don't feel like I got any sleep at all even if time has passed where I must have done.

compared to how I normally sleep, the last few days have not felt right at all.

gonna ask my GP about it, might be caused by my meds or my mood or something.
Reply 2316
Meds upped again. I think they'll start prescribing me by the bucket if this continues.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Meds upped again. I think they'll start prescribing me by the bucket if this continues.

How is your health in general hun?
Reply 2318
Original post by Sabertooth
I've been sleeping with a pad of paper next to my bed; everytime I wake up I write down my dreams for this quack of a psychiatrist. I wake up numerous times terrified every night but then I'm reading it over now and the dreams are absolutely hilarious. How am I scared of these things? :tongue:

Good luck with the interview, I really hope it goes well for you. :yy:

I thought they'd made weed illegal for foreigners? Anyway, give it a while and hopefully the feelings should wear off.

Actually, I've heard quite a lot that it can make people feel worse to start with as you're opening up and addressing stuff that makes you feel ****. But hopefully as time goes by you should feel better.

Maybe it'll improve as I get used to it then :smile:
I've just been to the doctors about how I feel, she told me that I couldn't possibly be depressed because I'm 17 and that's too young.
I didn't realise depression had an age limit, silly me.

Latest