The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by d123
I can't remember if I mentioned it here or not, but I had an interview for a job yesterday and I was successful! Hopefully this will mean that I'm busy over summer and have something to keep my mind off things, I can meet new people and have less money stress. It's also making me feel less worthless. So good news, really :smile:

congrats! :hugs:
Original post by rmhumphries
BBQ in the park sounds awesome :yy:

I promise to try not to destroy the vegetarian option this time. :angel:

Original post by d123
I can't remember if I mentioned it here or not, but I had an interview for a job yesterday and I was successful! Hopefully this will mean that I'm busy over summer and have something to keep my mind off things, I can meet new people and have less money stress. It's also making me feel less worthless. So good news, really :smile:

Woooo! :five: What's the job? Anything interesting?
had enough.

bye TSR.
Reply 2363
Original post by SciFiBoy
had enough.

bye TSR.

What's up? :smile:
Reply 2364
congrats! :hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
I promise to try not to destroy the vegetarian option this time. :angel:

Woooo! :five: What's the job? Anything interesting?

Thanks both of you :smile: It's just a part time job at the cinema, so free films! :smile:

had enough.

bye TSR.

What's wrong? Please don't disappear! :hugs:
Reply 2365
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Lucky girl, not only am I still as pale as ever (despite spending the last week in the sun constantly on holiday...) but also now every SINGLE little scar on my arms has gone from naturally blending in to being a pronounced silvery coloured against the creamy whiteness of my skin... Which looks awful :cry: Like, all of them are visible. All of them! In winter you can only see about 4 or 5 on each arm if you look carefully, now it's hundreds. Eurghdjfhakdff.

Spoiler

My scars going really pale/ almost translucent in the sun, but they're usually purple, so it's an improvement :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by Nut.
My scars going really pale/ almost translucent in the sun, but they're usually purple, so it's an improvement :tongue:

Spoiler

Am i one of the only people that think pale skin is hot? :0 Dont get me wrong a good REAL tan is cool, but fake tans? Euuurghh *cringe*

Glad the sun is out a lot atm, it really does lift your mood.
Reply 2367
Original post by d123
That's rubbish about your GP. Really hope you manage to make it through the week, remember we're all here for you! :hugs:

Original post by thatsthebadger93
So sorry it didn't go better with the doctor, I've had similar experiences following emergency sections and it just feels like no one gives a damn. It sounds like you have some really supportive friends though, do you think they would be able to help keep you safe for this week? Would it be possible for your family to keep an eye on you whilst your feeling this bad? It seems so stupid that they would discharge you from the crisis team without putting any other support in place, though not all together suprising :rolleyes:
I've heard some quite good things about mirtazipine, it has some sedative effect as well which is great if you're not sleeping and I think it's less likely to make you jittery etc.
Stay strong :hugs:

Thanks guys :hugs:

My friends are really great, as much as I wanted them to leave me alone when I was at my worst this weekend they wouldn't go until my dad arrived. I even tried to run away but they wrestled me so I couldn't go ha! I am home from uni at the moment and all my friends are at uni. They all agreed it was best for me and them to go home for a bit because they felt they were out of their depth and that I was not safe left to my own devices on my flat... I was with the crisis team for the weekend in Sheffield at uni but now I am back home so my gp and the crisis team are both out of my area. Going to go to my local gp if things get any worse I think.
Reply 2368
Original post by Meaty_man
Am i one of the only people that think pale skin is hot? :0 Dont get me wrong a good REAL tan is cool, but fake tans? Euuurghh *cringe*

Glad the sun is out a lot atm, it really does lift your mood.

I can't say I really notice :lol:

There's certainly nothing off-putting about it, for sure. Agreed, fake tans rarely look good.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2369
had enough.

bye TSR.

Please stay safe and don't do anything you would regret. There are a lot of people who care about you here and also in your life even though sometimes it may not seem like it :lovehug:
Original post by Meaty_man
I've heard of a lot of bad experiance with doctors recently...it's very worrying, sometimes it feels like i could do their job better than them, even when i know hardly anything about medicine :s-smilie:

I guess ive been lucky that my first gp was cool, and my current one is really awesome. He seems to know his stuff, seems like he wants to help and often has a smile. Like others say, just look for another doc, there are good ones out there, you just need to look hard enough i guess :|
---------
How i've been for those interested

Spoiler

I hope i dont get too stressed in the next month...im moving old stuff to my parents place and other stuff into my new home, will be looking for a job, applying for benefits, producing art for an app game, and celebrating/saying byes to old mates and newer ones. The thought of a lot of things going on can really put me at edge, even if its enjoyable stuff :|

It's just pretty sad that lots of people - myself included, go to the doctor when we're desperate for help, and I get told that being 17 makes me somehow magically immune from depression!

Spoiler

Glad you're feeling better :]
My dad collapsed again tonight, kinda hard to describe how that has felt like :sigh:
Reply 2372
Original post by ViceVersa
My dad collapsed again tonight, kinda hard to describe how that has felt like :sigh:

:hugs: Is he okay now? Is that a regular occurance?
Reply 2373

:hugs:

Sorry to hear that. :frown: I really hope he's okay, and that you're coping.

:console:
Reply 2374

Hope he's well :smile: :console: :hugs:
Reply 2375
I think I'm starting to hallucinate now :confused: :cry2: . For the last few days, sometimes when I'm near the kitchen door at night with the lights off, it seems like water is dripping from the ceiling. But of course it isn't :confused:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S
(edited 11 years ago)

:hugs: Sorry there isn't more I can say to help
Reply 2377
I do wonder why I bother with some people :frown:

Local friend i hardly ever see, we spent months without seeing each other and i try to maintain contact and meet up at least once a week, but it just doesn't seem to happen and he doesn't show interest, makes excuses, ignores me. But sad to admit, he's the only real friend in my local area, so i kinda need him, even if it is for the odd beer up the pub every now and then.

Other than that I have acquaintances but not friends. Maybe this new course in september will bring along some good friendships, at least I hope so :frown:

had enough.

bye TSR.

Only just seen this, don't go please :smile: Everyone here can help and support you, if you do go I respect that and hope to see you back when you feel ready, Stay safe matey :hugs:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2378
Original post by Anon420
I do wonder why I bother with some people :frown:

Local friend i hardly ever see, we spent months without seeing each other and i try to maintain contact and meet up at least once a week, but it just doesn't seem to happen and he doesn't show interest, makes excuses, ignores me. But sad to admit, he's the only real friend in my local area, so i kinda need him, even if it is for the odd beer up the pub every now and then.

Other than that I have acquaintances but not friends. Maybe this new course in september will bring along some good friendships, at least I hope so :frown:

That sucks :frown:

Hopefully September will bring better things though :smile: :hugs:
Thanks guys, I'll be okay :redface:

Latest