The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5580
Original post by bullettheory

Thank you. The people who serve the dinner were so nice last night and heard I hadn't eaten anything (apart from a packet of crisps and a ****e sandwich) in the entire 20 hours I was in the 136 suite so they made me a vegetarian meal especially for me and gave it to me even though I had missed dinner which was lovely of them.

That is really nice of them. I hope that its a good omen for the rest of your stay there.

Original post by Sabertooth
x

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
x

Both kitty and bunny are very cute.

I love seeing other peoples pets, always puts a smile on my face so thank you for sharing.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by bytail
Saw my GP earlier, he described me as "a tortured soul" which I found quite amusing :lol: He's faxing the crisis team first thing tomorrow which is **** because I get the feeling they might try and make me go into hospital.

What a lovely description... Doctors do say some odd stuff from time to time! I hope you don't have to go into hospital, if you feel safe enough in the community then explain that to the crisis team and hopefully they will listen, but if hospital will keep you safe then maybe it is the best option (unfortunately) :hugs:
Original post by Nut.
Cripes this thread is moving fast recently. :redface:

I think coming off the meds is going to take a little period of adjustment for my brain.
The depression/ mania hasn't returned at all (5 days on 300mg now, down from 400mg) but I'm feeling (and this is quite hard to explain) sort of detached... floaty, like maybe nothing is real, or that nothing matters or has any consequences. Like there is no such thing as fact or science, but that everything is up for reassessment.
So that's all a bit weird.

Glad your mood is staying stable, that is pretty awesome! Yes, that seems a bit odd, I feel like that at times, particularly the floaty bit, and like everything is unreal. Do you have anything that helps with that? Sometimes I try grounding exercises, and body scan mindfulness, which my therapist taught me, and that does seem to help at times.
Original post by Wheek
That is really nice of them. I hope that its a good omen for the rest of your stay

I hope so too. Some decent food will be so much better! And there's 3 veggies now so we can gang up on them if they forget!
Original post by concubine
Yeah. I know that. But it's never been the case with me.

One SSRI did it for me, but then no others did. Maybe this is the one that might just not agree with you. It does wear off though.
What a lovely description... Doctors do say some odd stuff from time to time! I hope you don't have to go into hospital, if you feel safe enough in the community then explain that to the crisis team and hopefully they will listen, but if hospital will keep you safe then maybe it is the best option (unfortunately) :hugs:

Unfortunately my mum has been telling my GP that I will lie about things and "tell people what they want to hear" in order to stay out of hospital and "living a fairly normal life" :tongue: So I'm not even sure telling them I'll be fine is an option.

How are you holding up?
Reply 5586
I hope so too. Some decent food will be so much better! And there's 3 veggies now so we can gang up on them if they forget!

I'll keep an ear out on the news for vegetarian rioters then! :tongue:
Reply 5587
Glad your mood is staying stable, that is pretty awesome! Yes, that seems a bit odd, I feel like that at times, particularly the floaty bit, and like everything is unreal. Do you have anything that helps with that? Sometimes I try grounding exercises, and body scan mindfulness, which my therapist taught me, and that does seem to help at times.

Yeah I'd sort of expected to crash by now :lol: so it's good that I haven't!

I use a sort of mindfulness I guess with sort of strong flavours like bitter coffee which can help a bit. It's a very odd feeling. Not positive or negative but somehow not desirable at the same time.
Although unless it gets really awful I don't think I'll tell the doc just in case they decide not to let me come off meds because I want to see how I can get on without them if at all possible.
Reply 5588
Loser alert. Loser alert.

I just played along with Who Wants To Be A Millionaire online.
I finished ranked 142nd. :proud: :getmecoat:
Reply 5589
Feel really awful with the flu right now. Really had enough :cry: :cry:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S
Original post by avhhs
Feel really awful with the flu right now. Really had enough :cry: :cry:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S

:jumphug: :console: :jumphug:
Reply 5591
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug: :console: :jumphug:

I think things are getting worse very quickly. A few hours ago I ended up crying on the bathroom floor unable to breathe because the voices were shouting so loudly. I thoroughly pissed off my girlfriend by being unable to talk to her and some of the things they were saying about her made me so confused and frightened. I don't recall the last time I felt such pure fear, I couldn't stop shaking and crying. Eventually she got me to calm down and helped me breathe and slowly with her helping me the voices have quietened down.

I owe her so much she's so good to me, I could never repay her for how much she helps me. I'm feeling so fragile right now, my head hurts a bunch, but mostly I'm really scared about what happened. If she wasn't here I don't know how I would have coped, I couldn't breathe properly I was so terrified. That scares me.

I think maybe I need to relax somehow, I'm feeling really tensed and stressed which really isn't helping things.
I think things are getting worse very quickly. A few hours ago I ended up crying on the bathroom floor unable to breathe because the voices were shouting so loudly. I thoroughly pissed off my girlfriend by being unable to talk to her and some of the things they were saying about her made me so confused and frightened. I don't recall the last time I felt such pure fear, I couldn't stop shaking and crying. Eventually she got me to calm down and helped me breathe and slowly with her helping me the voices have quietened down.

I owe her so much she's so good to me, I could never repay her for how much she helps me. I'm feeling so fragile right now, my head hurts a bunch, but mostly I'm really scared about what happened. If she wasn't here I don't know how I would have coped, I couldn't breathe properly I was so terrified. That scares me.

I think maybe I need to relax somehow, I'm feeling really tensed and stressed which really isn't helping things.

Open your bag of sweeties now. And tomorrow get hold of your psychiatrist, sounds like you could really do with some extra help right now. :hugs:
Reply 5594
Realising how much my friend cares about me is making me close to the verge of tears. Happy tears, which is really, really odd.
Original post by d123
Realising how much my friend cares about me is making me close to the verge of tears. Happy tears, which is really, really odd.

Aww, that's good to know. :h:
Original post by superwolf
Open your bag of sweeties now. And tomorrow get hold of your psychiatrist, sounds like you could really do with some extra help right now. :hugs:

The sweeties sound like a really good idea. I think I will have some :drool:

Seeing my CPN next week so imma probably need to try and hold out until then.
Reply 5597
Original post by superwolf
Aww, that's good to know. :h:

Yeah, I need to let myself not get paranoid that I just bother him all the time.

I hate upsetting him though, that's the downside of realising he cares about me, it makes me feel guilty for hurting him with all my horrible thoughts :frown:
The sweeties sound like a really good idea. I think I will have some :drool:

Seeing my CPN next week so imma probably need to try and hold out until then.

Sweeties make you happy. :yes:

Ok, but if things keep on really bad, I think you might want to get hold of them sooner. Maybe talk it over with your girlfriend, as her having a bit of outside perspective could help you make the right judgement better than you would on your own.
Original post by d123
Yeah, I need to let myself not get paranoid that I just bother him all the time.

I hate upsetting him though, that's the downside of realising he cares about me, it makes me feel guilty for hurting him with all my horrible thoughts :frown:

It's really good that he cares about you so much. :smile: In regards to feeling guilty about hurting, worrying or upsetting him with all that you're going through, I feel exactly the same with my friends who know about my depression, and find it really difficult to tell them/don't tell them at all some of the stuff that I'm thinking and going through at the moment, instead telling mostly people like my GP, who's awesome. However, you shouldn't feel guilty about it! He's there to listen - that's what friends are for, and I'm sure he's pleased that you're able to trust in him and confide in him about how you're feeling, and I'm sure he's pleased that you're keeping him in the loop.

I also get paranoid that I bother some of my friends (as well as my GP, Student Support Officer and so on), and feel really guilty about the amount I talk to them/try and contact them, but I'm sure he'd tell you if that was the case, and as I've said, I'm sure he's pleased you're opening up to him about how you're feeling and not just bottling it all up. :smile:

Latest