The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sultana
The CMHT are different from the crisis team, they do normally take a couple of weeks to get back to you. But, the fact they said they'd contact you days ago is appalling. Its so frustrating having to wait on these people. I know this is far easier said than done, but you just have to keep holding on. Please don't do anything silly, you don't have to live like this, you can get better. :hugs:

Yeah, I'm perplexed as to why the crisis team have shunted me onto the CMHT instead. I know, I'm just sick of it and feel like something has to give.

Original post by SciFiRory
ah, that's really annoying yeah :erm: hopefully they do get in touch with you soon though! :hugs: if you need to talk feel free to PM/Skpye btw!

Hopefully. Thanks mate, glad to hear you had a good time camping.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Still awake :erm:

You haven't slept at all?
Original post by bytail
Hopefully. Thanks mate, glad to hear you had a good time camping.

no worries :smile: yeah was fun, back home now but very sleepy so been sleeping lots!
Original post by d123
Hi guys :biggrin:

I've been alright :smile: Had a bit of a blip midweek but I'm feeling much better now.

:hugs: glad to hear you are doing okay!
Original post by bytail

You haven't slept at all?

:no:

Hang on in there hun. I can't imagine what you're going through but you deserve better than this and it's not worth hurting yourself over :hugs: :console: :hugs:
:no:

Hang on in there hun. I can't imagine what you're going through but you deserve better than this and it's not worth hurting yourself over :hugs: :console: :hugs:

:hugs: I really sympathise with you, not being able to sleep is horrible. Might be worth getting up and doing some housework or something, it could help tire you out? Thanks lovely, I wish I was better at coping with things :sad:
Original post by bytail
:hugs: I really sympathise with you, not being able to sleep is horrible. Might be worth getting up and doing some housework or something, it could help tire you out? Thanks lovely, I wish I was better at coping with things :sad:

My mum suggested I do some dissertation reading, coz she thinks that would put me to sleep quite quickly :biggrin: Already tried that though much earlier this morning :sad:

It's not your fault at all, hun. When you're in a vulnerable state and your defences are down, you really need to be able to rely on people. So if they say they're gonna do something, e.g. contact you, it's imperative that they do that. Otherwise it just messes with your mind, like it's doing now. You're not weak or anything - please don't think that :nah:
My mum suggested I do some dissertation reading, coz she thinks that would put me to sleep quite quickly :biggrin: Already tried that though much earlier this morning :sad:

It's not your fault at all, hun. When you're in a vulnerable state and your defences are down, you really need to be able to rely on people. So if they say they're gonna do something, e.g. contact you, it's imperative that they do that. Otherwise it just messes with your mind, like it's doing now. You're not weak or anything - please don't think that :nah:

:laugh:
Shame it didn't work :frown: Sometimes I just can't get to sleep no matter what I do, so it's just a case of waiting until I practically pass out from exhaustion :tongue: Do your meds not help you sleep at all?

Yeah, you're right, I think it is messing with me. I have no-one to rely on at the moment and it's making me feel like being impulsive :sad: My GP's buggered off and left me on this medication which isn't doing anything, the crisis team have apparently dumped me onto the CMHT who haven't contacted me, I can't see the woman from school because it's the end of term, and my family are a bit useless. Makes me feel like I'm not worth bothering with because otherwise surely something would have happened by now? I dunno.
Original post by bytail
:laugh:
Shame it didn't work :frown: Sometimes I just can't get to sleep no matter what I do, so it's just a case of waiting until I practically pass out from exhaustion :tongue: Do your meds not help you sleep at all?

Yeah, you're right, I think it is messing with me. I have no-one to rely on at the moment and it's making me feel like being impulsive :sad: My GP's buggered off and left me on this medication which isn't doing anything, the crisis team have apparently dumped me onto the CMHT who haven't contacted me, I can't see the woman from school because it's the end of term, and my family are a bit useless. Makes me feel like I'm not worth bothering with because otherwise surely something would have happened by now? I dunno.

I'm not sure what's going on with my meds atm. They were working really well. Then I kinda stopped taking them :colondollar: Then I had to start again coz I was going cuckoo and now it doesn't seem to be as effective. I know it takes time to get into the system again but it's been a good 5-6 weeks or so :dontknow:

Of course you're worth bothering with, hun. It's just unfortunately there's still a lot for everyone to learn about mental health, including those working within the services. Also some of the people working in these services are just clearly in the wrong job :erm:
Reply 6268
Agree... theres still so much that the medical sector does not understand about mental health. Adding to that the stigma attached to it from other industries..... its enough to make you feel depressed.
I'm not sure what's going on with my meds atm. They were working really well. Then I kinda stopped taking them :colondollar: Then I had to start again coz I was going cuckoo and now it doesn't seem to be as effective. I know it takes time to get into the system again but it's been a good 5-6 weeks or so :dontknow:

Of course you're worth bothering with, hun. It's just unfortunately there's still a lot for everyone to learn about mental health, including those working within the services. Also some of the people working in these services are just clearly in the wrong job :erm:

Naughty :tongue: Didn't someone on this thread say something about how they lose effectiveness if you keep going off/coming back on them? I might be making that up though :laugh: Maybe you need to increase the dose or something, are you seeing anyone about it any time soon?

Yes, certainly seems that way :sad: A couple of the MH nurses I've spoken to seemed to have just fallen into their jobs after studying completely unrelated degrees, and there are certainly a few incompetent GP's and psychiatrists out there :K: Weird how common MH issues are, yet how little is actually known about them.
Original post by bytail
Naughty :tongue: Didn't someone on this thread say something about how they lose effectiveness if you keep going off/coming back on them? I might be making that up though :laugh: Maybe you need to increase the dose or something, are you seeing anyone about it any time soon?

Yes, certainly seems that way :sad: A couple of the MH nurses I've spoken to seemed to have just fallen into their jobs after studying completely unrelated degrees, and there are certainly a few incompetent GP's and psychiatrists out there :K: Weird how common MH issues are, yet how little is actually known about them.

Yeah, that sounds about right. My psychiatrist was meant to send me an appointment in the post but he hasn't. I tried phoning the EIS to speak to him the other week but he was on leave. Now my mum has decided she's gonna phone him on Monday. I feel so sorry for him. My mum can be SCARY :eek: :yep: :teehee:

It def is really weird and quite disconcerting too :sadnod:
Yeah, that sounds about right. My psychiatrist was meant to send me an appointment in the post but he hasn't. I tried phoning the EIS to speak to him the other week but he was on leave. Now my mum has decided she's gonna phone him on Monday. I feel so sorry for him. My mum can be SCARY :eek: :yep: :teehee:

It def is really weird and quite disconcerting too :sadnod:

Aha, hopefully your mum can scare some sense into them! :biggrin: It really is terrible how difficult it is to get hold of anyone unless you're literally at breaking point and about to cause harm to someone/yourself. You'd think they'd want to help you before it got to that point :dry: Suppose there just aren't enough MH professionals in the NHS.
Original post by bytail
Aha, hopefully your mum can scare some sense into them! :biggrin: It really is terrible how difficult it is to get hold of anyone unless you're literally at breaking point and about to cause harm to someone/yourself. You'd think they'd want to help you before it got to that point :dry: Suppose there just aren't enough MH professionals in the NHS.

I'm quite lucky with my psychiatrist coz he's actually very good, open-minded and listens to me. The problem is that once the aripiprazole had its magic effect, he decided all was well and he didn't really need to see me so much anymore. Plus my amazing nurse left and I had to wait 6 weeks to get a new one. She was the ****ty unprofessional one I discussed a while back ago on here. Then she left very suddenly and I've been without a nurse since May, with no sign of a new nurse anytime soon :frown:

I've come up with a plan though. If my psychiatrist tells my mum on Monday that he still can't give me a CPN, I'm demanding my hospital chaplain back :yep:
I'm quite lucky with my psychiatrist coz he's actually very good, open-minded and listens to me. The problem is that once the aripiprazole had its magic effect, he decided all was well and he didn't really need to see me so much anymore. Plus my amazing nurse left and I had to wait 6 weeks to get a new one. She was the ****ty unprofessional one I discussed a while back ago on here. Then she left very suddenly and I've been without a nurse since May, with no sign of a new nurse anytime soon :frown:

I've come up with a plan though. If my psychiatrist tells my mum on Monday that he still can't give me a CPN, I'm demanding my hospital chaplain back :yep:

That's good :smile: Yes, seems that once you're out of the "danger zone" you get dropped by the services pretty quickly :sadnod: I can understand why to an extent, but it's not sustainable in the long term.

That sounds like a good plan to me! Hopefully you can organise a new nurse or something soon :yep: Can't believe you've had to wait so long!
Original post by bytail
That's good :smile: Yes, seems that once you're out of the "danger zone" you get dropped by the services pretty quickly :sadnod: I can understand why to an extent, but it's not sustainable in the long term.

That sounds like a good plan to me! Hopefully you can organise a new nurse or something soon :yep: Can't believe you've had to wait so long!

Yeah, I mean I know they're overstretched but without continued support, people just end up being back in the danger zone and the whole cycle has to repeat itself, sometimes continuously :s-smilie: Silly NHS :yes:

Btw if I disappear without any warning, it's coz I've finally fallen asleep :colondollar:

On the plus side: my dress from Dorothy Perkins has arrived! First time I've bought a dress off the Internet! I hope it fits alright :eek:
Yeah, I mean I know they're overstretched but without continued support, people just end up being back in the danger zone and the whole cycle has to repeat itself, sometimes continuously :s-smilie: Silly NHS :yes:

Btw if I disappear without any warning, it's coz I've finally fallen asleep :colondollar:

On the plus side: my dress from Dorothy Perkins has arrived! First time I've bought a dress off the Internet! I hope it fits alright :eek:

Well hopefully you'll disappear then :colone:

Ooh, what does it look like?! I love buying stuff online, going out shopping is a nightmare :redface: I'm such an ungirly-girl.
Original post by bytail
Well hopefully you'll disappear then :colone:

Ooh, what does it look like?! I love buying stuff online, going out shopping is a nightmare :redface: I'm such an ungirly-girl.

This is the dress: http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=12552&catalogId=33053&productId=5834588&categoryId&parent_category_rn

It actually fits! :eek2: Slightly too long but it's not tight or anything and I don't look like a rhino :woo:
This is the dress: http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=12552&catalogId=33053&productId=5834588&categoryId&parent_category_rn

It actually fits! :eek2: Slightly too long but it's not tight or anything and I don't look like a rhino :woo:

Aw, that's really pretty! I'm glad it fits well :h: Very appropriate now the weathers brightened up a bit.
Original post by bytail
Aw, that's really pretty! I'm glad it fits well :h: Very appropriate now the weathers brightened up a bit.

My uncle has treated me to a free holiday to Sri Lanka and Singapore, so I bought it with that trip in mind. Sri Lankans like things to be bright :biggrin: I often get told off by my parents for wearing dark blue or black :teehee:

If I can get a bit of sleep, I might go hunting around London for another dress I like the look of:
http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=5046013&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=291042&parent_categoryId=&pageSize=20
My uncle has treated me to a free holiday to Sri Lanka and Singapore, so I bought it with that trip in mind. Sri Lankans like things to be bright :biggrin: I often get told off by my parents for wearing dark blue or black :teehee:

If I can get a bit of sleep, I might go hunting around London for another dress I like the look of:
http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=5046013&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=291042&parent_categoryId=&pageSize=20

Oh wow, brilliant! When are you going?
I went through a phase of living in black/grey clothes :ninja: These days I just live in my pyjamas!

Ooh, I really like that! I can't really wear long dresses though because I'm so short :dry: So I just have to admire them on others :biggrin:

Latest