The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmiB
This is a song I sometimes listen to on repeat when I am feeling really bad, see what you think, same goes for everyone :beard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL7GRbjtL6o

'It hurts just to wake up whenever you're wearing thin.

Alone on the outside, so tired of looking in.

The end is uncertain and I've never been so afraid but I don't need a telescope to see that there's hope and that makes me feel brave...'

music is wonderful I think, so many songs I know that have an effect on me :smile:

for me song lyrics can be so powerful as well, I even write some myself when I feel down, you can find so much meaning in songs and it can help when you are down, even if only to understand how you feel but not help you feel better, is still good imo.
Reply 881
My exam is on Monday and i'm still not doing any revision :eek: . I don't know why I don't have the motivation :mad:
Original post by superwolf
*dangles sock*

Come out come out wherever you are...

I'm alive. Just taking some time out. Back soonish I hope.
Lately I don't wanna and rather not talk about my self, nor my life sometimes, so I 100% pretend to most of the people I talk to that I'm perfectly okay and good, even though that isn't 100% true..

Although, to be fair I am pretty okay these days (overall) and so much better than I was before. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ViceVersa
Lately I don't wanna and rather not talk about my self, so I 100% pretend to most of the people I talk to that I'm perfectly okay and good, even though that isn't 100% true..

I also do that most of the time in everyday life, and even online for the most part :hugs: :hugs:
Original post by rmhumphries
I also do that most of the time in everyday life, and even online for the most part :hugs: :hugs:

:jumphug:
Reply 886
Lately I don't wanna and rather not talk about my self, nor my life sometimes, so I 100% pretend to most of the people I talk to that I'm perfectly okay and good, even though that isn't 100% true..

Although, to be fair I am pretty okay these days (overall) and so much better than I was before. :tongue:

That's really good if you are feeling well :jumphug:

Unlike me :sad:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I'm alive. Just taking some time out. Back soonish I hope.

Still alive? Back in your hole then. :poke:
Original post by avhhs
My exam is on Monday and i'm still not doing any revision :eek: . I don't know why I don't have the motivation :mad:

I'm in a similar situation mine start on tuesday , i'm just trying to do past papers, to see what i don't know which seems to be a lot, try to break your revision down, only do half an hour then have a break , all the little bits will add up at least thats what I'm hoping, just ignore this if I'm rambling and it doesn't make much sense :colondollar:

Good luck anyhow :jumphug:
Original post by avhhs

I've got a paper due monday......not happening. :sigh:
I am too weak, I always have been, I keep messing things up, even things I think make sense to do, they seem right but they are just my weakness winning, my failure, more of it, and then the pain, oh the pain, the gaping hole in my chest that rips me apart all the time, it is, too much...
Original post by superwolf
Still alive? Back in your hole then. :poke:

I'm holed up in my pit. Han's dragging me back to Stoke tomorrow to stop me imploding.
Reply 892
Thanks for the replies both of you :jumphug:

Original post by kahinalouise
I'm in a similar situation mine start on tuesday , i'm just trying to do past papers, to see what i don't know which seems to be a lot, try to break your revision down, only do half an hour then have a break , all the little bits will add up at least thats what I'm hoping, just ignore this if I'm rambling and it doesn't make much sense :colondollar:

Good luck anyhow :jumphug:

I just can't concentrate. I just find it really boring. Much prefer the computer, but that won't be getting me into university! The exam should hopefully be a fairly easy one. It certainly is the shortest of the 7 exams, at 1 hours 15 mins with 25% extra time :colondollar: (I get extra time because of my aspergers).

And good luck to you too! :hugs: :biggrin:

Original post by Sabertooth
I've got a paper due monday......not happening. :sigh:

:console: Don't worry too much about it. Just do your best. And good luck :hugs: :smile:
Original post by SciFiBoy
I am too weak, I always have been, I keep messing things up, even things I think make sense to do, they seem right but they are just my weakness winning, my failure, more of it, and then the pain, oh the pain, the gaping hole in my chest that rips me apart all the time, it is, too much...

I personally think that you're a damn strong person.

I understand more than most people about pain, so if you ever need me ima be here. :hugs:
I personally think that you're a damn strong person.

I understand more than most people about pain, so if you ever need me ima be here. :hugs:

I wish I was, but I can't be, if I were I wouldn't be feeling the way I do, I keep messing things up as well, that's not what strong people do :frown:
Original post by SciFiBoy
I wish I was, but I can't be, if I were I wouldn't be feeling the way I do, I keep messing things up as well, that's not what strong people do :frown:

Strength is still enduring and suffering, but acknowledging it and saying you are struggling. It's also still fairly coping enough to grace people with your posts everyday. You're strong, okay?

Also, everybody makes mistakes and mess up sometimes, doesn't mean they're weak :nah:
Strength is still enduring and suffering, but acknowledging it and saying you are struggling. It's also still fairly coping enough to grace people with your posts everyday. You're strong, okay?

Also, everybody makes mistakes and mess up sometimes, doesn't mean they're weak :nah:

idk, I don't really feel like I am coping is the thing, I still have this awful feeling inside all the time, it's painful even, but it can't be stopped, im alone, I feel like there is no reason, no meaning to anything right now.

I make mistakes almost constantly, I think my life is a mistake in fact, I think that is the best way I can make sense of it, the reason I feel the way I do is maybe because I am not meant to be.

I also feel like I need to find something, but what I am not sure, I also don't know where to look, but maybe I should go places, look and if not find then idk just drink or something till I finally just give up on it all.
somtimes it just feels like it would be easier if i had somebody to talk to give me advice rather then people who just shoot me down and give me unconstructive criticism when im trying my best. so i dont say anything. although i doubt i would be able articulate myself properly anyway atm.
Reply 898
My brain is just saturated. I can't concentrate on anything. I can't think straight. I will end up failing :cry: . I also have a feeling I'll get hospitalised. My appointment with the psychiatrist is on 29 May. I have an exam that day, and the last one the day after. Really doesn't look good :cry: . How I long for last year :cry:

This. My friend just texted asking how I am, I replied saying I was alright. I'm not. But it's easier to say that then to get into an entire conversation about how I'm not, which is what would happen if I was honest and said I wasn't. I'd rather just have a normal conversation.

Not that he replied to my reply

Latest