The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Economics: A591, A592 and A593

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SophF_rth
Thanks :wink: I thought the boundaries were always the same! Are you saying they are not? :O I thought it was :
60% - C
70% - B
80% - A
90% - A*

No problem :smile: and I really don't know, I would assume that all exam boards would standardise to some degree, to allow for harder/easier papers, but I might be mistaken :smile:
Original post by Xenoth
No problem :smile: and I really don't know, I would assume that all exam boards would standardise to some degree, to allow for harder/easier papers, but I might be mistaken :smile:

Oh! I do hope that you are right! But, we'll have to wait a while till we can find out! ;D
Thanks :wink: I thought the boundaries were always the same! Are you saying they are not? :O I thought it was :
60% - C
70% - B
80% - A
90% - A*

Those are the rough estimates, but last year the raw marks were:
A591: A* - 51/60 A - 45/60
A592: A* - 52/60 A - 42/60
A593: A* - 70/80 A - 61/80
Reply 43
Ahh, that's awesome :smile: I feared it was much worse :P haha, thanks so much :smile:
Original post by abbyabz

Ah brilliant thank you! I'm less nervous now! :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by abbyabz

I have a feeling A592 will be lower this year, though...

Thanks for the follow :smile: Sure! Will have to do it later because my laptop doesnt like twitter :frown:

No problem :smile: Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by usycool1
No problem :smile: Thanks! :biggrin:

DONE :biggrin: Hopefully ;P
Reply 47

Really liked the paper, glad with the globalisation definition question due to the fact that I only bothered to learn the first half of them... Kinda of annoyed exchange rates did not come up as I revised them. Someone said the relative poverty question through them, for the first one you needed to use fig.11 which said 60.% of median income, then go on to say its when you can't offered to live the life people in your community live but you can put food on the table and have a bed to sleep in. Cause it was 4 marks to get a little extra in I quoted professor Townsend and said there excluded from ordinary living pattern. For the second part you needed to use figures from the graph as well as using your own knowledge about Greece, if you don't know anything you should no be doing gcse economics:biggrin: lol for the current account on the balance of payments I messed up because I only said the value of exports - imports and forgot to add net investment income and transaction costs... But yeah was a good paper hope everyone done well and good luck with the next exams guys :smile:
Reply 48
It wasn't necessarily embargo or regulations, I don't think :smile: I think they were also looking for other ways to improve the international competitiveness of the country (e.g. budget surplus to reduce inflation, supply sides policies like increase education and training etc.) :smile:
a budget surplus would cause demand pull inflation :s
Reply 49
For the question about putting 2 different ways of reducing the deficit of the current account I put decrease interest rates and subsidies!
Reply 50
Original post by Liamnut

No it wouldnt :s-smilie: it would prevent demand-pull inflation. Think about it...
Reply 51
It wasn't necessarily embargo or regulations, I don't think :smile: I think they were also looking for other ways to improve the international competitiveness of the country (e.g. budget surplus to reduce inflation, supply sides policies like increase education and training etc.) :smile:

Yep I wrote the same as you
Reply 52
Original post by Liamnut

Really liked the paper, glad with the globalisation definition question due to the fact that I only bothered to learn the first half of them... Kinda of annoyed exchange rates did not come up as I revised them. Someone said the relative poverty question through them, for the first one you needed to use fig.11 which said 60.% of median income, then go on to say its when you can't offered to live the life people in your community live but you can put food on the table and have a bed to sleep in. Cause it was 4 marks to get a little extra in I quoted professor Townsend and said there excluded from ordinary living pattern. For the second part you needed to use figures from the graph as well as using your own knowledge about Greece, if you don't know anything you should no be doing gcse economics:biggrin: lol for the current account on the balance of payments I messed up because I only said the value of exports - imports and forgot to add net investment income and transaction costs... But yeah was a good paper hope everyone done well and good luck with the next exams guys :smile:

You don't need to talk about net investment and transaction costs because there were talking about the current account on the balance of payments. If they were talking about the whole current account then you could talk about them
Reply 53
Wait, so for the question about balance of payments deficit was the question about ways to reduce the trade deficit, or the other methods of protectionism?
Reply 54
Original post by milworthy
Wait, so for the question about balance of payments deficit was the question about ways to reduce the trade deficit, or the other methods of protectionism?

Ways to reduce the deficit. Tariffs and quotas are just to reduce imports and they both happen to be protectionist methods. They probably wanted you to think about other ways you could reduce imports or increase exports. Embargo's and Regulations are probably fine if you explained them in the next question though.
Reply 55
Original post by 07oakom
Ways to reduce the deficit. Tariffs and quotas are just to reduce imports and they both happen to be protectionist methods. They probably wanted you to think about other ways you could reduce imports or increase exports. Embargo's and Regulations are probably fine if you explained them in the next question though.

Fine I wrote about suply side policies to improve international competitivity and the interest rate to reduce the exchange rate. Good.
Reply 56
Original post by Liamnut

Would it? With a budget surplus, the government would spend less and increase taxation. This would lead to less people having money in their pockets so demand would decrease, hence reducing demand-pull inflation.

:qed:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 57
Would it? With a budget surplus, the government would spend less and increase taxation. This would lead to less people having money in their pockets so demand would increase, hence reducing demand-pull inflation.

You mean decrease lol and yes, you're right
Reply 58
Would it? With a budget surplus, the government would spend less and increase taxation. This would lead to less people having money in their pockets so demand would increase, hence reducing demand-pull inflation.

yes thats correct, except demand would decrease.
Reply 59
Original post by 07oakom
You mean decrease lol and yes, you're right

Original post by milworthy
yes thats correct, except demand would decrease.

Yup, sorry :colondollar: I've changed it now, thanks for telling me :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending