The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry F321 Exam. - [Next Tuesday[

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100

How comes I don't 'have enough privileges' to download a past paper/ms? It works find for when the attachment shows within the thread, but not when using a link like the above.

Actually it says "lucid3, you do not have permission to access this page."

Also, the link didn't work because you copied and pasted the link with the .....'s. However I tried the full link on page 3 and no luck
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Pride
oh dear, we're meant to know that too?

yes sadly :frown: :frown:
i got a good question pride what is the bond angle of SO3 ?not sure my self and how many lone pair annd bondig pair does it have
is it a trigonal planar?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by otrivine
yes sadly :frown: :frown:
i got a good question pride what is the bond angle of SO3 ?not sure my self and how many lone pair annd bondig pair does it have
is it a trigonal planar?

SO3.

It's got 3 double bonds around the S so trigonal planar. It's strange because technically it has 12 electrons around it instead of 8, expands the octet.
Original post by Pride
SO3.

It's got 3 double bonds around the S so trigonal planar. It's strange because technically it has 12 electrons around it instead of 8, expands the octet.

yes exactly cause i am reading from the book but they said cause it has 3 bonding pairs and no lone pairs it makes it a trigonal planar and bond angle 120
Reply 104
Original post by lucid3
How comes I don't 'have enough privileges' to download a past paper/ms? It works find for when the attachment shows within the thread, but not when using a link like the above.

Actually it says "lucid3, you do not have permission to access this page."

Also, the link didn't work because you copied and pasted the link with the .....'s. However I tried the full link on page 3 and no luck

Apparently this means that the link was deleted by mods. I guess posting a past paper breaks some kind of rule. I found the MS so it's better than nothing. At least I can see what topics came up.
Anyone resitting?
Lets do a quiz !!!
Original post by AlligatorSky
Anyone resitting?

I am resitting
Original post by JuxtaposedJames
I am resitting

Oh, how did you find the January one?
What do you think is going to come up this time.

I am hoping its a medium to hard text with lower boundaries

After experiencing A2 chemistry, hard AS is still easier than easy A2, so the harder the test is, the lower the grade boundaries so hopefully it will be easier to get 80+ UMS

Hopefully the questions will be

Group 7
Group 2
Bond Angles and Electron Structure
A titration with maths equations
Chemical bonding
Periodicity

Also do we have to know about the history of the periodic table?
Oh, how did you find the January one?

Someone sent me the link. However the link as now been disabled as I think it breached site regualtions
Someone sent me the link. However the link as now been disabled as I think it breached site regualtions

Did you not sit it?

And the history of the periodic table wont come.
It hasnt been on any past papers.
Did you not sit it?

And the history of the periodic table wont come.
It hasnt been on any past papers.

I sat jan 2011 and got one mark off an A

I am hoping for near 100 percent this time as I need an A in chemistry for university.
I sat jan 2011 and got one mark off an A

I am hoping for near 100 percent this time as I need an A in chemistry for university.

Aw that sucks, I hate when that happens.
Oh well, good luck.
Aw that sucks, I hate when that happens.
Oh well, good luck.

Cheers and to you to.

Is this the first time you are sitting it

Whats your weakest area?
Cheers and to you to.

Is this the first time you are sitting it

Whats your weakest area?

Nope, I sat it in January, I was like 3 marks off an A.
But the January one was really hard, I dont even know how I got that.

I get really confused by the types of bonding in molecules questions.
But I like the calculation parts.
Nope, I sat it in January, I was like 3 marks off an A.
But the January one was really hard, I dont even know how I got that.

I get really confused by the types of bonding in molecules questions.
But I like the calculation parts.

Types of Bonding

Metallic - Between metals. Large positive lattice with negative delocalised electrons. The greater the charge on the metal ion, the larger the bond. Can conduct electricity
Ionic - Between non metals and metals. Ionic bond defined as electrostatic oppositely attracted ions. High melting and boiling points. Can only conduct electricity in solution.
Giant Covalent - Atoms like carbon and sulfur. Hight melting and boiling points and cannot conduct electricity
Simple Covalent - Cl2 Br2 etc. Only weak van der waal forces between molecules. Boiling points increase the more electrons are surrounding the atom. For example I2 has higher boiling point than Cl2
why can i not go to the link?
can someone send me the link to jan 2012 paper?
xoxox
i sat this exam in january and got a D so i am really gutted and i have resit tomorrow so i would be really grateful
Types of Bonding

Metallic - Between metals. Large positive lattice with negative delocalised electrons. The greater the charge on the metal ion, the larger the bond. Can conduct electricity
Ionic - Between non metals and metals. Ionic bond defined as electrostatic oppositely attracted ions. High melting and boiling points. Can only conduct electricity in solution.
Giant Covalent - Atoms like carbon and sulfur. Hight melting and boiling points and cannot conduct electricity
Simple Covalent - Cl2 Br2 etc. Only weak van der waal forces between molecules. Boiling points increase the more electrons are surrounding the atom. For example I2 has higher boiling point than Cl2

Thank you! :'D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending