The Student Room Group

A level withdrawal confusion

I emailed my centre to withdraw me from exams due to extenuating circumstances and I received an email confirmation yesterday. Just for the sake of my overthinking, I asked does this mean I will not be receiving results this thursday and qualifications from this year and my centre just replied im not sure u will get a certificate. Now I am unsure what a withdrawal even means/ entails. Someone help haha thank you
Original post by sooojin
I emailed my centre to withdraw me from exams due to extenuating circumstances and I received an email confirmation yesterday. Just for the sake of my overthinking, I asked does this mean I will not be receiving results this thursday and qualifications from this year and my centre just replied im not sure u will get a certificate. Now I am unsure what a withdrawal even means/ entails. Someone help haha thank you

Okay, let's start with some basics:
- What qualifications were you taking this year?
- What subjects were these for?
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Okay, let's start with some basics:
- What qualifications were you taking this year?
- What subjects were these for?

Hello, sorry for the late reply. These were AQA OCR and Edexcel A level qualifications for biology , chemistry and maths.
I did not receive any results on thursday.
Original post by sooojin
Hello, sorry for the late reply. These were AQA OCR and Edexcel A level qualifications for biology , chemistry and maths.
I did not receive any results on thursday.
Okay have you spoken to your school? What did they say?

Were you planning to go to uni this year?
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17

Hello, they emailed me beforehand confirming that the awarding organisations have withdrawn my application. And, I was not planning on going to university this year. Thank youu !
Original post by sooojin
Hello, they emailed me beforehand confirming that the awarding organisations have withdrawn my application. And, I was not planning on going to university this year. Thank youu !
Ah I have just caught up on your original message. I've helped a lot of people since last Tuesday.

So is there actually a problem? Or has this all happened as you expected?
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17

No worries, you are a great help. I just had some confusion about whether I was going to recieve a certificate or not before results day but it is all sorted. Thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest