The Student Room Group

Best revision resource for Biology OCR?

Year 11 going into year 12, I was wondering what the best revision resource there is for Biology OCR
I heard the CGP books aren't great, so anyone have any recommendations for any revision guides?
Reply 1
Original post by SFSTZ06
Year 11 going into year 12, I was wondering what the best revision resource there is for Biology OCR
I heard the CGP books aren't great, so anyone have any recommendations for any revision guides?

I just finished a level biology, I did eduqas not ocr but eduqas had very limited resources as it’s not as well known but I found that helped me prepare for exams was to ensure all my notes were thorough after lessons by using the textbooks then making shorter notes on my iPad in separate notebooks on it. Then closer to the exams using physics and maths tutor for questions. I did every question on each topic available and after answering one question I’d mark it write more of what I could have written then answer the next and so on. This ensures you know what the mark scheme is looking for which is insanely important for exams because half of biology is knowing what they want you to say not actually knowing the answers 😂 then as everyone says practice papers practise papers practise papers.
Reply 2
Good luck. Biology is hard work as there is so much content but it’ll open the doors for many courses at university.
Reply 3
Original post by SFSTZ06

I didn’t use a single textbook or look at my notes whilst revising for any of my A-Levels. My revision solely consisted of past paper questions and watching YouTube videos on any topics I found particularly tricky. ‘Biorach’ and ‘Mr Murray’ were the people I watched the most. Mr Murray in particular does question walkthroughs of past papers and even creates his own papers. In terms of past papers and topic related questions you can find that on ‘Physics and Maths tutor.com’. Do not waste your time with passive learning techniques like highlighting and re-reading notes, with a subject biology you need to get used to the formatting of questions early on. There is a lot of content yes but in my opinion it’s not particularly challenging compared to chemistry. Take it with a grain of salt, what worked for me may not work for everyone. For context I did OCR Biology, Chemistry and Economics. Best of Luck, and out of interest what do you plan on studying at university, if you’ve decided yet?
Reply 4
1. SAVE MY EXAMS
2. CGP
3. make flashcards through the topic so goign through the topic make flashcards and when u reach the end of the topic, pratcie past paapers and make flashcards on the most common questions and the questions which u get wrong
4. practice all the pracicee questiosn from the 2017 - 2021 bit on PMT
5. pay attention to practical techniques and validity of reuslts
6. patience is key especially for OCR biology, i did my a level a few weeks ago and ma happy it is over, good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest