The Student Room Group

The Legend of Korra

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
I'm not totally sure if I liked the whole thing about Toph living in the swamp like some old witch-type person. I'm imagining that she has a good reason for choosing to live like that considering she does have friends and family out in the world but I just wonder how much they will go into that.
Pleasantly surprised to see LoK back on again. And the story line seems quite good as of now.
Original post by Luxray
Pleasantly surprised to see LoK back on again. And the story line seems quite good as of now.

Yep, I'm loving it so far! So happy with the quick turnaround time as well haha

Haven't seen the latest episode yet though. :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 223
So episode 4 focuses almost entirely on Tenzin's kids. Its nice to see that I think. Also, Meelo is such a player :tongue:
There's a thread on LoK!?!?!?! :woo::zomg::yikes:
I seriously hope Zhu Li is just a double agent
Been a good series but hope there is another screentime for everyone.
I don't get this why is bolin made to be such a pussy if he wanted to could have just lava bended her whole army into a pit of lava he's kinda OP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 228
Well this weeks episode had filler written all over it. Rather interesting comical take on most of the stories but Varrick's version of the story seems like it belonged in a crazy YouTube video...
Original post by qno2
Well this weeks episode had filler written all over it. Rather interesting comical take on most of the stories but Varrick's version of the story seems like it belonged in a crazy YouTube video...

Yeah I had that thought too!! Though some parts of it I couldn't really pay attention to, because someone in a lecture this morning gave me a major headache!!
Apparently the reason this weeks episode was a clip show was the budget was cut by the producers so they basically had to lose an episode. Nick really has handled the show poorly at least these last two seasons, with the putting it online then suddenly releasing the next season.
I feel sad that the show is coming to an end :frown:
Well I guess it couldn't run forever...they just better make sure its an epic ending.
Anyone seen this weeks episode :yikes:

I still need to watch it but I bet it's brilliant!!! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Also, brilliant series. It's sad that it's ended. Didn't love it quite as much as the original, but that was very high bar to live up to, and I thought they did a great job with it in the end.
Original post by Aku-gila

Spoiler

Also, brilliant series. It's sad that it's ended. Didn't love it quite as much as the original, but that was very high bar to live up to, and I thought they did a great job with it in the end.

The finale was good indeed.
Yeah I think the writers wanted to leave it open to interpretation. I personally think its friendship which is still a form of love.
Reply 235
I must say, I'm quite surprised. I thought that the finale was not going to deliver but it did. It kinda makes up for the interesting but slightly lackluster season (although I still think it was better than season 1 and 2; 3 still has something unique about it that they were not able to replicate in the same way.) I also must commend the animation once again coz the whole massive fight scene(s) looked so good and dynamic.

Knowing how the writer tend to make things like these odd relationships, I think they definitely left it to be ambiguous. There's still quite a few unanswered questions when it comes to relationships for characters in The Last Airbender storyline. I've never been into the whole "shipping" thing for anything and that's not about to change but it was quite hard to look at anything Legend of Korra related on the internet without someone proclaiming that "Korrasammi" was going/needed to happen. The ending did suggest that it was more than a friendship to me atleast. I also loved the whole Varrick and Jhu-Li thing; it was a nice touch.

It is just a shame the it's not coming back for ages, if ever in some shape or form. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 236
So we now have confirmation that Korra and Asami were a thing at the end of the show. I like how its kinda ironic that in the beginning, Mako was the ladies man but by the end he has nobody.

Source: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/12/23/the-legend-of-korra-co-creator-explains-the-finale-and-korrasami
I just finished The last Airbender and started The Legend of Korra. Can't understand all the hate for Korra, so far the series is really good. I mean, pro-bending is probably the best sport I've ever encountered, both in reality and fiction. So far the only thing I'm missing is some genuine characters like Sokka or uncle Iroh.
Original post by Sir Fox
I just finished The last Airbender and started The Legend of Korra. Can't understand all the hate for Korra, so far the series is really good. I mean, pro-bending is probably the best sport I've ever encountered, both in reality and fiction. So far the only thing I'm missing is some genuine characters like Sokka or uncle Iroh.

Is there a lot of hate for it? I thought it was quite well received. I do think they did a lot of things wrong though, but that wasn't entirely their fault. I can't tell you what as that'd be spoiling, so I'll just say that book 1 was excellent, but the ending was not. Why? Because the show was only commissioned for one season, so they had to make do with that. However, they did still do many things wrong without interference from others.

I'd call it like this:

Book 1: 99% good, 1% bad
Book 2: 10% good, 90% bad,
Book 3: 100% good
Book 4: 50% good, 50% bad

And although I laid into Book 2 there, my two favourite episodes of the series were in there.
Original post by xDave-
Is there a lot of hate for it? I thought it was quite well received. I do think they did a lot of things wrong though, but that wasn't entirely their fault. I can't tell you what as that'd be spoiling, so I'll just say that book 1 was excellent, but the ending was not. Why? Because the show was only commissioned for one season, so they had to make do with that. However, they did still do many things wrong without interference from others.

I'd call it like this:

Book 1: 99% good, 1% bad
Book 2: 10% good, 90% bad,
Book 3: 100% good
Book 4: 50% good, 50% bad

And although I laid into Book 2 there, my two favourite episodes of the series were in there.

Beginnings, parts 1 & 2?

Quick Reply

Latest