The Student Room Group

BUSS3 - Thurs 14th June - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beth122
ok so i THINK i've got ARR down now.. using Januarys paper as an example i'm using the figures:
Initial Cost = £10m
Forecast Sales per annum = 30 000 units
Fixed Costs per annum = £1m
Selling price per phone to supermarket = £100

ARR = annual return £2m (30 000 x £100 = 3,000,000 - £1m (fixed costs)
initial cost £10m
= 30%

obviously the sales per annum was a forecast so if using that i'd say it was a prediction.
anyway am i on the right track? i wasnt sure whether to include the variable cost per phone?

You couldn't work ARR out on this paper as it didn't give you variable costs. You could only work out payback which was something stupid like 20 years.
Original post by beth122
ok so i THINK i've got ARR down now.. using Januarys paper as an example i'm using the figures:
Initial Cost = £10m
Forecast Sales per annum = 30 000 units
Fixed Costs per annum = £1m
Selling price per phone to supermarket = £100

ARR = annual return £2m (30 000 x £100 = 3,000,000 - £1m (fixed costs)
initial cost £10m
= 30%

obviously the sales per annum was a forecast so if using that i'd say it was a prediction.
anyway am i on the right track? i wasnt sure whether to include the variable cost per phone?

But other than the variable costs blunder, you got it right!!!
Reply 102
apart from the 10 given formulas, is there any others we need to know
Original post by Sprocket25
Yeah, I've always loved America! Swansea is a top uni, am I right in thinking its right by the beach?! Because that would be awesome!

Yeh it's right by the beach, I get to study at an American University in my second year as well :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by Sprocket25
You couldn't work ARR out on this paper as it didn't give you variable costs. You could only work out payback which was something stupid like 20 years.

i got the answer wrong - i meant 20% not 30!

it included variable costs per phone? which were £50?
Original post by Waki

I recommend Net Profit margin.
Reply 106
Original post by Waki

yes the investment appraisal ones such a Payback Period & Average rate of return

and then what all the formulas mean once you have worked out the answers, plus advantages and disadvantages
Original post by Theturnbull9
Yeh it's right by the beach, I get to study at an American University in my second year as well :smile:

Ahh, that sounds even more appealing! What kind of things are taught in your course? What are the entry requirements?
Reply 108
I've done a few past papers now and I take too long! I can't seem to do them in 1 hour 45, I do them in around 2 hours, going to have to hope I work fast in the exam tomorrow. Either that or I'm going to end up missing out my evaluation on the big question at the end. :colone:
Reply 109
Im just double checking the exams in the afternoon 1.30?

Also why would a current ration be in what considered normal range ie 1:5:1- 2:1 yet acid test be relatively low?
Reply 110
Good luck for tommorow guy's :smile:
wish everyone the best of luck, and remember to EVALUATE throughout not just at the end :wink:
Reply 111
does anyone have the jan 2012 question paper
did lean production and critical path come up, i cant remember, deciding wether to learn it in detail or not...
Reply 112
Original post by Waki
does anyone have the jan 2012 question paper
did lean production and critical path come up, i cant remember, deciding wether to learn it in detail or not...

critical path didn't come up, and neither did lean production i dont think..
Reply 113
A question on Innovation and ARR came up in Jan 12
I think something on Net Present Value and Critical Path will come up

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 114
Npv came up on June 11 do you think it will come up again?
Critical path is so hard to learn! Any advice on how/what to say?
What other things could come up?...

Reply 115
I know this is pretty late but I got 100 ums in this exam in jan.. So if you would like my advice, use every bit of information you possibly can from the text they give you. Honestly, they don't give it you for no reason so use as much as you can! Maths always helps, every little bit of calculations that you could use, put in! Especially in the big question at the end.. A couple of calculations will give you at least 6 marks!! 6 marks for stating and using some of even the simpler calculations!! Oh and evaluate.. For the essays you should evaluate. They love that s***! Go for it guys and GOOD LUCK :biggrin:

Original post by Theturnbull9
Please not Critical Path Analysis.. By the way guys, I always prey that something won't come up and It does, so revise Critical Path Analysis!

Really?!? I would love critical path analysis to come up! And the things that I want to come up don't
My motto that has got me through business exams so far is to put in evaluation "Overall, this is good / bad for profit" - got me through gcse's and As - hoping it works for a2 as well
Reply 118
They wouldn't us fill in a balance sheet would they?

Reply 119
Good luck everyone!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending