The Student Room Group

Edexcel Business GCSE Paper 1 (1BS0/01) - 18th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel GCSE Paper 1 (1BS0/01) - 18th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 18th May 2023 - Afternoon
Length: 1 hour 45 mins

Specification: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Business/2017/specification-and-sample-assessments/gcse-business-spec-2017.pdf

Scroll to see replies

Went well for me!
Reply 2
i feel like those case studies were really bad in comparison to normal
Original post by propergoodman
Went well for me!

Congratulations :smile:
Original post by blueeee3432

Sorry to hear that, how comes?
Reply 5
Yeah I found it actually pretty ok. It was really nice to have that extra 15 minutes as well. Although to be honest, the case studies (especially the first one) where really dull.
Reply 6
How did you guys find the 12 marker
Reply 7
omg what was that exam it was so hard i was so tempted to walk out the hardest business paper i’ve ever done
Reply 8
ibr the case studies were a lil dull especialyl 12 marker wasnt so clear. but everything else was acc klm. even wid those 15 mins the questions were alot i feel sorry for those that done it b4 without that time, mustve been hard

Reply 9
ye the case studies were so boring and hard to write about especially the energy supply one
Original post by Evil Homer

Edexcel GCSE Paper 1 (1BS0/01) - 18th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 18th May 2023 - Afternoon
Length: 1 hour 45 mins

Specification: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Business/2017/specification-and-sample-assessments/gcse-business-spec-2017.pdf

noo i agree like the one option ahout only giving discount to female customers ?? like that’s not gonna be good for equality 😭😭 and i just thought they were stupid examples like who wrote this paper 😭😭
Reply 11
What was the first calculation question again?
Original post by Hinters

can't remember but I got like 0.75 on the first calculation idk how 😭
what a JOKE of an exam WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!! that was horrible
Reply 14
Original post by Hinters

i think it was break even units i got like 2500 units i think around that number anyway
Reply 15
hardest business exam bro i usually always get grade 9s in business but this time i dont feel confident im getting a 9 cus of the case studies i waffled so much
Reply 16
To be fair, i did think that the last 12 marker was a bit of a curve ball but I think I pretty much aced it because I think all it wanted was you to acknowledged that some potential customers might have valued the fact that the company produced green energy (product) whereas other customers might value the price more.
Reply 17
Original post by tallqueen212
can't remember but I got like 0.75 on the first calculation idk how 😭

I think you might have got to multiply it by 100 to calculate the percentage.
Reply 18
Original post by S7YPE
To be fair, i did think that the last 12 marker was a bit of a curve ball but I think I pretty much aced it because I think all it wanted was you to acknowledged that some potential customers might have valued the fact that the company produced green energy (product) whereas other customers might value the price more.

ye for the 12 marker i wrote price may not be important and promotion may be important to help with promoting the use of like green energy and stuff like that but u know for the 9 marker about how the uk government help small business and the 2 options were reduce tax or free training what did u put?
Original post by Lil Sumi
i think it was break even units i got like 2500 units i think around that number anyway

it was 2600

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending