The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
i hate this unit. Any question predictions/things to learn especially well??
Original post by becky465

I think there will be a big question on hardy weinberg/inheritance.
Original post by laurengirl

In what way?
On the conditions needed for Hardy-Weinberg?
Reply 383
Original post by becky465

i would say hardy weinburg and the genetics part... especially the questions on how can you tell the gene was on x chromosome etc...

also the 5 markers last time were on atp and respiration etc so this time it may well be time for succsession/productvity/ intensive farming/nitrogen

but dont take my word for it....
Reply 384

Me too... there was a suspicous lack of hardy weinberg in the january paper
It's a shame that i hate it with a passion and usually get the answer wrong!:thumbdown:
Original post by ankd3
you know the formula net productivity= gross productivity - respiration loss

well they as you to find gross productivity as 20 degrees at medium intensity!

you rearrange the equation to get gross prod = net prod + respiration loss

so at 20c medium intensity respiration is 0.4 and net prod is 2.4

so 0.4 + 2.4 = 2.8 :biggrin:

(net prod is effectively net rate of photosynthesis)
hope it helped

Definetly helped! thanks :top:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by Insanity514
I think you're both looking at the wrong scale. The respiration scale is on the right hand side not the left.

Thanks, you were right :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Hey guys... do we need to know PSII and PSI because there is no mention of it in the official AQA book but it is mentioned in the CGP one
Original post by . .
Obviously wasn't that easy or you wouldn't be resitting would you?

And for the record that is a lie because 65 = full UMS so you wouldn't be resitting.

hahaha. just assumed i was resitting did you... our school only does it in june.
Original post by canthardlywait
In what way?
On the conditions needed for Hardy-Weinberg?

Just a tricky calculation with lots of useless information in the question to throw you off track as usual :smile:
Also the conditions and expectations :smile:
Original post by drlesliechoi
Hey guys... do we need to know PSII and PSI because there is no mention of it in the official AQA book but it is mentioned in the CGP one

I don't think so; it's not on the specification, I always check the specification to make sure I know what I need to know :tongue:
good luck evry1 and make sure u stay calm in d exam and dont rush it but also dont be too slow and dont just talk and talk answer the question then go to the next one lol thats my advice after getting an e in jan i wasnt calm at all plus i hav to say it hit all of my weaknesses lol quite funny anyway gud luk ;D
Reply 392
Original post by NightBear
I don't think so; it's not on the specification, I always check the specification to make sure I know what I need to know :tongue:

think you can say "light hits photosystem 1 bla bla bla" or "light hits chlorophyll a etc" either is fine. The mark schemes dont mind either way
Reply 393
Original post by Revisionbug
good luck evry1 and make sure u stay calm in d exam and dont rush it but also dont be too slow and dont just talk and talk answer the question then go to the next one lol thats my advice after getting an e in jan i wasnt calm at all plus i hav to say it hit all of my weaknesses lol quite funny anyway gud luk ;D

Good luck to you too! Im sure you'll smash it this time round :smile: I'm also retaking, hopefully we'll do much better second time round!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 394
Just a tricky calculation with lots of useless information in the question to throw you off track as usual :smile:
Also the conditions and expectations :smile:

Sorry but what do you mean by conditions and expectations? Is that the same as no mutations, immigration, emmigration and natural selection & that it won't change from generation to generation? Or are they different things? I have a feeling I just answered my own question lol
Reply 395
Original post by i.want.it.now
hahaha. just assumed i was resitting did you... our school only does it in june.

Lets see if you can keep this optimism going till the end of tomorrow.
Reply 396
Original post by nasira372
Name 2 ways of measuring abundance. State the advantages and disadvantages?

1) count number of individuals
2) Estimate percentage cover within a quadrat

advt: allows rapid data collection and useful is species abundance is hard to distinguish

disadvt : ??? help anyone?
Reply 397
Original post by drlesliechoi

I've seen it in an old spec question.
Original post by . .
Lets see if you can keep this optimism going till the end of tomorrow.

Lol :colone:
Reply 399
what's the difference between p^2 and p again? (in Hardy-weinberg calculation)

Latest

Trending

Trending