The Student Room Group

Study Leave - GCSE 2023

Are any of you guys getting Study Leave? My school have said from the 15th June - at which point I have 1 exam left. What's the point of that? I've finished all my courses (except Bio, which there is one lesson left which I already covered for mocks). Is there a point to going in? Should I stay at home instead?
Original post by will_iphotograph
Are any of you guys getting Study Leave? My school have said from the 15th June - at which point I have 1 exam left. What's the point of that? I've finished all my courses (except Bio, which there is one lesson left which I already covered for mocks). Is there a point to going in? Should I stay at home instead?

15th June? That's a waste, usually the latest I've seen is after May half-term or students are flat out not given any study leave.
Reply 2
mine starts on the 15th of may

It's so annoying, most of my exams are gonna be over by the time I get study leave. Such a waste. I was thinking of only coming in for my exams then going home, then i realised that obviously we wouldn't be allowed to just go back home. So yeah, i would stay home if i had the choice but it's not possible. :frown:
Reply 4

Might it be a typo? Have you asked whether they mean May?
Original post by Muttley79
Might it be a typo? Have you asked whether they mean May?

I wish - I went to my Head of Year yesterday and she confirmed it was June
Reply 6
I don’t know if it counts as study leave however after half term, we get to go home after our morning exams if we have no other exams scheduled in the afternoon
It sucks yea, we have it on May 5th, one day before Biology paper 1. In december we got so much more time and I think this would be the time most people would want to revise at home anyway - school is dragging because all we do is exam questions and since I've also done a photography exam, we have 5 hours each week where I have been doing nothing.

I literally got mine just now :frown: it is a waste tbh cos there are only 2 exams left for me on Friday... Study leave for maths yesterday felt nice but also felt pointless so ik what you mean.

Quick Reply

Latest