So, q^2 =0.49
q=0.7

p+q=1
p=0.3
2pq=2*0.3*0.7=0.42

Where do the the 0.7 and 0.3 come from? :/
Reply 581
Original post by failingatm
I said they were genuinely interested in results rather than having vested interests, and that they'd publish their results whereas private companies would keep them to themselves/hidden.

Yeah! I said it was more for environmental research than economic gains.. Kinda the same thing?:s-smilie:
Reply 582
Original post by royraymondo
42% anyone for the Hardy Weinberg?

Yep

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by James A
Wat did you lot put for the volume of co2 produced for the respiration of seeds question

I put 4 =/
Reply 584
Original post by James A
Wat did you lot put for the volume of co2 produced for the respiration of seeds question

Guessed this, and put 5. I assumed that the KOH would absorb all of the CO2 released. :headfire:
Reply 585
Original post by Charter
Yeah! I said it was more for environmental research than economic gains.. Kinda the same thing?:s-smilie:

Yeah should be fine. :bigsmile:
Original post by jacky1
Yeah 41. Something but I reckon they'll allow range...
****kkkk though will need to get 106 ums in module 5 if I want my A

I got 41 but I know what I did was wrong I thought p^2=0.51 which is wrong i flopped that question
Original post by swiftylol
I put 4 =/

same
Reply 588
Yikes, I'm glad there was so much environmental stuff because I lost so many marks on the mamoter question, I really didn't like it!

For biofuels stuff I put

Petroleum is the common place fuel currently so it's the logical comparison of the standard to beat

We know the carbon dioxide levels released during the use of petroleum so it's an easy comparison?

And then

Environmental scientists would work it out for the benefit of the environment rather than their own company.

And that the government standardises it so no company is favoured over the other..

Kind of the same point twice.
Well, that petroleum question was hard.

What did everyone put for the question where it asked about why the cellulose had to be pre-treated?
Reply 590
Generally I didn't think it was overly bad! There was some pretty intense application, but nothing hugely challenging? Some of it was common sense and a lot of it seemed like biochemistry :s-smilie: The last 3five-markers were pretty tame?
Reply 591
Original post by swiftylol

Original post by failingatm

Original post by Charter
six..

LOOOL.

This seems like a much harder exam than Jan12!
Hope you guys did well.
I am not sure about this paper but It doesnt seem like I did that well =/ silly mistakes defo cost me 3 marks. I dont want to imagine where else I flopped.
Reply 593
Original post by NightBear

What did everyone put for the question where it asked about why the cellulose had to be pre-treated?

I made up something along the lines of it released glucose, used in glycolysis, anaerobic conditions and stuff? Something like so the pyruvate can accept a hydrogen from NADH and lose a CO2... I basically just said glucose produced and then described glycolysis :L
Reply 594
Original post by Charter
Ah, didn't read the question thoroughly :/ do you think marks will be gained for an error of 49.98? So for the equations p + q = 1 etc?

Sorry to tell you, unlikely, aqa is harsh on this kind of maths
Original post by Charter
Generally I didn't think it was overly bad! There was some pretty intense application, but nothing hugely challenging? Some of it was common sense and a lot of it seemed like biochemistry :s-smilie: The last 3five-markers were pretty tame?

Didn't like the agricultural crop question :/
For the range question of depths question I subtracted the two values and got 1.2m rather than putting 8.4-7.6 or whatever it was...
Reply 597
Original post by NightBear

I said because cellulose is a complex structure there wouldn't be enough ATP in anaerobic conditions to break it down so glycolysis can occur.. But I'm not sure of that's right
Reply 598
What are people's predictions for grade boundaries?
Reply 599
Original post by H2SO4
Sorry to tell you, unlikely, aqa is harsh on this kind of maths

It was three marks though wasn't it? You'd think they'd realise that candidates would do that, I know about 10% of people probably did - not even 1 mark out of three? :O they would for chemistry!

Latest

Trending

Trending