The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rizzy J
Hey thought I'd make a thread for the JUNE 2012 AQA BIOLOGY UNIT 4 (BIOL4) exam in a couple of weeks.
Feel free to share notes/tips/materials/questions and thoughts on the exam.

Just started revising for this unit now, shouldn't be too hard I mostly need to work on exam technique :smile:
Reply 2
Haven't started revising yet, just so lazy and U4 is so boring don't even want to open the book and read and learn anything:frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94
Just started revising for this unit now, shouldn't be too hard I mostly need to work on exam technique :smile:

same here. I did this exam in january and messed up because I didn't know how to do the paper!
How're you brushing up on exam technique? Any tips??
I'm so lost cos teacher said there wasn't any gaps in my knowledge...
Original post by Rizzy J
Haven't started revising yet, just so lazy and U4 is so boring don't even want to open the book and read and learn anything:frown:

Well said! :yy:

Only respiration / photosynthesis / genetics (towards the end) made Unit 4 bearable for me - there was just too much ecology! :colondollar:
Reply 5
anyone find the specimen paper ridiculously ambiguous :frown:
Reply 6
Not resitting it, doing it for first time. My school doesn't do January exams, which is good. SO many people screw up in January, seems pointless to do it then. May as well do it in summer.
Reply 7
heyy :smile:
im resitting too and cannnot bring myself to go over the whole unit again :frown:
does anyone have the jan2012 paper for unit4?
xxxxx
Reply 8
Original post by sofiaj
heyy :smile:
im resitting too and cannnot bring myself to go over the whole unit again :frown:
does anyone have the jan2012 paper for unit4?
xxxxx

http://www.school-portal.co.uk/GroupDownloadFile.asp?GroupID=870318&ResourceId=4497804

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=135846&d=1331386803
How are you guys revising this? I'm resitting and don't really want to go through the whole unit AGAIN! :smile:
Can someone please give me some advice on how to tackle this paper. I thought i knew the stuff, but when i got onto the past papers .. they seemed incredibly difficult. Same thing happened in January, I don't know how to handle this paper!
Reply 12
whats the difference between the light independent/dependent reactions and non cyclic photophospohorylation
Reply 13
Non cyclic phosphorylation is a part of light dependent stage :redface: :/ confused

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191
Reply 14
Ah im doing it for the first time too! My sixth form does unit 5 in Jan first..and then unit 4 in June, how are you finding the revsion?

Reply 15
Original post by ds4143
Ah im doing it for the first time too! My sixth form does unit 5 in Jan first..and then unit 4 in June, how are you finding the revsion?

I didnt think you could do unit 5 in jan?
Reply 16
Original post by jessplease
I didnt think you could do unit 5 in jan?

Ooh you defo can coz I did it in Jan :biggrin:...but in that paper one question had a unit 4 question in it -.- so i couldnt answer it

Original post by ds4143
Ooh you defo can coz I did it in Jan :biggrin:...but in that paper one question had a unit 4 question in it -.- so i couldnt answer it

Are you definitley doing AQA?
Reply 18
Original post by canthardlywait
Are you definitley doing AQA?

LOL oops sorry im OCR got confused -.-

Reply 19
Original post by ds4143
LOL oops sorry im OCR got confused -.-

Lol aww, i got soo confused aha