The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 2 24 May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Wow, i did 2/28= Ans x 34 = 2.42857.... And i wrote 2.42 as my answer not 2.43... Would i get the full 3 marks?
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
are you not happy with how it went?

Not at all! I pretty much wrote electrolysis for every question I didn't know the answer to (practically half the exam -_-). How was yours? :biggrin:
Original post by kkkkkatie
for the question that was like 'why if the temp is increased does the yield decrease?' was the answer because the reaction is exothermic

Yes it was because the highest yield is when the temp is low
Original post by kILLERm
This is my guess...

A*= 38
A = 35
B = 29
C = 23

I can't see them being extremely low. Mainly due to the fact that it wasn't very difficult. I believe it's a goodbye to 100ums.

All june exams for chem have 32 A*.
Original post by ryazd
it was not 2.43

it was 4.85g

you have to divide 2 by 14 then times it by 2 because of the molar ratio

then you multiplied that by 17

What you did wrong was that 17 is ammonie, there were two molecules of ammonie so you would times it by 34 not 17. I think. The answer is 2.43.
Original post by kman123456
Wow, i did 2/28= Ans x 34 = 2.42857.... And i wrote 2.42 as my answer not 2.43... Would i get the full 3 marks?

Yeah you will. Dont worry.
Reply 186
Original post by tssf_skye
has anyone got the unoffical mark scheme/predicted grade boundaries? i know it's probably somewhere on this thread but i can't seem to find it

Seconded! (for my sister...haha!)
Reply 187
The question about why manufacturers do not increase pressure....

i wrote that it is a compromise between yield and the rate of reaction...if this right?
Reply 188
I actually found this exam really hard and I've been getting about 40/45 in the mocks, but I know I've lost about 10 already in this. We need to get an unofficial mark scheme going :u:
Original post by AkhiMohamed
All june exams for chem have 32 A*.

Yeah, people are talking about other C2 exams that were of the same standard, yet 38 was an A*... but these exams were sat by the triple science classes... so the grade boundaries will be harsher as they are better at science (generally)
Reply 190
Original post by Joeldamole
but these exams were sat by the triple science classes (genrally)

No? I'm additional science and I did it
Reply 191
Original post by kkkkkatie
Yes i'm so happy i wrote 2.43 for the ammonia!!!!!!!!!!11

Would they accept 2.4 ?????????????????????
Reply 192
Original post by Matt0496
I actually found this exam really hard and I've been getting about 40/45 in the mocks, but I know I've lost about 10 already in this. We need to get an unofficial mark scheme going :u:

SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;(
Reply 193
pm me your answers + questions if u know / question number and i make a mark scheme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will put Dedicated names if you do send me them!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 194
Original post by A193
Would they accept 2.4 ?????????????????????

i put 2.4
Reply 195
Original post by saq96

i wrote that it is a compromise between yield and the rate of reaction...if this right?

No thats temperature LOL u had to say cuz its more expensive/dangerous at higher pressure
are WE GONNA HAVE A MARKSCHEME or not
Reply 197
I want one too :frown:
Reply 198
Original post by saq96

Its dangerous and costs a lot to maintain high pressures.
Reply 199
[QUOTE="daniya12;37732182"]
Original post by Zahirajavaid
How can u make that solution to a solid?

you would evaporate it, to rid the water

The question was how do you turn a solution of something into a solid.

Evaporation/crystalisation is to get crystal like salt, they wanted condensed/cooled

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending