The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B456 12 June?

Hey!
Anyone else doing this exam?? How are you revising? Anyone have any good notes/websites to share?

Thank you :smile: Very much appreciated :smile:

Its GCSE by the way :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing it!

This is how I am revising:
For each of the three sections, write out the most important details from revision guide on powerpoint, then condense it all down to a page of essential notes. Do the past paper questions for that section, and the revision summary in the revision guide :smile:

Nervous for these exams though - haven't really enjoyed science this year.
Original post by goodmorningworld
I'm doing it!

This is how I am revising:
For each of the three sections, write out the most important details from revision guide on powerpoint, then condense it all down to a page of essential notes. Do the past paper questions for that section, and the revision summary in the revision guide :smile:

Nervous for these exams though - haven't really enjoyed science this year.

Thats a really good idea! Thanks :smile:

I am just going over my weakest areas - basically the whole of module 5!!

What do we need to know about the kidney, because i have a diagram in my book called 'Nephron' but i dont know if we need to know that for the exam?
Yeah, we need to know that part :smile: The function of the nephron and all that :/
B5 is my worst part too! The rest is OK, just the kidney and stuff like that!
How's your revision going?
Original post by goodmorningworld
Yeah, we need to know that part :smile: The function of the nephron and all that :/
B5 is my worst part too! The rest is OK, just the kidney and stuff like that!
How's your revision going?

Oh great, i was revising the kidney yesterday and i get it but i dont have a clue about this nephron thing, i'll do that tomorrow :/

I know i hate B5!! Its going okay, thanks. I've got this, then Chemistry exam a few days later, then Geog few days after that (last exam - phew!), so yeah just trying to juggle all these, which is not easy!! :frown: Im going over B5 but need to b4 and 6 aswell great!

How about you? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by cardigansandjeans
Thats a really good idea! Thanks :smile:

I am just going over my weakest areas - basically the whole of module 5!!

What do we need to know about the kidney, because i have a diagram in my book called 'Nephron' but i dont know if we need to know that for the exam?

http://www.khanacademy.org/science/biology/v/the-kidney-and-nephron

Should cover it adequately :smile: Website is brilliant over all :biggrin:

I'm also doing the exams, I'm revising by past papers and quizzing myself :smile:
It may be a bit late now, but this book is perfect:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gateway-Science-Biology-Revision-Guide/dp/0435675486/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338985314&sr=8-1

I'm doing a retake after a weak A (80 UMS) last year.
Time to get revenge...:cool:

P.S What did you guys get for B1B2B3?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by trifidpaw
http://www.khanacademy.org/science/biology/v/the-kidney-and-nephron

Should cover it adequately :smile: Website is brilliant over all :biggrin:

I'm also doing the exams, I'm revising by past papers and quizzing myself :smile:

Wow, this website is really good! Yes, same past papers and testing myself after i have gone over a topic. I cant believe the exam is so near and i still have loads to do! :frown:

Original post by QuantumSuicide
It may be a bit late now, but this book is perfect:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gateway-Science-Biology-Revision-Guide/dp/0435675486/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338985314&sr=8-1

I'm doing a retake after a weak A (80 UMS) last year.
Time to get revenge...:cool:

P.S What did you guys get for B1B2B3?

Haha yeah, bit late, but it looks good! For B123 i got a low a :frown: so i really need to get a good grade for this..... :frown: What about you?
Wow, this website is really good! Yes, same past papers and testing myself after i have gone over a topic. I cant believe the exam is so near and i still have loads to do! :frown:

Haha yeah, bit late, but it looks good! For B123 i got a low a :frown: so i really need to get a good grade for this..... :frown: What about you?

I did it in year 9 as my first GCSE and got an A* (93 UMS). It was a bit of a surprise but I did work hard for it.
I'm sure you can get a good grade; just work hard and remember to relax. Stress doesn't do anyone good.
Original post by QuantumSuicide
I did it in year 9 as my first GCSE and got an A* (93 UMS). It was a bit of a surprise but I did work hard for it.
I'm sure you can get a good grade; just work hard and remember to relax. Stress doesn't do anyone good.

Wow that's amazing in year 9! Thank you, good advice, taken on board! :wink:
Wow that's amazing in year 9! Thank you, good advice, taken on board! :wink:

No problemo :smile:. Only five days left until the exam. Good luck with your revision and good luck for the exam.
Oh great, i was revising the kidney yesterday and i get it but i dont have a clue about this nephron thing, i'll do that tomorrow :/

I know i hate B5!! Its going okay, thanks. I've got this, then Chemistry exam a few days later, then Geog few days after that (last exam - phew!), so yeah just trying to juggle all these, which is not easy!! :frown: Im going over B5 but need to b4 and 6 aswell great!

How about you? :smile:

Yep same ive got chemistry a few days later and then geography which I'm finding really hard to revise for seeing as there's so much case studies
Biology revision is going pretty well but I'm kinda sick and tired of it right now
Do you not have physics exam too after geography?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by TheUnderCOVER
Yep same ive got chemistry a few days later and then geography which I'm finding really hard to revise for seeing as there's so much case studies
Biology revision is going pretty well but I'm kinda sick and tired of it right now
Do you not have physics exam too after geography?

Yeah me too, i just want to get it over and done with but i have still got loads to revise! No, thankfully not, i did my physics last year! Our school made us do all the core stuff, then gave us the option of doing separates at the end of year 9, so in year 10 we had to do B123, C123, P123 exams which was annoying as we had done C1B1P1 C2B2P2 exams already! We did physics 456 last year, and biology and chemistry this year. Have you physics as well, i feel for you....
Yeah me too, i just want to get it over and done with but i have still got loads to revise! No, thankfully not, i did my physics last year! Our school made us do all the core stuff, then gave us the option of doing separates at the end of year 9, so in year 10 we had to do B123, C123, P123 exams which was annoying as we had done C1B1P1 C2B2P2 exams already! We did physics 456 last year, and biology and chemistry this year. Have you physics as well, i feel for you....

Aha thats lucky! I'm really dreading physics, find P6 soo hard, don't understand a word of the higher stuff soo yep this exam should be fun(!) lol
What do you think will come up?
Reply 15
I have this exam too! And I have chemistry on Friday, history, geography, Maths, physics and German all next week -.-
In just reading though stuff at the moment, but I can't seem to remember stuff about the hormones and blood groups :frown:

Original post by KatiexZoe
I have this exam too! And I have chemistry on Friday, history, geography, Maths, physics and German all next week -.-
In just reading though stuff at the moment, but I can't seem to remember stuff about the hormones and blood groups :frown:

What bits about hormones? I know, blood groups are annoying, i dont get it :/
What bits about hormones? I know, blood groups are annoying, i dont get it :/

Menstrual cycle: FSH, LH, oestrogen, progesterone etc.
Adrenaline makes the heart beat faster...
Pituitary gland...
Growth hormone > dwarfism, giantism
Anti-diuretic hormone.
The cgp books help imessenly. Today im just doing past papers and reading over the cgp book. What are the things likely to come up?
And guys i have three powerpoints that should be useful for revision. http://www.multiupload.co.uk/LJH3PQ4HJM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending