The Student Room Group

burnt out for paper 2s

does anyone else feel tired after the paper 1s? its so hard for me to focus cuz part of me feels very prepared so ive been constantly procrastinating and i dont feel the same fear for papers as i did for the paper 1s. is this just me?
Yes, it's natural. But for me going into the Paper 2s has been reassuring. For your first paper, you never know how it's going to go and are expecting the worst. By the second, the shock of capture is gone. I'd prefer to be a bit burnt out than a nervous wreck like I was for the paper 1s.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by TheHungryBadger
Yes, it's natural. But for me going into the Paper 2s has been reassuring. For your first paper, you never know how it's going to go and are expecting the worst. By the second, the shock of capture is gone. I'd prefer to be a bit burnt out than a nervous wreck like I was for the paper 1s.

as someone who messes up due to stress, i totally get u. but sometimes ngl i feel like stress is my motivator. its not the healthiest one but it is the main one and idk how i can get thru to the 16th of june w/o it yk
Reply 3
I agree with the fact that stress is also my motivator. But honestly speaking for my paper 1s I was way too relaxed in the exam hall. I was stressing about my GCSEs back in year 9 way more than I am now. It might sound a bit vague but it's all due to the non-existent motivation. during half term, absolutely no revision was done by me. ill honestly be surprised if I get straight As like I hoped to get. Although most exams went well, it's just maths paper 1 Edexcel higher that put me off. However, I'm so happy about paper 2 in maths today. still, cba to study for biology tho, though I'm legit here procrastinating searching through history and maths reviews from today's exams on this website.

Original post by j3ssica jon3s
as someone who messes up due to stress, i totally get u. but sometimes ngl i feel like stress is my motivator. its not the healthiest one but it is the main one and idk how i can get thru to the 16th of june w/o it yk
Reply 4
Original post by sunatilki
I agree with the fact that stress is also my motivator. But honestly speaking for my paper 1s I was way too relaxed in the exam hall. I was stressing about my GCSEs back in year 9 way more than I am now. It might sound a bit vague but it's all due to the non-existent motivation. during half term, absolutely no revision was done by me. ill honestly be surprised if I get straight As like I hoped to get. Although most exams went well, it's just maths paper 1 Edexcel higher that put me off. However, I'm so happy about paper 2 in maths today. still, cba to study for biology tho, though I'm legit here procrastinating searching through history and maths reviews from today's exams on this website.

shut up i related to the whole looking for reviews a little too hard 💀. i have bio too i jope that goes well cuz p1 wasnt that great ngl. r u doing the igcse regional papers?
Reply 5
Yes totally get you on the procrastinating man. It's humbling to say this but even now I find myself avoiding biology revision when biology is literally tomorrow. it's fine ill start soon since I just came back from a revision session recently. Also, I'm not doing an igcse program, I'm doing GCSEs and for bio, I do ocr gateway. Honestly hope for the best for us bothhh

Original post by j3ssica jon3s
shut up i related to the whole looking for reviews a little too hard 💀. i have bio too i jope that goes well cuz p1 wasnt that great ngl. r u doing the igcse regional papers?
Reply 6
Original post by sunatilki
Yes totally get you on the procrastinating man. It's humbling to say this but even now I find myself avoiding biology revision when biology is literally tomorrow. it's fine ill start soon since I just came back from a revision session recently. Also, I'm not doing an igcse program, I'm doing GCSEs and for bio, I do ocr gateway. Honestly hope for the best for us bothhh

yes 😭 good luck bestie

Quick Reply

Latest