The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B456 12 June?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mill13
I put there would be less air movement so the water particles would remain close to the stomata and so there would be less of a concentration gradient from inside the leaf to outside and so transpiration would slow... And that the humidity may increase, slowing transpiration too... But I have no idea if that's right or not! :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that's right :smile:
Reply 181
Original post by mQureshi
I said that ecstasy triggers more ADH production, and so more water is reabsorbed by the kidney and so less urine is produced and it is more concentrated!

Exactly what I put :biggrin:
Reply 182
Did anyone get 3cm for the transpiration-plastic bag question?

My friend came out of the exam and we'd written the exact same thing, it was quite spooky.
Original post by zangorou
Did anyone get 3cm for the transpiration-plastic bag question?

My friend came out of the exam and we'd written the exact same thing, it was quite spooky.

Thats weird cuz i put 3cm as well....
Reply 184
what was the genetic lung condition? i put asthma
Reply 185
Original post by Mill13
Me too :smile: - so did my twin, weird...

Oh wow haha, lets hope we're all right :biggrin:
Reply 186
Original post by -james-95

I think the answer they were looking for was cystic fibrosis, but some people have said they'll probably allow asthma, but idk
Reply 187
How did people find it? Any guesses on grade boundaries... I'm guessing about 43/60 for an A*?? What was the answer to the question on why cholera doesn't spread quickly? :smile:
Reply 188
Original post by Mill13
Me too :smile: - so did my twin, weird...

I put 3.5cm... I think it just had to be less?! What did people say for the Kidney & Liver one as well on urea... as in the reasons?!
Reply 189
Original post by mQureshi
For that one I said that the ladybirds ate other organisms instead of the greenfly..

I wrote that too.
Reply 190
Original post by tech10
I put 3.5cm... I think it just had to be less?! What did people say for the Kidney & Liver one as well on urea... as in the reasons?!

I put 3.5cm and one of my friends wrote 3cm, I agree, I *think* that it has to be less.

Liver produces urea
Kidneys excrete urea

^that's what I wrote anyway. :smile: I hope I get the marks for that, coming to think of it my answer was quite short so idk :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 191
Original post by TheUnderCOVER
Yepp that's what I put, I just wasn't sure if ADH made it reabsorb MORE water or LESS but Yayy my guess was right :biggrin:

Lol, woo! :biggrin:
Original post by tech10
How did people find it? Any guesses on grade boundaries... I'm guessing about 43/60 for an A*?? What was the answer to the question on why cholera doesn't spread quickly? :smile:

It's because the chlolera has to release toxins before symptoms start to show I think :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by KatiexZoe
It's because the chlolera has to release toxins before symptoms start to show I think :smile:

Yes, the incubation period. 1 mark?
Reply 194
Original post by KatiexZoe

Oh good I wrote that! :P Guessed... but it was 2 marks wasn't it? What do you reckon the Grade boundary for an A* will be?
Original post by QuantumSuicide
I wrote the ladybird may be the wrong species.

No, I'm 100% sure ladybirds eat aphids. :/
I wrote that they only reduce the number of pests and that it was time consuming... Something about having to train something... :s-smilie:
Original post by -james-95

I was going to put asthma, but it's an allergy isn't it?
So I put bronchitis, because I couldn't think of anything else. No marks for me... >_<
Original post by jo7777
I said the complete opposite. :eek:
I said that Paul was wrong because the value between 30 and 35 could rise a little bit in between, so you would need more accurate findings to a smaller scale.
Now that I think about it you're right! Ah well that's another few marks gone...

I DID THAT TOO!! :')
I got all technical like it would drop down steeply after the optimum temperature, and that at 35 it had only decreased a little, so the optimum temperature must actually be a little higher than 30...
Original post by jessieRAWR
I was going to put asthma, but it's an allergy isn't it?
So I put bronchitis, because I couldn't think of anything else. No marks for me... >_<

I got cystic fibrosis. Asthma is definitely wrong...
Original post by QuantumSuicide
Yes, the incubation period. 1 mark?

I believe so :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending