The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

How Good is Staffordshire University REALLYY???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ellewills
Hey, Staffordshire is my 2nd choice but it's looking highly likely that's where I'll be going... I've also applied for psychology with counselling :smile:

Hey i may see you there then :smile:
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 21
For what it's worth I have just finished my Masters in Counselling at Staffs and really enjoyed it there.

I guess it depends on what else you want from going to uni - if you want the night life then yes there are the bog-standards clubs/bars but you'd get a much better night out (with more choice) in Manchester.

I live in Stoke and am a *cough* "mature" student so the bars etc didn't appeal to me anyway.

Stoke does have some culture but it needs a lot of money throwing at it as it seems to have been neglected. Plus I think people live in the past a bit - it used to be THE place for pottery/ceramic but that industry is dying now and I don't think some people can let it go :s-smilie:

That said, the people are dead friendly and it's a fairly small place so if you like to bump into people that you know quite a lot then it will suit you :wink:
Staffs is a great uni. Any university experience is what you make it yourself, not everything is on your door step but easily accessible by foot, bus and train. I'm in my 3rd year on a placement and I absolutely love it here, I've made the most of everything. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
Hey I was thinking of going staffs uni (staffs campus ) for games design, I went to the open day and it was kl, what I wanted to know was about the night life and stuff is there nice girls there if I'm gonna be there for a while I wanna know that much at least and be as honest as you can please I just wanna know
Original post by Disaranno jay
Hey I was thinking of going staffs uni (staffs campus ) for games design, I went to the open day and it was kl, what I wanted to know was about the night life and stuff is there nice girls there if I'm gonna be there for a while I wanna know that much at least and be as honest as you can please I just wanna know

Which of their games design courses are you applying for? They have a couple.
The one they have been running for a few years H132 computer games design
The one they have been running for a few years H132 computer games design

Oh cool, I'm looking at their Comuter Gameplay Design and Production course... their games courses are Skillset accredited which would be a bonus after uni if you're applying for any games jobs in the EU :smile:
Nice we might end up being in the same accommodation righteous
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
I live in Stafford and a few of my friends did psychology/english/rs type degrees at the stoke campus. As a rule generally the people who went didn't enjoy their course and said it was rubbish that whenthe modules are released u have to sign up on the day else you miss it (this however was a year or two ago so could of changed by now) and end up with the modules you're not interested in. Stoke is rubbish nightlife, Stafford's even worse. The only good things i've heard about the uni are their media/computing courses. Imo it's pants but i'd highly recommend you visiting because everyone is different and what I think is pants you might think is fab :smile: good luck x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 29

Two clubs in Stafford one , couture, is for 16-19 range anyone older tends to go to casa. There are buses to stoke which is mildly better. As a straight girl i dont really kno about girls but imo the lads are either munters or far too young/underage. Depends what you like. However, if you're doing a computing/media course stafford has a really good rep for that so depends if u want nightlife or good course?

Really my main priority is the course but a lil night life doesn't hurt
Really my main priority is the course but a lil night life doesn't hurt

If you are based at Stafford, you are not far on the train from Bham, and I'm sure that the Staffs campus puts buses on to nights out in Wolverhampton too.
Reply 32
Yeah there's buses to stoke and wolves for their nights, stafford has a few bars that are good too and like the above poster says its only 40 mins on the fast trains to lpool/birms so you can get the first ones back inthe morn if u want a big night out!

how was your experience of game designing in staff uni..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending