The Student Room Group

Staffordshire university midwifery 2024/25

How many people applied to Midwifery for this year, were invited to an interview, and were offered a place? How long did you have to wait?
Reply 1
Hi, I interviewed on the 11th March and was offered a place on the 22nd :-) Ive also been offered a place at Wolverhampton University, I am not sure what to choose yet
Original post by SEM007
Hi, I interviewed on the 11th March and was offered a place on the 22nd :-) Ive also been offered a place at Wolverhampton University, I am not sure what to choose yet

Hi! Congratulations that's absolutely awesome!

I was interviewed on the 14th of march and am waiting for a response, still. Hopefully I'll get one soon.

Did Wolverhampton seem just as good as Staffordshire?
Reply 3
Original post by KrazyKhady24434
Hi! Congratulations that's absolutely awesome!
I was interviewed on the 14th of march and am waiting for a response, still. Hopefully I'll get one soon.
Did Wolverhampton seem just as good as Staffordshire?

Thank you. Fingers crossed for you. I know the wait time is different for a lot of people, another person I know got offered a place after two days.

Yes, Wolverhampton did seem just as good. I will make my choice based on the structure of the course and how traffic is and how easy it is to park now. I keep getting mixed answers about the structure of the course at Staffordshire
Original post by SEM007
Thank you. Fingers crossed for you. I know the wait time is different for a lot of people, another person I know got offered a place after two days.
Yes, Wolverhampton did seem just as good. I will make my choice based on the structure of the course and how traffic is and how easy it is to park now. I keep getting mixed answers about the structure of the course at Staffordshire

Thank you so much. Honestly, I was upbeat after the interview, but then the wait has me losing courage. I know some people get offered almost last minute, but I just have a feeling. You know? I've been offered places on courses at Staffordshire, that I will be able to find a route into midwifery after the three years, but I don't want to make definite decisions yet.

Ah! That's true. It's so imperative to know all the nooks and crannies of the course, traffic and parking. I do hope you're able to come to a choice and do really well with the course!
Reply 5
Thank you so much. Honestly, I was upbeat after the interview, but then the wait has me losing courage. I know some people get offered almost last minute, but I just have a feeling. You know? I've been offered places on courses at Staffordshire, that I will be able to find a route into midwifery after the three years, but I don't want to make definite decisions yet.
Ah! That's true. It's so imperative to know all the nooks and crannies of the course, traffic and parking. I do hope you're able to come to a choice and do really well with the course!

Ah, don't lose hope, have you applied and interviewed anywhere else?
What courses have you been offered a place on?
I am just finding it difficult to get a definitive answer about course structure, Ill have to take a drive to to universities at the time id be driving to determine traffic haha. Ive got children so it will make a big difference to my day LOL
Original post by SEM007
Ah, don't lose hope, have you applied and interviewed anywhere else?
What courses have you been offered a place on?
I am just finding it difficult to get a definitive answer about course structure, Ill have to take a drive to to universities at the time id be driving to determine traffic haha. Ive got children so it will make a big difference to my day LOL

I've haven't applied to another uni, as all my choices were courses in staffs. I've applied to child nursing, health and social care, adult nursing, midwifery and early years. But I pulled out of early years after realising it was a post graduate course. The rest I have unconditional offers for, but the one I really want is midwifery. I'll just have to hold out hope.

Yea, that sounds like a good idea. Not going to lie, the drive to staffs is a bit awkward. Lots of narrow roads. But the scenery is absolutely stunning.

And that's lovely! How many children do you have? If you don't mind me asking.
Reply 7
I've haven't applied to another uni, as all my choices were courses in staffs. I've applied to child nursing, health and social care, adult nursing, midwifery and early years. But I pulled out of early years after realising it was a post graduate course. The rest I have unconditional offers for, but the one I really want is midwifery. I'll just have to hold out hope.
Yea, that sounds like a good idea. Not going to lie, the drive to staffs is a bit awkward. Lots of narrow roads. But the scenery is absolutely stunning.
And that's lovely! How many children do you have? If you don't mind me asking.

Thats amazing on getting offers for all of the others, that shows you’ve definitely got what they are looking for. I wouldn’t recommend Health and Social Care, I have a degree in Health and Social care and it will get me jobs and opportunities a level 3 in Health and Social care will, I find its to broad of a degree, if you'd want to do midwifery afterwards it would likely be a waste of money, thats my experience, I could have gotten onto this Midwifery degree with my level 3. Just a thought to ponder.

Do you know what the parking is like at Staffs?

I have two girls, my youngest is 15, so they are big girls now, but I still have to do the school run.x
Original post by SEM007
Thats amazing on getting offers for all of the others, that shows you’ve definitely got what they are looking for. I wouldn’t recommend Health and Social Care, I have a degree in Health and Social care and it will get me jobs and opportunities a level 3 in Health and Social care will, I find its to broad of a degree, if you'd want to do midwifery afterwards it would likely be a waste of money, thats my experience, I could have gotten onto this Midwifery degree with my level 3. Just a thought to ponder.
Do you know what the parking is like at Staffs?
I have two girls, my youngest is 15, so they are big girls now, but I still have to do the school run.x

Thank you so much. 😢

Health and social care was a fail safe, in case I didn't score other offers, so I'm so damn chuffed that i got a few others. Still haven't received any responses about midwifery, then again, we have just come from holiday and there is still a month. I can wait and hope a little more. 🙏

The parking on the Staffordshire campus isn't too bad. Since it is the university's smaller campus, there is just one big car park. The day I went for my interview was a Thursday out of holiday, making it a busier day, and the car park wasn't really overcrowded. But don't take my word for it. With new students coming in, there will probably be more taken spots. I hope this helps if you haven't gone and visited the campus yet!

Oh my! That's so lovely. You're an absolute soldier.
Reply 9
Thank you so much. 😢
Health and social care was a fail safe, in case I didn't score other offers, so I'm so damn chuffed that i got a few others. Still haven't received any responses about midwifery, then again, we have just come from holiday and there is still a month. I can wait and hope a little more. 🙏
The parking on the Staffordshire campus isn't too bad. Since it is the university's smaller campus, there is just one big car park. The day I went for my interview was a Thursday out of holiday, making it a busier day, and the car park wasn't really overcrowded. But don't take my word for it. With new students coming in, there will probably be more taken spots. I hope this helps if you haven't gone and visited the campus yet!
Oh my! That's so lovely. You're an absolute soldier.

Bless you, thank you? Have you heard back?
Original post by SEM007
Bless you, thank you? Have you heard back?

You're welcome! And yeah, I heard back. Unfortunately, I didn't make the course. The feedback I got was that I answered questions well, but could have expanded on the role of a midwife and the qualities they need to possess. Which, is true and I realised it a week or so before I got the response, so I was ready. 😜

I accepted the unconditional offer for child nursing, though! Rather excited for that!!
Reply 11
You're welcome! And yeah, I heard back. Unfortunately, I didn't make the course. The feedback I got was that I answered questions well, but could have expanded on the role of a midwife and the qualities they need to possess. Which, is true and I realised it a week or so before I got the response, so I was ready. 😜
I accepted the unconditional offer for child nursing, though! Rather excited for that!!

Well done, sounds like you were so close. Congratulations on your child nursing that will be amazing. Also, I wonder how the allocate the places they have offered to people if people don’t accept them? I dont think I am going to accost my place at Stafford for instance.x
Original post by SEM007
Well done, sounds like you were so close. Congratulations on your child nursing that will be amazing. Also, I wonder how the allocate the places they have offered to people if people don’t accept them? I dont think I am going to accost my place at Stafford for instance.x

Thank you so much. Honestly, it was pulling at my wits, but I was glad to have an answer and make a choice.

Honestly...I wonder that, too. I know they have a pool of applicants that meet the criteria and have all the points required, but are offered based off first priority applicant responses. Perhaps the next one in line will get your spot. As soon as a space empties, it'll be filled.

Does Wolverhampton have your heart, then? I really hope you enjoy whichever you pick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending