The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry C4,C5,C6- June 15th

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what the answer was the qeustion on coulombs and the mass of the cathode?
Reply 81
Original post by Starrstruck
Does anyone know what the answer was the qeustion on coulombs and the mass of the cathode?

I think the question was what was the mass of the Anode at the end of the 1st reaction. It started off a 2.20g I think and it said the cathode gained 0.12g and they gave you numbers to pick from and I got the answer 2.08g. What did everyone else get?
Original post by Lilbixxie
I think the question was what was the mass of the Anode at the end of the 1st reaction. It started off a 2.20g I think and it said the cathode gained 0.12g and they gave you numbers to pick from and I got the answer 2.08g. What did everyone else get?

I got 2.08g, not sure it was right though.
Usually, an A is approximately 34-39. An A* would be around 46/60. (Last year it was 44).
Original post by Above.The.Empyrean
Usually, an A is approximately 34-39. An A* would be around 46/60. (Last year it was 44).

Yes, but due to the relative ease of the exam i expect grade boundaries to shoot up.

Yeah I said 2.08g. But what about the question after that with the coulombs?
Reply 86
Original post by Starrstruck
Yeah I said 2.08g. But what about the question after that with the coulombs?

It asked how many colombs needed for the cathode to gain 0.48g and I think you had to use te table they gave you which gave you 0.24, find how many colombs that was and them double it but I don't knowif it's right yet :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by robynelisabeth
I actually found this one hard, lots of the things Id really focused my revision on didn't come up. does anyone have any ideas what mark you'd need for an A?

Omgg samee here i didnt think i dont think i did amazingly well... but it think it was mediocre i dont think it was the easiest paper lol
Reply 88
Original post by zangorou
The calculation one? I swear it was more than that!

I think the answer is 1440, because you had to convert the time (which was given in minutes) into seconds.
Original post by zeezee180
Omgg samee here i didnt think i dont think i did amazingly well... but it think it was mediocre i dont think it was the easiest paper lol

yeah, hoping last years score and cw ca bring my grade up
Someone please upload an unofficial mark scheme. Pleaseeeee:smile:

I got that too:smile:
Reply 92
Can anyone remember what they put for the tick boxes one for the contact process? It confused my so i just put the 2nd one down :/ I actually found it quite hard
Reply 93
Original post by sarah-lo
Can anyone remember what they put for the tick boxes one for the contact process? It confused my so i just put the 2nd one down :/ I actually found it quite hard

That's what I put, and I'm pretty sure its right so well done!
Reply 94
Original post by milworthy
That's what I put, and I'm pretty sure its right so well done!

Really?! I hope so, how did you find it?
Reply 95
Really?! I hope so, how did you find it?

I thought it was about the same as all the other papers in terms of difficulty-nothing too surprising! And pretty much all of the questions that came up had already ben in past papers and so I was overall pretty pleased. You?
Reply 96
I'm not sure to be honest :/ I keep thinking I've answered all of the questions wrong, but i did my best :smile: what did you get for the calculation ones? I found them difficult and looking on here i think i did them wrong :frown:
Reply 97
What did everyone get for the one about the moles?
Reply 98
What did everyone get for the one about the moles?

For the concentration of moles I got 0.75 moles of carbon and can't remember the other one :s-smilie:
Reply 99
I'm not sure to be honest :/ I keep thinking I've answered all of the questions wrong, but i did my best :smile: what did you get for the calculation ones? I found them difficult and looking on here i think i did them wrong :frown:

I got for the ammonium sulphate one, 132 then 21.2 %. I got 1440 for the coulombs question, and 2.08g on the cathode for electrolysis. I think that the moles of oxygen was 0.025 and the moles of CO2 was 0.00075. Were there any other calculations? And don't worry you'll probably have done better than you expected!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending