The Student Room Group

aiming for all 9s

ive been feeling really unmotivated since the start of year 11 and would like to turn things around, especially with my mock scores as I was really disappointed. Hopefully, on results day, I'll be the opposite and I'm trying to hold myself accountable by starting this as I can really procrastinate sometimes.
Please share some tips to help.

My current revision:

I would like to stick to my current revision schedule and try to stay responsible and at least wake up at 6.00am on school days and 7.00 on weekends + holidays plus sleep earlier for better sleep at, at least 11.00

English:
Practicing essays + memorising quotes analysis on each character or theme

Maths:
Past papers or topic questions

French:
Vocab + for writing, I have a grammar book and target 9 book and past papers are efficient!

Science:
Anki + accesstution and PMT for topic qs + past papers

History:
Past papers + questions on each topic

Geography:

Please support me throughout this journey and I will try my best to stay consistent :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
TODAY: 4th Jan 2024
It is currently 6.40 lmao and I haven't done any revision today but I'll try to do some now-

Finish off poem revision

AIC revision

and if I have time, hopefully, do a math paper

Original post by nrbl
ive been feeling really unmotivated since the start of year 11 and would like to turn things around, especially with my mock scores as I was really disappointed. Hopefully, on results day, I'll be the opposite and I'm trying to hold myself accountable by starting this as I can really procrastinate sometimes.

My current revision:

I would like to stick to my current revision schedule and try to stay responsible and at least wake up at 6.00am on school days and 7.00 on weekends + holidays plus sleep earlier for better sleep at, at least 11.00

English:

Maths:

French:
Vocab + for writing, I have a grammar book and target 9 book and past papers are efficient!

Science:

History:

Geography:

Please support me throughout this journey and I will try my best to stay consistent :smile:

Hey @nrbl ,

This sounds like a great plan and I love how you planned how you are going to revise for each subject to help reach your goals!

Good luck and all the best!!

Which is your favourite subject so far?

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 3
hii im lowkey the same so maybe we can try motivate eachother i only did a maths past paper today 😔
Reply 4
Today 5th Jan 2024:
Hoping to get these done and by the end of the day will tick off:

FINALLY finish off my english revision (UPDATE: finished inspector calls and will try to finish off poetry tonight!) + make it into posters ( UPDATE: WILL PROBABLY do this tomorrow ☹️ ) for my mocks next week ☹️

Do 2 geography papers (UPDATE: done 🙂 )

Do 2 french writing papers ( UPDATE: couldn't do unfortunately but more tomorrow!)

Do a maths paper and try to get my revision organised! ( UPDATE: FINISHED 1 maths paper and will try to get more of my revision sorted)
Watch some videos on unseen poetry and have a go! (UPDATE: NEED TO DO TOMORROW)

Get my 2024 vision board done ( totally recommend these, they are so motivating) (UPDATE: yeah no, I think I will have to find time after my mocks!)

(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by ymj
hii im lowkey the same so maybe we can try motivate eachother i only did a maths past paper today 😔

ahhh but thats still a step in the right direction, have you tried using pomodoro timers? They work for me, plus I think the anxiety is crawling back so thats helping me to work better, and try not to lose sight of your goals! Take rests but remember to also work hard in order to get those breaks and try to reward yourself! lets motivate each other because please, I really need some, but doing a hobby on the side helps me to keep busy and not watch endless hours of Netflix shows
Reply 6
Original post by University of Kent
Hey @nrbl ,

This sounds like a great plan and I love how you planned how you are going to revise for each subject to help reach your goals!

Good luck and all the best!!

Which is your favourite subject so far?

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Thank you so much for the kind words! I dont actually know what my favourite subject is, but I think perhaps Maths as it is the most interesting, tysm!
Reply 7
Today 6th Jan 2024:
Feeling the pressure!

Finish all my poems for english and make my revision to mindmaps!

3 French Writing papers

Sort out Maths revision

1 Geography Paper hopefully 🙂

Original post by nrbl

My current revision:

English:

Maths:

French:

Science:

History:

Geography:

hello! that sounds great, good luck! I was wondering, how are you finding doing both geo and history together? I’m choosing my gcses and need some help!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 9
Today 7th Jan- DAY BEFORE MOCKS!

Revise, Revise, Revise English + Memorise

Practice French

Practice Unseen

HOPEFULLY IT GOES WELL
Reply 10
Original post by waffelton
Hello! Do you want this to be moved to the grow your grades forum?

Hiya! Yes please, thank you!
Reply 11
Original post by FlyingSquirrel10
hello! that sounds great, good luck! I was wondering, how are you finding doing both geo and history together? I’m choosing my gcses and need some help!

Hiya, thanks for the kind words! I didnt actually have a choice lmao, I had to pick both but I find both really interesting at times and both are quite content heavy so they are actually quite similar and both have long exam type questions. For me, I find that I can't really choose a favourite between the two as with both, I quite enjoy when I understand 🙂 But I think, History is a bit more interesting with the Cold war topic and Germany however, in Geography, the fieldwork trip was pretty cool and you get to learn more about other countries in case studies and its maybe a bit easier for me. Good luck in choosing your gcses!
Reply 12
Today 8th Jan:
MOCK went okay, I think I made some time management issue but gotta keep grinding!

2022-2019 Maths Past papers

Watch a few videos on bearings, enlargements, wordy grade 9 and really hard questions

Original post by nrbl
Today 5th Jan 2024:
Hoping to get these done and by the end of the day will tick off:

FINALLY finish off my english revision (UPDATE: finished inspector calls and will try to finish off poetry tonight!) + make it into posters ( UPDATE: WILL PROBABLY do this tomorrow ☹️ ) for my mocks next week ☹️

Do 2 geography papers (UPDATE: done 🙂 )

Do 2 french writing papers ( UPDATE: couldn't do unfortunately but more tomorrow!)

Do a maths paper and try to get my revision organised! ( UPDATE: FINISHED 1 maths paper and will try to get more of my revision sorted)
Watch some videos on unseen poetry and have a go! (UPDATE: NEED TO DO TOMORROW)

Get my 2024 vision board done ( totally recommend these, they are so motivating) (UPDATE: yeah no, I think I will have to find time after my mocks!)

what is a vision board? what r u gonna put on it?
Reply 14
Hi, I've got mocks next week and I think I'm screwed as I only did a little bit of maths in the holidays. Do you mind if I write what last minute cramming I'm doing?
Hi Guyss! Im good at most of the subjects but I don't really understand how to study for english literature.
Im doing eduqas
Jekyll & Hyde
Romeo and juliet
An Inspector calls
Poetry anthology
Please give me some tips!
Thanx!!! xxx
Reply 16
Today 9th Jan:
Maths went alright today, I think I need some more practice & sleep until geography 🙂

Some anki flashcards of physics forces! and maybe some chem flashcards 🙂

Watch some geography topic videos + walkthrough

SLEEP EARLY! 🙂
Reply 17
Original post by 2064
Hi, I've got mocks next week and I think I'm screwed as I only did a little bit of maths in the holidays. Do you mind if I write what last minute cramming I'm doing?

Hi, no problem! I hope your revision goes well and good luck! dont put yourself under too much stress 🙂
Reply 18
Original post by Supipi Rajapakse
Hi Guyss! Im good at most of the subjects but I don't really understand how to study for english literature.
Im doing eduqas
Jekyll & Hyde
Romeo and juliet
An Inspector calls
Poetry anthology
Please give me some tips!
Thanx!!! xxx

Hiya! I would recommend Mr Bruff, Mr Salles and Stacey Reay for english revision as they were really helpful for me for my mock and they help you reach high grades! Good luck!
Reply 19
Jan 9
I have like 1 1/2 hrs of revison time I can reasonably do:

Biology posters - food tests, enzymes in the body locations, plants use of nutrients. Then do practice questions on Bio on cognito website (done but I just feel stupid)

Revise how to rearrange harder formulas and circle eqs again (did rearranging formulas)

Do some arabic flashcards (10 mins) (nope)

May be a lot but some on this list is better than nothing
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending