The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C4 [June 14th] Discussion

How's everyone feeling? Less than a week till the exam. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm feeling ok... really want an A* though so a bit worried. :/ You?
Reply 2
Just a bit worried about the comprehension, but I need an A*.
Paper A should be fine though.
Reply 3
What kinda mark should you be getting on Paper A if you're looking at getting an A*? No idea where to find UMS for A* on OCR MEI, not as simple as AQA! :frown:

Also, the same question for C3 minus the coursework? :smile:
Reply 4
im getting quite nervous! vectors, parametrics and trig are the worst. it all sucks. are you doing any practise comprehensions before the exam? it seems like a bit of a waste of time, but im not sure....
Reply 5
i think, and i may be wrong about this so don't quote me, but it's around 78/90 +/- a couple marks to get 90 UMS in c4 and i think 66/72 ish for 90 in c3.

i'm worried about the comprehension - my marks are ridiculously variable, some i do well in, others i don't. i've never got over 16/18 though
Reply 6
I think it will go ok...not looking forward to vectors or comp. :frown:
Not much preparation you can do the the comp is there?
Reply 7
Okay thanks :smile: Sounds quite high for C3 but I suppose thats what you need for an A*. :/

Exactly the same here on the comprehension, it can be awful or really good! :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Amy-Rose
What kinda mark should you be getting on Paper A if you're looking at getting an A*? No idea where to find UMS for A* on OCR MEI, not as simple as AQA! :frown:

Also, the same question for C3 minus the coursework? :smile:

C3 is slightly complicated, but C4:

Jan 09 - 83/90
Jun 09 - 75/90
Jan 10 - 82/90
Jun 10 - 77/90
Jan 11 - 80/90
Jun 11 - 70/90
Jan 12 - 72/90

For 90 UMS.
Reply 9
Original post by gymrat
C3 is slightly complicated, but C4:

Jan 09 - 83/90
Jun 09 - 75/90
Jan 10 - 82/90
Jun 10 - 77/90
Jan 11 - 80/90
Jun 11 - 70/90
Jan 12 - 72/90

For 90 UMS.

Well I know its nothing to assume, but I'm certainly liking the lower boundaries for June exams..! Although January this year was a killer paper I'll admit. Thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 10
ergh January's papers was outrageous
Reply 11
LOL, I havent even started the pastpapers yet. I am ROYALLY screwed.
Reply 12
So worried abt the comprehension paper !!! Paper A is good I only lose a few silly marks ... But paper B .. Not sure hope sth nice come up this year :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 13
Well I know its nothing to assume, but I'm certainly liking the lower boundaries for June exams..! Although January this year was a killer paper I'll admit. Thanks a lot :smile:

Did that paper for mock and got an A lol. Last question was the best ! Show that show that ! Cuz u know whether u got it right or not :smile:

Reply 14
Original post by xiyangliu
Did that paper for mock and got an A lol. Last question was the best ! Show that show that ! Cuz u know whether u got it right or not :smile:

It was the headlight question that got me. :')
Reply 15

June is always lower which I find helpful :biggrin:
Reply 16
I'm so nervous! They've made parametric section B questions so horrible. Bleugh
I need an A* too :frown: I got 85 UMS in C3 so I am retaking that, but ideally I hope this goes well because I don't have time to do much for C3 with my other exams.
I am dreading the comprehension so badly, and I hope silly mistakes don't occur because you can't afford to lose any marks in Paper A given the unpredictable Paper B (I liked the Sudoku comprehension but didn't dig the others). I just hope this paper is a good one!

Good luck everyone!
Reply 18
The comprehension is really worrying me, the first 72 marks aren't that bad (except vectors, hate vectors) but the comprehension is absolute filth, only need 84UMS for an A* but even now I'm not convinced I'm going to get that, ergh
I feel sooo stupid i cant get any marks on comprehension =S

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending