The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 (1MA1 1) - 8th November 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 8th Nov 2023/ AM
Length: 1h 30m

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

I’m actually so shocked and dumbfounded by how much harder that exam was compared to the summer series. Am I the only one? I definitely flopped that paper! Hopefully I can bring it up in paper 2 and 3. Does anyone have any last minute cramming tips? I desperately need a five and judging by that paper I will barely get a 4.
Reply 2
Original post by oliviaroseb26
I’m actually so shocked and dumbfounded by how much harder that exam was compared to the summer series. Am I the only one? I definitely flopped that paper! Hopefully I can bring it up in paper 2 and 3. Does anyone have any last minute cramming tips? I desperately need a five and judging by that paper I will barely get a 4.

my friend also found it very hard compared to the summer. what was ur last question?
Reply 3
It was too hard harder that one in June
Idont answer most of the questions
I’m disappointed
Reply 4
Original post by Pwca

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

General Information

Good luck!

it was easier than the summer one, only a few questions were difficult
Original post by pawelk6
it was easier than the summer one, only a few questions were difficult

Do u know what u got for the box plot question?. The one where it asked to estimate the number of days fewer than 1200 cars passed
(edited 5 months ago)

lol last question was a bit tricky and the one invloving cos A liek how am i supposed to knwo what root 7 over 5 is
Original post by diamondkilla23
Do u know what u got for the box plot question?. The one where it asked to estimate the number of days fewer than 1200 cars passed

I put 60 but I sincerely doubt that was correct! haha.
Original post by katiline
Did any of you find that one question about Chloe making scrunchies difficult? And if so what was your answer? Otherwise it wasn't that much of a hard paper for me

Weird! I didn't have a question like that? did you do 1MA1 Edexcel Higher?
Original post by adam123456u
lol last question was a bit tricky and the one invloving cos A liek how am i supposed to knwo what root 7 over 5 is

How’d you find the whole higher papet
Original post by adam123456u

How’ d you find the higher resit paper?
Reply 11
I found the paper hard and I'm scared I messed it up.
Reply 12
I put 60 but I sincerely doubt that was correct! haha.

I put 60 as well.
Reply 13
Original post by Pwca

General Information

Good luck!

Lads what did you get for the books and shelf’s question? I got 2800 I think.
Reply 14
I have heard that the Edexcel GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 and 2 are available somewhere on The Student Room? Anyone seen it able to provide link or copy of it please to review it. TIA
Original post by Yubraj91
I have heard that the Edexcel GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 and 2 are available somewhere on The Student Room? Anyone seen it able to provide link or copy of it please to review it. TIA

Yes, someone please link this it would be very useful.
Original post by Fantasticmrfoxie
How’ d you find the higher resit paper?

Paper 1 was really hard, paper 2 was ok but im anxious cus i missed a few marks due to time and its KILLING ME INTERNALLY, i need to like smash paper 3, i need that 7 bro. What do u think the minumum total marks will be for a 6?
Original post by metallic-creek
Paper 1 was really hard, paper 2 was ok but im anxious cus i missed a few marks due to time and its KILLING ME INTERNALLY, i need to like smash paper 3, i need that 7 bro. What do u think the minumum total marks will be for a 6?

I feel like it should be similar to the summer one but maybe since everyone's finding paper 1 hard it could be lower? and I know paper 1 was terrible I hated it and I too need a 7. I think it should be 112 more or less by mark for a 6 and it was a 145 last time for a 7 so maybe the exact same or even 140 if they're lower
Original post by Fantasticmrfoxie
I feel like it should be similar to the summer one but maybe since everyone's finding paper 1 hard it could be lower? and I know paper 1 was terrible I hated it and I too need a 7. I think it should be 112 more or less by mark for a 6 and it was a 145 last time for a 7 so maybe the exact same or even 140 if they're lower

hopefully lower🙏 im so upset cus there was some vectors q on paper 2 that i wasnt able to do so im really hoping to smash it tomorrow like i refuse to not get at least a 6 and thank you so much. how did u find paper 2? Good luck for tomorrow as well!
Reply 19
Original post by metallic-creek

I’m surprised that a lot of people found paper 1 hard; it seemed quite easy, especially compared to paper 3.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending