The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Mathematics Paper 1 [6th June 2023] Unofficial Markscheme

Hi everyone,

Below is the unofficial markscheme created by some of our users. This is a resource to help any user who would like to get a better idea of how they might have done. Thanks to @Nicholson1882 for organising and our wonderful community for contributing! See below
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's important to note that this is in no way the actual mark scheme and there is no way to validate these answers. This answers were put together by a small group of students and could be inaccurate. Please use caution when look at these.
(edited 10 months ago)
Please feel free to use this thread to discuss and debate the answers if you feel they may be inaccurate. Best of luck with all of your revision.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
thx!
Reply 6
Original post by mathsstudent222
100% for me
What a paper.

You cannot possibly know that - the official markscheme isn't even online for teachers yet
Reply 7
I think the roller coaster Q was out of 7
Reply 8
77 for me i reckon - hope the grade boundaries aren't to harsh but i'm not getting my hopes up
Original post by Muttley79
You cannot possibly know that - the official markscheme isn't even online for teachers yet

I guess you are correct!
Question 8 doesn't look right. It gives part b) k=2/3 or 20, but as the series is converging, k would have to be less than 1, therefore is 2/3 not 20
Original post by Bookworm524
Question 8 doesn't look right. It gives part b) k=2/3 or 20, but as the series is converging, k would have to be less than 1, therefore is 2/3 not 20

You misunderstand.
k is not the "Common Ratio"
When k=20 is put into the formula for r you get something between -1 and 1
For k=2/3, mod r was greater than 1
Reply 12

as the series is converging, |r| < 1, and k = 20 is the value that satisfies this when you calculate r
Reply 13

in question 9b, do they not typically require to specify the domain of the function?
guys I think I got around mid 50 marks, do you think this could be an A

i made that mistake then realised about 10 mins before exam ended and i fixed it thankfully. k=20 gives an r<1
Reply 16
Anyone know how to get to the stage answer only one that’s bothering me beacuse i can’t do it?
Original post by Josh085673
Anyone know how to get to the stage answer only one that’s bothering me beacuse i can’t do it?

area of circle with radian formula
then triangels with 1/2 ab sin c
Reply 18
Original post by vkayy
in question 9b, do they not typically require to specify the domain of the function?

Yeah a domain is needed but I dont think it’s even 3
Reply 19
Original post by Loztta
Yeah a domain is needed but I dont think it’s even 3

yea, unless they gave one mark for algebraic manipulation and one mark for the domain

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending