The Student Room Group

PE in school - loved it or hated it?

Scroll to see replies

Well I'm decent enough at sport and enjoy many but in year 7 I was very unfit (better now, but still unfit for cross country) so I got put in the bottom set. So I hated being in the bottom set because they were almost all completely incompetent - but I enjoyed and do still enjoy doing sport.
usually liked it. except in primary school in the winter... we didn't have a sports kit we had to run around in vest and knickers freezing our pants off (not literally luckily)... in secondary school i liked it but depends on the sport... not really a fan of football though playing it is a hell of a lot better than watching it. my faves were rounders, tennis, badminton and netball. loathed sports day though... i got pulled in to do the 1800m two consecutive years... ffs never again. 300m was ok... or was it 400? can't remember. i think i won though!

oh i loved dodgeball too... and not just because it was the perfect opportunity to lob balls at the person i didn't like :colone:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 162
Original post by hassi94
Well I'm decent enough at sport and enjoy many but in year 7 I was very unfit (better now, but still unfit for cross country) so I got put in the bottom set. So I hated being in the bottom set because they were almost all completely incompetent - but I enjoyed and do still enjoy doing sport.

I remember teachers at my school saying the PE classes were "mixed ability" - which was absolute *******s since all the incompetent ones were placed together in one group and the athletes were placed in another -.-'
Original post by OU Student
Did anyone's school make them bring in their kit when they weren't doing PE? They were pissed off when I bought in a note excusing me from PE for 3 weeks and I refused to bring my PE kit in. If I'm not doing PE, why do I need my kit? :s-smilie:

Our school did this! Even if you had a valid reason not to do PE they still made you bring in your kit and get changed, never understood it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending