The Student Room Group

New Spec AQA Biology B1 (Unit 1) Exam: June 12th 2012

Scroll to see replies

I only wrote that it reduces symptoms.. It was only one mark dont think you need that much detail :s-smilie:
Original post by RohanV
For the question which asked "WHy dont painkilers cure a diesase" If I wrote because Painkillers CURE the symptons of a disease, would that still get me one mark as I mentioned the word cure and I did not mention the word only?

Yes I think so because it's the same as saying they RELIEVE, the symptoms of a disease but do not destroy the pathogen. Which is what I put:smile:
Original post by Dora97
Noo :frown: Preparing myself for a D

I'm sure you wouldn't have done that bad.
Can you do retakes in your school ?
Then don't worry about it :smile:
Original post by Shad-A
What???!!??

I feel like I have skipped/missed a page in that exam? Was there any question about countries suffering malnutrition or anything like that???!!??

No, don't worry there was nothing got to do with countries suffering malnutrition.:tongue:
Reply 204
Ok guys nearly got an unofficial mark scheme, however the questions are not in order I will post it tommorow, I also might be missing one or two questions.... Anybody know what the answer was on why should the man finish his antibiotic course?
Reply 205
Original post by RohanV
Ok guys nearly got an unofficial mark scheme, however the questions are not in order I will post it tommorow, I also might be missing one or two questions.... Anybody know what the answer was on why should the man finish his antibiotic course?

Mutation in bacteria strains are caused due to unfinished courses or overuse. Because of this the bacteria will get immune to the antibiotic and a new antibiotic needs to be developed since it can spread around causing other people to catch it. Other people can also not be cured do to no immunity and no antibiotics being developed.
Original post by dapter444
what did people write for the reasons why the beaks of the finches got longer?:s-smilie:
I didn't have a clue for that one and just wrote random ****

I wrote about the mutations in the gene. then varation. lived longer. old enough to reproduce pass on gene.
Reply 207
Original post by Crystallouise99
I'm sure you wouldn't have done that bad.
Can you do retakes in your school ?
Then don't worry about it :smile:

I was almost crying by the end, I found it so hard, and I'd got A*'s in my practice papers.
I think we can, my cousin is in Year 11 at my school and she retook Unit 1 Maths later.
Reply 208
Original post by Shad-A
Mutation in bacteria strains are caused due to unfinished courses or overuse. Because of this the bacteria will get immune to the antibiotic and a new antibiotic needs to be developed since it can spread around causing other people to catch it. Other people can also not be cured do to no immunity and no antibiotics being developed.

Do you think I will get the marks for saying "To stop the remaining bacteria to reproduce making him ill again" and also what where the other questions on that page and the page next to it. I think thats all I need for the mark scheme :P
Reply 209
Original post by Dora97
Noo :frown: Preparing myself for a D

I know same here :frown:
Original post by RohanV
Do you think I will get the marks for saying "To stop the remaining bacteria to reproduce making him ill again" and also what where the other questions on that page and the page next to it. I think thats all I need for the mark scheme :P

:s-smilie:Didn't it say use the information from the graph though.:confused:
Reply 211
:s-smilie:Didn't it say use the information from the graph though.:confused:

THe graph just showed that their was some bacteria left inside the person
Original post by Dora97
I was almost crying by the end, I found it so hard, and I'd got A*'s in my practice papers.
I think we can, my cousin is in Year 11 at my school and she retook Unit 1 Maths later.

Ahh, don't worry, just try and get A* or As in your chemistry or physics.*hugs*

Wish you luck with your chemistry and physics.:biggrin:
Reply 213
Can anyone tell me what the other questions where on the same page and the next for the question which asked why the person should finish his antibiotic cause so I can post the unofficial mark scheme
Original post by RohanV
THe graph just showed that their was some bacteria left inside the person

Can't you write the answer by using data from the graph .:frown:
Reply 215
Can't you write the answer by using data from the graph .:frown:

Thats what I did I wrote the person should not stop taking his antibiotics course as their are still bacteria in his body which could reproduce
Reply 216
Original post by RohanV

i think it may of been that after 4 days not all of the bacteria had been removed from his body so if he stopped taking them the would reproduce again and he would become sick again
Original post by mattmcc
i think it may of been that after 4 days not all of the bacteria had been removed from his body so if he stopped taking them the would reproduce again and he would become sick again

How many marks was that question?
Reply 218
Someone said there was a question on homostatis, did i miss a page or were they talking about a different paper? :s-smilie:
Reply 219
Ahh, don't worry, just try and get A* or As in your chemistry or physics.*hugs*

Wish you luck with your chemistry and physics.:biggrin:

Thank you, you too!

Praying that grade boundaries are abnormally low this year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending