The Student Room Group

New Spec AQA Biology B1 (Unit 1) Exam: June 12th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
To answer the questions people asked about whether you can retake, you can't. My physics teacher, also an examinations officer for our school said it is impossible.
Reply 241
Original post by RohanV
If anyone wants to help me figure out what all the questions where, how many marks they where worth, and to post an unofficial mark scheme send me an inbox. I've got 35 marks written down so far.

hey that would be great thanks!!
Reply 242
Original post by Calllummmmm
hmm, i just put how the genes are removed from the jellyfish using enzymes and then they're placed into the zebra fish; then the zebra fish reproduce together. *shrugs* :P

Same! I said about enzymes too! only anyone i asked at schl about tht question looked at me like id suddenly sprouted wings when i mentioned enzymes!! :smile: so glad someone else did tht too! I dont know how anyone could actually understand tht q!!!!! ....oh well :/
Original post by Rebex123
Same! I said about enzymes too! only anyone i asked at schl about tht question looked at me like id suddenly sprouted wings when i mentioned enzymes!! :smile: so glad someone else did tht too! I dont know how anyone could actually understand tht q!!!!! ....oh well :/

I know that's like the only question, I'm really confident that I'll get all the marks according to the mark scheme. The others....:s-smilie:
Hey guys RohanV is clearly lieing try messaging him so ive had enough of waiting all day and want to take matters in my own hands im now starting the unofficial mark scheme please message me take care all and if you just remember the questions just message me it takes only a minute RohanV ur a noob who only cares about himself i hope you floped really badly
Reply 245
Original post by big nose Hassan
Hey guys RohanV is clearly lieing try messaging him so ive had enough of waiting all day and want to take matters in my own hands im now starting the unofficial mark scheme please message me take care all and if you just remember the questions just message me it takes only a minute RohanV ur a noob who only cares about himself i hope you floped really badly

Same man, have been waiting all day for his response -.-

I can remember some questions:

- Explain why Medicine (not sure about whether it said medicine) does not cure the disease.

- (6 marks) How are plant and animals adapted to prevent hunt from predators (<-- similar to that)

- Why is the percentage transferred from the sun to the green plants so low.

Sorry, I can't think of them a lot because I am revising for chemistry, anyway hope this helped a bit :smile:
Reply 246
Original post by Crystallouise99
I know that's like the only question, I'm really confident that I'll get all the marks according to the mark scheme. The others....:s-smilie:

I know....i hate having to wait so long for the results!! :frown: its almost more stressful than the exam itself!!! :smile:
Original post by Shad-A
Same man, have been waiting all day for his response -.-

I can remember some questions:

- Explain why Medicine (not sure about whether it said medicine) does not cure the disease.

- (6 marks) How are plant and animals adapted to prevent hunt from predators (<-- similar to that)

Sorry, I can't think of them a lot because I am revising for chemistry, anyway hope this helped a bit :smile:

I can remember some questions:-

-Why are scientists worried about the production of genetically modified zebra fish(2marks).
-Descibe how the process of genetically modified zebra fish take place (I dunno what the question exactly was). (3marks).
-Give two variables that should be controlled.(The drug question) (2marks).
-The biomass calculation question.(2marks)
-Explain why decay takes place faster in a tropical rainforest, other than other habitats. (2marks?)
-Can the man stop taking the course of antibiotics(2marks)
-What part of the vaccine stimulate the body's defence system.(2marks).
-Explain how vaccination helps a person become immune (something like that.(3marks).
-Give two advantages of Drug B over Drug A.
-Give one advantage of Drug A over Drug B.
-Give two variables that should be controlled. (Plant question.(2marks)
-In conclusion:- Where which part of the shoot responds to light and the other part about detection of the ligh stimulus. (3marks ?)
-Label processes X and Y from the Carbon Cycle.(2marks)

That's about how much I can remember. :wink:
Thanks guys ill get it up in 2 days hes really selfish i was willing to help him but i wanted the answers as well but oh well we can do it ourselves but the thing is we put different answers so ill put up what i heard we will hopefully get the mark scheme done dont worry im on the case ill come on tommorow after school at 4p.m well do it then cya then
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 249

-Explain why decay takes place faster in a tropical rainforest, other than other habitats. (2marks?)

It wasn't actually decay in the question, it was process x, which has been discussed and people aren't sure whether it was respiration or decay.
I'm pretty certain it was respiration, as that is the part of the decay process that releases the carbon, but the second question lends itself to decay better.

-Why are scientists worried about the production of genetically modified zebra fish(2marks).
-Descibe how the process of genetically modified zebra fish take place (I dunno what the question exactly was). (3marks).
-Give two variables that should be controlled.(The drug question) (2marks).
-The biomass calculation question.(2marks)(GOT O.6% 4 THIS
-Can the man stop taking the course of antibiotics(2marks)
-What part of the vaccine stimulate the body's defence system.(2marks).
-Explain how vaccination helps a person become immune (something like that.(3marks).
-Give two advantages of Drug B over Drug A.
-Give one advantage of Drug A over Drug B.
-Give two variables that should be controlled. (Plant question.(2marks)
-In conclusion:- Where which part of the shoot responds to light and the other part about detection of the ligh stimulus. (3marks ?)

I will help too! Let's see....
-Why did the drug not totally get rid of the disease?(Like the painkiller one)
-The how much pain did the patient feel (I think it was 75%)
-A pharmacist recommended for person to take drug A and Drug B which'd have the same effectiveness as Drug X. Do you agree? Justify.
-How does the body stay immune after getting a vaccination of measles.
-Explain changes for the birds during 197X-197X(Had like a table with seed mass and how many seeds there were)
-Why was there a difference in energy transfer between the insect eating bird and the hawk(Wasn't a hawk but the top of the food chain)

That's it for me....
Reply 251
Original post by Rebex123
I know!!! I revised so much last night for maths!!! never worked so hard in my bloody life :O nd im making posters on all the subjects and getting my mum to test me...wbu??? Anyway, I don't think the exam went that badly today...I managed to answer every question....how'd it go for you??? :smile:

It was the easiest exam I had ever done :L
It was okayish. I hated the first two pages about drugs and the finches question ?

Oh yh, there was this question about whether the man should finish his course of antibiotics, what did you say ? yes or no using the graph? I think I messed that question up.

I put yes, as there was still levels of the bacteria in his body and quoted some figures.
Hi guys back from school working on the mark scheme remember its not official please work with me and if you have a question ill ask it just drop me a message hopefully we will get it finished today so people who have chemistry wont be to worried but i only have physics left :P thanks

It was painkillers and the answer is because the just relieve the pain someone said because they dont lock on to the antigen and destroy the pathogen i think that is right if not then tell us thanks.

I spoke to my science teacher she said if you said 3 animals and explain it thats the 6 marks like camels camouflage polar bears camouflage cacti have spines bee's have warning colours unsure whether if you said polar bears and camels that would be 4 marks or 2 if not tell us thanks.

Because the plant loses a lot of energy from respiration i got told this so not 100% plus how many marks was it?

Thanks every bit helped and Good Luck! I am sure you will be just fine
-The how much pain did the patient feel (I think it was 75%) Yes correct!

-A pharmacist recommended for person to take drug A and Drug B which'd have the same effectiveness as Drug X. Do you agree? Justify.
I wrote no but i think this question doesn't mind what you write as long as you have good explanation i wrote no because A relieves the pain the quickest lasts the longest and finally that if you mixed the two drugs together you may end up getting different results.

-How does the body stay immune after getting a vaccination of measles.

The vaccine puts an inactive form of the disease into the body your white blood cells come across the disease and each disease has an antigen so it starts producing antibodies to lock on to the antigen and kill it so the disease is gone but the antibodies stay in the body

just remembered another question it was very badly written which part of the vaccine stimulates the body unsure about this one so will not answer it

-Why was there a difference in energy transfer between the insect eating bird and the hawk(Wasn't a hawk but the top of the food chain)

Yes something like that why are the energy levels so different or something like that i wrote because the insect eating bird will lose most of the enrgy through movement respiration and waste also some part of the animal is inedible so that bit will not be transferred and some may die before the energy is passed on
will do more later sorry if any mistakes are made im not perfect got an appointment now
Reply 257
Thanks BTW for making the mark scheme for us :smile: I wish I could help but right now I am stuck into Chemistry revision. Anyway, when the mark scheme is finished it could be great if you made a separate thread and give us a shout in this thread :biggrin:. That's all, hope everything is going well. Thanks!
OK will do man but no one is really helping so it may not be able to come tonight
Reply 259
Original post by ali_d123
It was the easiest exam I had ever done :L

I felt kinda the same, only the last q was a bit tough.....im not gonna tempt fate by saying it was really easy though!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending